Who Else Laughed

The goal we scored was excellent and the sheer grit and determination in that second half merited the point. It wasn't pretty, but I cannot fault the effort. 

There is no denying the fact that we have some players who are, shall we say, somewhat limited, in a technical sense. 

The one I enjoyed was in the second during a rare foray into the Reading half. I think Paterson passes it to Harris, who carries the ball for a bit, then tries to stop and turn...but proceeded to get the ball caught under his feet, giving it back to a Reading player, before falling over. 

5 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

had a reyt laugh tonight havent you

Got passed the stage of worrying, been watching since early 70s so when they play like that I just have a laugh and 

move on.

Just now, daleblue said:

To be honest I didn't see those matches, only followed on the radio, so I try not to comment when I 

haven't seen the match.

Fair.

From my point of view those games, particularly the Rotherham game were pathetic. Tonight was very good in terms of effort and achieving the point against a good side. We'd have lost it under Monk.

Just now, TomtheOwl95 said:

Fair.

From my point of view those games, particularly the Rotherham game were pathetic. Tonight was very good in terms of effort and achieving the point against a good side. We'd have lost it under Monk.

I can't fault the effort and the shift those lads put in, but sometimes you have to see it for what it is.

And yes we would have lost that under any other Manager than Pulis.

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I can't fault the effort and the shift those lads put in, but sometimes you have to see it for what it is.

And yes we would have lost that under any other Manager than Pulis.

Yeah, it's a relegation scrap. Every point is massive for us.

• Like 1

Having a giggle, are you a teenage girl?

We were excellent tonight in the face of adversity, although backs to the wall we still threatened a counter attack.

I’m quick to criticise lack of effort and management decisions, but that’s changed now under Pulis.

Get behind the lads they ran their blood to water tonight.

• Like 5

Just now, marconi said:

Having a giggle, are you a teenage girl?

We were excellent tonight in the face of adversity, although backs to the wall we still threatened a counter attack.

I’m quick to criticise lack of effort and management decisions, but that’s changed now under Pulis.

Get behind the lads they ran their blood to water tonight.

I cant fault their fight tonight, but some of it was like a circus, and yes some of it was comical, and I do like 

a laugh now and then.

It's not death or glory, it's footy, having a smile at some of the stuff doesn't make me a bad person,

or a bad supporter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I cant fault their fight tonight, but some of it was like a circus, and yes some of it was comical, and I do like 

a laugh now and then.

It's not death or glory, it's footy, having a smile at some of the stuff doesn't make me a bad person,

or a bad supporter.

Maybe you should start watching wrestling, I’ll get Steveboom to PM you.

7 hours ago, daleblue said:

In the end I just started laughing at our own players, utter garbage, watched Borner run forward with the ball only

to lose control, kick it too far in front, lunge, ends up on his arris, Reading player smoothly collects the ball moves it

sideways and watches Borner having to get up and run back, he was not the only one Reach in the penalty area, got

square onto the ball and chest it and clear, oh no, stay sideways on, do a kung fu kick, handle the ball and look all

innocent, my missus asked me what I was laughing at, "tragedy", I say, they were not the only ones, lots of guts out

there tonight, but lets be honest, that was comedy.

Cant agree.I didn't find it funny at all.

The difference in class was alarming and shows how much we have slipped back.

How we managed to get a point out of that game is a mystery equalling the Bermuda Triangle.

On saying that, these odd points may prove priceless come the end of the season

Guest Mcguigan
7 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I've just watched the Paterson goal in more detail before I go to bed.

If there was one channel to beat a Championship keeper from that angle...

He found it.

He’s not an Eastenders extra drafted to into a soccer aid match, he’s a professional footballer, sometimes this can happen.

Paterson was brilliant tonight. Every good team needs 1 or 2 like Paterson. He’s a character, and has got bottle. We’ve lacksd a spine of players like this for a while. Thought it was funny when we pushed someone over - Pulis was laughing his knackers off. 

Paterson will have a really good career here and will morph into a cult hero. 

9 hours ago, daleblue said:

In the end I just started laughing at our own players, utter garbage, watched Borner run forward with the ball only

to lose control, kick it too far in front, lunge, ends up on his arris, Reading player smoothly collects the ball moves it

sideways and watches Borner having to get up and run back, he was not the only one Reach in the penalty area, got

square onto the ball and chest it and clear, oh no, stay sideways on, do a kung fu kick, handle the ball and look all

innocent, my missus asked me what I was laughing at, "tragedy", I say, they were not the only ones, lots of guts out

there tonight, but lets be honest, that was comedy.

Have you not good a full stop on your keyboard?

Cannot fault the effort from the lads last night, a throuroughly dogged, backs-to-the-wall 60 minute performance with 10 men to gain a point..

However, cannot help but think we don't do ourselves any favours. sometimes.
A few clearances that went straight back into the centre of the pitch, rather than hoofing it into row H of the stands..

A few headed clearances that didn't even get the ball out of our penalty area.

Pretty basic things in the art of defending..

Our control and passing at times is shcking at best - remember these are supposed to be professioanl sportsmen earning a bloody good wage.

But, that aside, cannot compain about the desire and fight they showed last night.

Just need to get a bit cuter up top and create and not be afraid to shoot when we get the chance,..

2 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Cant agree.I didn't find it funny at all.

The difference in class was alarming and shows how much we have slipped back.

How we managed to get a point out of that game is a mystery equalling the Bermuda Triangle.

On saying that, these odd points may prove priceless come the end of the season

Couldn't agree more, but got to the stage last night where laughing was my only outlet.