England men's fixtures omdt.

3 minutes ago, edmontonowl said:

He looks OK. But he's had plenty of work to do at struggling WBA, like Pickford who looked decent in a Sunderland side getting relegated.

Goalkeeper has become a nightmare for England right now

Just think Pickford is erratic. I like boring, solid keepers that don’t make many mistakes. Pickford strikes me as the type that will make a huge mistake. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

Apparently Tomori has been excellent since moving to AC Milan, so he could be an option in Central Defence .

I would actually play Jude Bellingham as the shield/ defensive midfielder . I know how young he is, but whenever I've seen him he has been better than Rice/Henderson/Phillips. 

My starting line up for the first game is this, from the BBC squad predictor :

4-1-2-3 

GK Henderson

RB : Walker

CB: Mings

CB: Tomori

LB:  Chilwell

DM : Bellingham

AM: Mount

AM: Grealish

RW: Foden

CF: Kane

LM: Rashford 

It's going to be Stones and Maguire at Centre Back, I know. I'm quite liking the rest of that line up though. 

First game maybe, but against tougher opposition later in the tournament that defence and midfield would get run ragged 

23 minutes ago, Night King said:

My starting 11 if everyone fit against Croatia

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

Henderson

Rice

Sterling

Mount

Foden

Kane

If everyone is fit I'd be very surprised if that isn't more or less spot on for what Southgate will go with. Croatia is our toughest group match, we could be a bit more adventurous in terms of Trent Alexander Arnold at RB & perhaps putting Mount in the midfield 2 in the other two games, depending on our position in the group.  

31 minutes ago, Night King said:

My starting 11 if everyone fit against Croatia

Pickford

Walker

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

Henderson

Rice

Sterling

Mount

Foden

Kane

Why do we have so many food based players walkers crisps, stones bitter, shaws dandelion and burdock, Henderson’s relish, rice, Mountain Dew and sugar Kane. Well weird.

20 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Not far off for me. 

I'd go Pope over Pickford. Maybe James over Walker and Bellingham over Henderson too. 

Pope's not fit and not in the squad that's why Ramsdale and Johnstone have been called up. Henderson #2 and although I've rarely seen him play even when at United after seeing his performance against Liverpool I would fully expect Pickford to be #1.

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Sterling has been awful this season. Wouldn’t get anywhere my starting line up. Grealish should be in the starting 11. 

Sterling has dipped dramatically in the last 2 or 3 months. Rashford has been a bit inconsistent at times too, just can't see us starting without at least one of them in the first competitive game. 

We should have got in for the Brighton keeper Sanchez. Looks pretty good to me.

Though it's funny really all this debate about who should be 3rd choice right back like it really matters

All you need to do is make sure your key players have players around them to suit them

Look at Belgium, some right dross in their squad but still a force because it's the key players that make a difference 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

We should have got in for the Brighton keeper Sanchez. Looks pretty good to me.

Though it's funny really all this debate about who should be 3rd choice right back like it really matters

All you need to do is make sure your key players have players around them to suit them

Look at Belgium, some right dross in their squad but still a force because it's the key players that make a difference 

Who’s to say our starting XI can’t win the group & then another 4 matches? Most tournaments we only use half the squad anyway! 

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why do we have so many food based players walkers crisps, stones bitter, shaws dandelion and burdock, Henderson’s relish, rice, Mountain Dew and sugar Kane. Well weird.

Indeed. And where do you keep food so it doesn’t go off? Yes, in a fridge, so it can Chilwell.

• Haha 2

Personally, I don't agree with some of the striking options. 

Think DCL is pretty average and simply had a very good spell last season before returning to his usual levels.  Danny Ings is a far, far better player imo and probably the closest thing we have to someone who could come in for Kane, if required. I also don't understand why Southgate never gave Bamford a chance to prove himself. 

No idea why he has called up the likes of Ben White. Seems completely pointless. 

At least he has dropped Eric Dier though, that's a real relief. 

I'm actually scheduled to go to the group opener against Croatia on the 13 June 2021, so I can be safe in the knowledge that I can shout abuse at Eric Dier's brother and he won't be there to confront me in the stands.