This Adam Reach cross was absolutely LETHAL

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 10.38.57.jpg

Almost made it look TOO easy

Also look where he crosses it from, and look how many opposition players are running back vs how many players we have running forward. It had to be absolutely clinical to hit his man and not a defender to head it away etc

He receives the ball from Bannan, looks up, and sweeps the cross in from deep to drop in the space between the defenders and the goal - absolutely perfect to run onto and finish.

Usually our players get the ball from Bannan out wide, stop, look around, jog forward and then try and cross the ball in from a place closer to the byline and only after their defence (and midfield players) have had the time to get back to pack their box out, meaning when we fart the cross over there's only Paterson or some other poor bloke stood on his own in the middle of the entire galactic empire's stormtrooper division.

If Pulis style is to get the ball forward early this Reach cross is the perfect video to show our players.

Bannan to wide player who immediately straight away curls the ball in from deep straight into the danger area for our strikers to run onto 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

In my opinion,  a comparison between Petter Rudi and Adam Reach can be made on various levels. 

Both accused of being soft in the tackle, similar build and look, some fans think they’re rubbish whilst others appreciate what they bring to the team, both similar work ethics, both scores the decent goal. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rodger Wylde said:

It was a very good cross. But then, he is a professional footballer and allegedly a winger and part of that job it is to provide decent crosses.

It's a bit like getting in your car in a morning and being excited just because the engine starts!

Totally disagree

It's a killer cross and he should be applauded for it

Plus - if it's the 'norm' for you then why aren't all the other players/wingers doing it every game?

Owlstalk Shop

It's been a number of years since I've seen us score a goal that was as simple as it was perfect.

We've scored more spectacular goals, of course. Reach alone has, in fact. But none so beautifully simple.

The footage here switches camera just before unfortunately, but you only have to see what Windass mouths to Reach as he comes to congratulate him to know just what he thought of it.

• Like 2

Just now, cowl said:

It's been a number of years since I've seen us score a goal that was as simple as it was perfect.

We've scored more spectacular goals, of course. Reach alone has, in fact. But none so beautifully simple.

The footage here switches camera just before unfortunately, but you only have to see what Windass mouths to Reach as he comes to congratulate him to know just what he thought of it.

To me that goal was very reminiscent of goals that were scored in the 80's when there used to be more room for strikers to run into to score goals

For example how many diving headers did Lee Chapman used to score from crosses like that from Marwood etc?

I loved this goal and won't be told for one second that it's simply what we should expect

It was an absolute cracker and the first goal in ages where it had you going... go on... go on... GO ON...> YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! like the old days

lol

k

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To me that goal was very reminiscent of goals that were scored in the 80's when there used to be more room for strikers to run into to score goals

For example how many diving headers did Lee Chapman used to score from crosses like that from Marwood etc?

I loved this goal and won't be told for one second that it's simply what we should expect

It was an absolute cracker and the first goal in ages where it had you going... go on... go on... GO ON...> YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! like the old days

lol

k

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the 80s-ness of the goal.

I think there is a hidden compliment of the goal in saying that it should be ‘normal’ though because it really did make the game look so simple such that there is a part of me that reacts with the feeling that we should be able to just produce goals like that at will.

We know it's that simple, of course, but a goal like that made to look so ordinary is what also makes it so exceptional.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 10.38.57.jpg

Almost made it look TOO easy

Also look where he crosses it from, and look how many opposition players are running back vs how many players we have running forward. It had to be absolutely clinical to hit his man and not a defender to head it away etc

He receives the ball from Bannan, looks up, and sweeps the cross in from deep to drop in the space between the defenders and the goal - absolutely perfect to run onto and finish.

Usually our players get the ball from Bannan out wide, stop, look around, jog forward and then try and cross the ball in from a place closer to the byline and only after their defence (and midfield players) have had the time to get back to pack their box out, meaning when we fart the cross over there's only Paterson or some other poor bloke stood on his own in the middle of the entire galactic empire's stormtrooper division.

If Pulis style is to get the ball forward early this Reach cross is the perfect video to show our players.

Bannan to wide player who immediately straight away curls the ball in from deep straight into the danger area for our strikers to run onto 

Helped by the Windass run as well which was first class.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Ive not seen that. What does he mouth?

41 minutes ago, LoadABallacks said:

It feels like Reach has contributed more in these few games since Pulis was in charge that he has done in the previous year. Hopefully we can get the best out of him again. 

In his 5 games for Pulis, 2 assists of beauty and his goal v Swansea. He’s getting plenty of shots in too.

In his 11 games for Monk, one assist, though the stat companies don’t show it as an assist. It was the OG v QPR where Reach curled a low beauty into the goalmouth and the defender turned it in from about an inch.....and that’s not an assist!?!?

Looking at it differently, all 3 assists from LEFT wing. None when Monk had him in CM, RW, sweeper and Keeper. Clown.

Its great that Pulis has got the best out of Reach. He is a joy to watch up and down that left-wing. His peaches of early crosses will be troubling opposing managers. It will create space for our LM.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

In his 5 games for Pulis, 2 assists of beauty and his goal v Swansea. He’s getting plenty of shots in too.

In his 11 games for Monk, one assist, though the stat companies don’t show it as an assist. It was the OG v QPR where Reach curled a low beauty into the goalmouth and the defender turned it in from about an inch.....and that’s not an assist!?!?

Looking at it differently, all 3 assists from LEFT wing. None when Monk had him in CM, RW, sweeper and Keeper. Clown.

Its great that Pulis has got the best out of Reach. He is a joy to watch up and down that left-wing. His peaches of early crosses will be troubling opposing managers. It will create space for our LM.

We just need to sort the right wing out now

I thought Harris was electric the other day but unfortunately nothing came of it

Hopefully his end result can match his upturned pace and enthusiasm

Owlstalk Shop