Who Else Laughed

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

We battled hard, but we’re acting like Reading are the new Barcelona 

They’d conceded 18 goals in the last 8 matches 

I understand we’re limited in some areas, but I does feel like we’re giving teams far too much respect from the offset 

I think its more Pulis knows that we can't hit a barn door. So he is doing what he knows best, with what he has to work with.

Think some folk have forgotten how to have a laugh

Even worse / they’ve lost the ability to laugh at themselves which is always a real concern as all that’s left at that point is misplaced inflated self ego

Lighten up ffs 

At the very least clear off to one of your serious threads where you can act all cool 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Think some folk have forgotten how to have a laugh

Even worse - these people have lost the ability to laugh at themselves which is always a real concern as all that’s left at that point is misplaced ego

Lighten up ffs 

At the very least clear off to one of your serious threads where you can act all cool 

Well said, those were my feelings last night when sometimes you just have to have a little humility. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, edwinowl said:

Those same reading players that got 1 point same as us 

I wasnt impressed with the theatricals from Reading, but in my view they had at least 2,maybe 3 penaltys turned down.We could have  been talking about a 3,4 - 1 loss,instead of collecting a point.

11 hours ago, daleblue said:

To be fair, I'm not bothered about them, it's my team I'm interested in, and that was pathetic.

What’s funny about ‘and that was pathetic’ 

That was a battling lung busting sleeves rolled up performance. Remember,  those that we used to have some years back. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

What’s funny about ‘and that was pathetic’ 

That was a battling lung busting sleeves rolled up performance. Remember,  those that we used to have some years back. 

And that my friend is why I laughed.

Seen it all before, fed up of feeling sick to the stomach every time the oppo get's possession.

15 hours ago, daleblue said:

In the end I just started laughing at our own players, utter garbage, watched Borner run forward with the ball only

to lose control, kick it too far in front, lunge, ends up on his arris, Reading player smoothly collects the ball moves it

sideways and watches Borner having to get up and run back, he was not the only one Reach in the penalty area, got

square onto the ball and chest it and clear, oh no, stay sideways on, do a kung fu kick, handle the ball and look all

innocent, my missus asked me what I was laughing at, "tragedy", I say, they were not the only ones, lots of guts out

there tonight, but lets be honest, that was comedy.

That's the longest sentence I've ever read lol

15 minutes ago, geriatricowl said:

Well considering we were down to 10 men, without a recognised striker and playing a very good Reading side I thought we were anything but pathetic. 

Yep, wrong word to use.

18 hours ago, beswetherick said:

My favourite Paterson moment (other than the cupped ears after his goal) was either the one where he just shoved their player over with two hands and the lad went flying, or when he was one on one and decided to try and run straight through their defender. He’s limited as a footballer but he gives everything and it’s entertaining to watch, I like him

When he just shoved their player Pulis pissed himself!