Iorfa as Emergency Striker?

I reckon we will see Iorfa played at right back.  

We will see more of his marauding runs down the flanks. Pace and power driving forward.

I also think this will give him the chance to get forward whenever possible, including being more of a threat at set pieces.

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

When fit?

Mentioned this before. What do you reckon?

Could do a job at centre back though couldn't he?

Van Aken must have a decent shot on him, and he's not going to keep his place when they are all fit.

TBF Borner is always in the right place at corners for an attempt on goal.

I think we might see Harris start up front before these players though. 

Pulis has already stated we're missing Windass and Harris' pace up front.

Thank god Pulis doesn't see Harris as a wing back like Monk 

lol

Edited by Ozymandias Owl

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Could do a job at centre back though couldn't he?

Van Aken must have a decent shot on him, and he's not going to keep his place when they are all fit.

TBF Borner is always in the right place at corners for an attempt on goal.

I think we might see Harris start up front before these players though. 

Pulis has already stated we're missing Windass and Harris' pace up front.

Thank god Pulis doesn't see Harris as a wing back like Monk 

lol

I think Pulis may use Harris in the striker role aswell.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think Pulis may use Harris in the striker role aswell.

That is where I believe Harris is most dangerous.

Driving forwards into the box at pace.  The opposition defence panic.  

Will be interesting to see how Pulis will use Harris.  I'm sure his work ethic and pace will certainly help us on the counter attack.  

Under Monk, Harris had too many defensive responsibilities.  Take that away, and let him attack.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

That is where I believe Harris is most dangerous.

Driving forwards into the box at pace.  The opposition defence panic.  

Will be interesting to see how Pulis will use Harris.  I'm sure his work ethic and pace will certainly help us on the counter attack.  

Under Monk, Harris had too many defensive responsibilities.  Take that away, and let him attack.  

Only place I can see him playing is there to be honest. 

Odubajo is more of a left back then a left winger for us so I don't see him taking his place. And Van Aken is tall and comes across and covers centre back so i dont see him being swapped for odubajo in that role. Rhodes is the only one I see him swapping him for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Only place I can see him playing is there to be honest. 

Odubajo is more of a left back then a left winger for us so I don't see him taking his place. And Van Aken is tall and comes across and covers centre back so i dont see him being swapped for odubajo in that role. Rhodes is the only one I see him swapping him for.

For me Odubajo's best position is right wing.  

Van Aken may very well be 1st choice left back.  I know he was hauled off last game, but I think he is a player that needs more coaching when it comes to defensive duties.  I think Pulis likes him in the sense that he can hit some lovely long balls, as well as being a threat during set pieces.  I think Pulis will improve his defensive side whilst fully utilising his height in the opposition box.  

• Like 1

Simon, you are not far off Iorfa being an emergency striker.  

When we get set piece opportunities, Iorfa will pretty much be playing in a strikers position.   Just outside the 6 yard box ready to pounce. 

Emergency, is also correct, in the sense that it being a dangerous situation requiring immediate action.  lol

• Like 1

I’m sure Carlton Palmer did play as as emergency striker back in the day?

It’s a pretty mad idea playing big Dom there but it probably isn’t the most ridiculous thing I would have seen at Hillsborough!

Maybe not for a whole game but in the last 20 mins when chasing a win?

He is our most valuable player though so maybe get him playing well in defence and then smashing a few goals home will increase his stock value even more? Ready for cashing in on him in Jan?

12 hours ago, Ronio said:

I reckon we will see Iorfa played at right back.  

We will see more of his marauding runs down the flanks. Pace and power driving forward.

I also think this will give him the chance to get forward whenever possible, including being more of a threat at set pieces.

I don’t think Pulis wants marauding runs from the full backs. Tends to like a pretty rigid back line with CB’s in the full back position. 

I think Pulis is right, Paterson is an attacking mis/link man. I'd give Iorfa or Shaw a chance short term. Everything else we have up top is ineffective. We need to change the dynamic of the team and have to do it from the limited resources within.

• Like 1