England men's fixtures omdt.

1 minute ago, markg said:

Peter atherton waiting for the phone to ring 

He's still following McManaman around from that marking job he was tasked with at Anfield in 1996! 

5 minutes ago, markg said:

Agree. Keeper and defence worry me and central midfield too on a way. Not enough quality there against good sides 

Rice and Bellingham have impressed me recently and Liverpool have clearly missed Henderson so if he is fit then I think we are decent in that position, I think he gets more stick than he deserves. Kante is a level above but not sure many other European nations have much better than us in holding midfield. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Probably should have taken Wan-Bissaka just in case 😆

4 right backs? What is that all about? lol

He's just said that if we had 5 or 6 top class right-backs he would probably have picked them all!

Yes pick your best players but only to the extent you still have enough balance. 3 would have been enough with an extra attacking option selected instead.

21 hours ago, fudge27 said:

For tomorrow I'd go

Henderson

Trippier

Coady

Mings

Shaw

Rice

Henderson/TAA

Sancho

Grealish

Saka

Calvert Lewin

Let the players on the edge have a game, see who sticks their hand up 

Then for the last friendly

Pickford

Trippier

Coady

Stones

Saka

Bellingham

Phillips

Grealish

Rashford

Kane

Sterling

Gets minutes in most of the squad, let's Rashford and Sterling try and find some form, and rests Mount, Foden, James and buys Maguire and Jordan Henderson another week of recovery

The right back thing is mildly farcical.

I think Trent going is the right call, but the fact his inclusion has overshadowed the whole thing is mildly farcical. Sky Sports News has his inclusion as the main banner headline even as the squad was announced.

That lad has some friends in the right areas, or should I say his club do.

As others have said, 4 right backs screams back 5. Pathetic considering how poor we looked playing this system during qualification.

If ever we had a squad of players available where we could just set up to score more than the opposition, it’s this current crop of players. 

Instead we’ll end up with a back 5 and, 2 defensive central players in Rice and Phillips. Pathetic. Quicker this chancer gets binned off the better.

2 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

As I saw, and agree with, on the internet, there is no problem with 4 RB's.

All winners

Trippier La Liga winner

James CL winner

Walker PL winner.

Trent MotM winner against Villa at home.

Only 1 can play. That’s the problem. 

We’re a central midfield injury away from a crisis before a ball has even been kicked. Southgate has absolutely bottled the decision to drop TAA. He clearly doesn’t fancy him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Only 1 can play. That’s the problem. 

We’re a central midfield injury away from a crisis before a ball has even been kicked. Southgate has absolutely bottled the decision to drop TAA. He clearly doesn’t fancy him.

Not sure about that. We will only play 2 central midfielders, Henderson will be first choice, Rice has had a really good season, Bellingham has been excellent for Dortmund and Phillips is a 4th option. Even with 1 injury it won't turn into a crisis.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure about that. We will only play 2 central midfielders, Henderson will be first choice, Rice has had a really good season, Bellingham has been excellent for Dortmund and Phillips is a 4th option. Even with 1 injury it won't turn into a crisis.

Henderson hasn’t played for Liverpool since the 20th of February. You can’t take a player to a major tournament and, allow them to get fit during the group games. You’re also running the risk of a set back. Huge gamble all things considered. I think he’s gone as a senior professional to look after the 

That leaves Rice, Bellingham and, Phillips as match fit options. Absolute suicide considering there’s 4, yes 4! Right backs in the squad. I’d have been less angry at Eric Dier being included for his versatility. 

28 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Henderson hasn’t played for Liverpool since the 20th of February. You can’t take a player to a major tournament and, allow them to get fit during the group games. You’re also running the risk of a set back. Huge gamble all things considered. I think he’s gone as a senior professional to look after the 

That leaves Rice, Bellingham and, Phillips as match fit options. Absolute suicide considering there’s 4, yes 4! Right backs in the squad. I’d have been less angry at Eric Dier being included for his versatility. 

Not a problem for me. Rice, Bellingham and Phillips cover 2 positions even without Henderson and if one of those gets injured then James, who has played midfield plenty of times, can cover as well. 

No point picking the ineffectual Dier who has not played midfield for a while and has had a pretty average season anyway. 

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

Then for the last friendly

Pickford

Trippier

Coady

Stones

Saka

Bellingham

Phillips

Grealish

Rashford

Kane

Sterling

Gets minutes in most of the squad, let's Rashford and Sterling try and find some form, and rests Mount, Foden, James and buys Maguire and Jordan Henderson another week of recovery

I don’t think any of the Utd, City of Chelsea lads are available for selection. 

2 minutes ago, Night King said:

For me tomorrow’s team will look like this

Pickford

Trent

Mings

Coady

Trippier

Rice

Bellingham

Philips

Grealish

Kane

Sancho 

He's more or less said Lingard is playing tomorrow hasn't he?