Westwood out for two weeks

It's clear from Pulis' words that Westwood will play once he's fit though.

I suspect Wildsmith would have to play out of his skin and show the kind of form and ability he's hitherto failed to do for him to keep his place once Westwood's fit again.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

It's clear from Pulis' words that Westwood will play once he's fit though.

I suspect Wildsmith would have to play out of his skin and show the kind of form and ability he's hitherto failed to do for him to keep his place once Westwood's fit again.

True

I imagine it would be really disappointing if Wildsmith does play well, keep clean sheets and then get dropped for Westwood though

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

True

I imagine it would be really disappointing if Wildsmith does play well, keep clean sheets and then get dropped for Westwood though

It would be fantastic if Wildsmith started to show the kind of ability that Westwood was consistently showing a few years.

Westwood would regularly be the difference between 3 points and 1, or 1 point and 0. That's what you need from your keeper.

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah - made a huge difference the last few games he's played

facepalm.png

Voice "Boss - I've got to come off I'm injured again"

Organisation - picking up his towel and water bottle to walk off the pitch injured with

One full match 97 min plus 20 mins  Total Max 115 min max

It’s getting ridiculous now. There are certain posters who have such entrenched views that if we won every game and Westwood never conceded a goal they would find a reason to criticise pullis and Westwood. 

Time to let go of the past and start looking forward to hopefully better times. Let’s face it they can’t get any worse than 2020 has been

Just now, Plonk said:

It’s getting ridiculous now. There are certain posters who have such entrenched views that if we won every game and Westwood never conceded a goal they would find a reason to criticise pullis and Westwood. 

Time to let go of the past and start looking forward to hopefully better times. Let’s face it they can’t get any worse than 2020 has been

I'm honestly genuinely shocked that there are folk who can see Westwood letting goals in left right and centre, making mistakes, getting banished, getting injured again and and again and again and again and then keep crying that people might have an issue with that.

And to say what you've just posted when Westwood has just dropped a gaffe that cost us a game and then gone off injured after ten minutes of the next match is beyond ridiculous.

It's not at all that people's views are entrenched - it's simply that Westwood is doing things time and time and time and time and time again

There has to come a time when someone is smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat that you start to realise that someone is smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat, and not to start trying to pick an argument with someone telling you that someone in smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat,

Owlstalk Shop

Can any poster that doesn't recognize that Westwood made an error against Preston and was making errors in the lead-up to him getting dropped a year ago please come forward and identify themselves please.

There seems to be a view that there's a number of these fans so it would be useful to know that they do actually exist (I'm not convinced they do).

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm honestly genuinely shocked that there are folk who can see Westwood letting goals in left right and centre, making mistakes, getting banished, getting injured again and and again and again and again and then keep crying that people might have an issue with that.

And to say what you've just posted when Westwood has just dropped a gaffe that cost us a game and then gone off injured after ten minutes of the next match is beyond ridiculous.

It's not at all that people's views are entrenched - it's simply that Westwood is doing things time and time and time and time and time again

There has to come a time when someone is smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat that you start to realise that someone is smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat, and not to start trying to pick an argument with someone telling you that someone in smashing you in the face repeatedly with a cricket bat,

Left right and centre, what on earth are you on about 😂

Slipped against Preston for 1 goal, and injured on Wednesday. 

Pulis and others have suggested he’s on of the best in the league, I reckon they know a tad more than you 

You play your best players. De Gea and Alison have both fumbled on occasion for United and Liverpool, have they been dropped? 

• Like 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

Slipped against Preston for 1 goal, and injured on Wednesday.  

'slipped'

Aye... alreyt

You do realise you just pointed out that in the last two games he's made a blunder that cost us the game, and then in the second went off injured?

Isn't that what the Westwood critics are saying happens?

I'm not sure why people are getting so confused about this 

Or even more bizarrely why they keep excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings - and then excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings when they happen again and again and again after that

And then even more bizarrely why they keep excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings - and then excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings when they happen yet again  

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

'slipped'

Aye... alreyt

You do realise you just pointed out that in the last two games he's made a blunder that cost us the game, and then in the second went off injured?

Isn't that what the Westwood critics are saying happens?

I'm not sure why people are getting so confused about this 

Or even more bizarrely why they keep excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings - and then excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings when they happen again and again and again after that

And then even more bizarrely why they keep excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings - and then excusing his blunders, injuries and banishings when they happen yet again  

Again, he is widely regarded as one of the best in the league. I reckon they all know a bit more than you 

As for ‘happening over and over again’ you’ve literally just made that up 

• Like 1

Why are many fans keen to see Westwood given the chance to regain his form?

Because all our current keepers have been making mistakes when called upon for 2 years now. There is no obvious alternative.

But Westwood unlike the others has at least at one time been voted POTS twice and been in nets when we twice achieved our highest ever number of clean sheets in a season. Not to mention the countless MOTM awards.

• Like 1