CONFIRMED

Just now, wilyfox said:

For goodness sake. Not you as well. There’s a big difference between getting fully paid in two stages and not being fully paid.

Our slump second half of last season could be attributed to many things. Players frozen out, players in contract limbo, uncertainty over efl charge.

This is a new twist emerging as our plight continues. It’s one farce after another with Chansiri.

So you would be ok with receiving your wages in 2 stages?

I'm assuming that no player on our books at the time had suffered this elsewhere. You don't see that as a problem?

If I step out into my factory now and tell all the staff that I'm changing how they get paid from, all in full, to 2 stages, do you think they'll stay and believe me. Or put tools down.

• Love 1

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

I'm assuming that no player on our books at the time had suffered this elsewhere. You don't see that as a problem?

If I step out into my factory now and tell all the staff that I'm changing how they get paid from, all in full, to 2 stages, do you think they'll stay and believe me. Or put tools down.

Exactly

In other words - the real world

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
42 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

In the present circumstance I would think we would not be the only club doing this to be honest.

Most clubs in the EFL are struggling with no income for the past 10 months.

F00k me

When will you stop being an apologist and get angry about what this Chancer is doing to our club?

50 minutes ago, striker said:

Hope so. 

On the wider point, surely the club shouldn't be allowed to sign new players if they aren't paying the current ones?

This is the very essence of what the EFL profit and sustainability process is supposed to protect, the interests of the club and it's fans from incompetent owners incurring unsustainable debt. 

While money has been no object for Chansiri in the past, it seems it is now if he can't meet monthly payroll commitments.

Funny how he said a few years back the fans contributed nothing to the finances of the club but as soon as the fans are not paying into the club, the chairman is defaulting on payments, taking loans out on the stadium then not paying wages and refunds.

Its sounds to me like he never had much money in the first place or he has maxed out his trust fund and daddy has stopped him having anymore.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, room0035 said:

Funny how he said a few years back the fans contributed nothing to the finances of the club but as soon as the fans are not paying into the club, the chairman is defaulting on payments, taking loans out on the stadium then not paying wages and refunds.

Its sounds to me like he never had much money in the first place or he has maxed out his trust fund and daddy has stopped him having anymore.

Suspect that he got carried away in the early stages and spent it then....oh and badly

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

got worse under Pulis

TBF it has got worse,but is the managers appointment just coincidental? could easily have gone backwards again under monk,if the alleged (multiple! not just this)issues are effecting the players?? 

I didnt want GM sacked as you know,simply made no sense with the timing,..& improvement in results...

The fact there was a meeting yesterday between Chansiri and players and the news came out last night suggests the meeting didn’t go too well.

Today we find out the PFA are now involved. On top of that Staton has said this has happened numerous times on top of the 3 we already know about. 

This is just the stuff we are hearing about...

What about loans against the stadium or club?

What about transfer fees owed to clubs/agents?

What about the non playing staff?

Is the delay in season ticket payments more serious than thought?

Is the reason we barely have an U23s team because we can’t afford one?

This isn’t going to end well. That I’m sure of. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, though, the performances up to and including Norwich were good.

We probably wouldn't have got better results than those under Carlos.

Then, suddenly, BANG!

'Udders, Barnsley, Forest.

Even you must surely concede that there has been a sudden downturn in form.

Personally I thought it's because Tone had said too much, but now I'm not so sure.

Even me?  

This team plays like that - Rotherham, Wycombe, Luton then suddenly bang Bournemouth. Don't want the bloke and his negative ways. Full stop. Bielsa Ball is the future. I was slightly sceptical until I saw their 4th goal yesterday which was a thing to marvel at. 

22 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is, though, the performances up to and including Norwich were good.

We probably wouldn't have got better results than those under Carlos.

Then, suddenly, BANG!

'Udders, Barnsley, Forest.

Even you must surely concede that there has been a sudden downturn in form.

Personally I thought it's because Tone had said too much, but now I'm not so sure.

They really weren’t though 

One decent first half at Swansea. Decent against Norwich.

Thats 1 and half games of decent football in a year 

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

the payments were reportedly made days apart. Sounds like it was all settled each month. In a difficult COVID year, it’s a small allowance to make given how much they earn. MONK SAID THE PLAYERS & STAFF WERE SATISFIED. It’s different to your factory scenario, no doubt.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

the payments were reportedly made days apart. Sounds like it was all settled each month. In a difficult COVID year, it’s a small allowance to make given how much they earn. MONK SAID THE PLAYERS & STAFF WERE SATISFIED. It’s different to your factory scenario, no doubt.

bagdad-bob.jpg

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn’t look like they were “SATISFIED” to me.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So what are you saying, that pulis can be excused for shiit results but Monk couldn't? 

Neither Monk or Pulis are to blame, DC is the problem. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If this had being going on each month since last Nov. there's no way this story would not have been reported between times.