Season ticket refund

Just for info.  I received my refund a few weeks ago now.  The lady who rang was polite efficient and friendly and the transaction lasted about a minute at most. When complete I asked if I could do my partners card, which was in a different name, but was linked as friends and family on my account.  She said of course and refunded that just as efficiently.  i can understand why they can't undertake multiple transactions if the cards are not linked.  My surname begins with S.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Really?

I can't

Unless they're working from pen and paper or those cards that libraries used to use to catalogue books

If the cards are not linked you cannot give a refund to someone who is not the card holder surely?

1 minute ago, Striggy said:

If the cards are not linked you cannot give a refund to someone who is not the card holder surely?

"Can I do my partners card?"

"Is there there to confirm security details?"

"yes she is.. one sec"

"Hello this is Striggy's partner"

*confirms security details*

*gets refund*

"Bye!"

Now I know I'm taking what might be seen as a 'common sense approach' here but I'm pretty sure the above scenario would be quicker (for everyone) than:

"can I do my partners card too?"

"I'm afraid not. What I will have to do is leave this call today, and then later on down the line when her name pops up on the system to call I'll have to call her and go through this process with her"

"But you're on the line now? It would take seconds. She might not be in next time, and surely it would be faster for everyone (including those waiting in the system for a call) if you just did it here and now?"

"Yes I know but this is the system we're using"

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"Can I do my partners card?"

"Is there there to confirm security details?"

"yes she is.. one sec"

"Hello this is Striggy's partner"

*confirms security details*

*gets refund*

"Bye!"

Depends what security details they hold from your partners original purchase.  Sure I read somewhere (most likely on here) that many details cannot be saved after purchase due to data protection. Anyhow, I can understand it, I can see that you don't.  And as I said, it was not an issue in my case.  I suppose different views will persist because we do not know for sure the full reasons behind it are, so can only speculate.  Anyway, looking forward to tonight and our first win under TP.  UTO

22 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Depends what security details they hold from your partners original purchase.  Sure I read somewhere (most likely on here) that many details cannot be saved after purchase due to data protection. Anyhow, I can understand it, I can see that you don't.  And as I said, it was not an issue in my case.  I suppose different views will persist because we do not know for sure the full reasons behind it are, so can only speculate.  Anyway, looking forward to tonight and our first win under TP.  UTO

This confuses me though..

You're saying that data can't be saved after purchase so how did they contact you?
And if they can contact you surely they will be contacting your partner?
And if they can contact you and confirm the refund surely they can simply confirm your partners refund at the same time?
And if they can't surely they will have to find some details that they've kept so that they can contact our partner and confirm the refund with them?

What details did/do they confirm with you when they ring you?

And why are we the only company in the whole world who has to throw away customer details from a purchase?

lol

AND

If you were found to be racist or violent at a match and smack the person in front of you and shout racist stuff at players how could they ban you if they don't know how to contact you because they've thrown your details away?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

I think the most disappointing thing about this whole thing is (as usual) the lack of comunication from the club.

The last we heard on the matter was on the 26th October (unless I'm mistaken) with the clubs Press Release stating

"We will fulfil the rebate option as promised, and although the process may take a short time longer than was anticipated for some supporters, everyone who selected that option will receive their refund"

The last time the Ticket Office tweeted was in June.

Nobody knows how many are left to be refunded. As is so often the case - nobody knows anything about this. Its literally "Sit down, shut up and we will get to you when we get to you"

Its the very worst way to treat a customer.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This confuses me though..

You're saying that data can't be saved after purchase so how did they contact you?
And if they can contact you surely they will be contacting your partner?
And if they can contact you and confirm the refund surely they can simply confirm your partners refund at the same time?
And if they can't surely they will have to find some details that they've kept so that they can contact our partner and confirm the refund with them?

What details did/do they confirm with you when they ring you?

And why are we the only company in the whole world who has to throw away customer details from a purchase?

lol

AND

If you were found to be racist or violent at a match and smack the person in front of you and shout racist stuff at players how could they ban you if they don't know how to contact you because they've thrown your details away?

I believe it's not that data can't be saved after purchase that appears to be the problem here.

It seems to be the fact that the original company that did the sale is no longer trading and certain sensitive data (eg bank details etc.) cannot be transferred to a third party.

Obviously I'm only surmising that this is the reason but it would help to explain the individual phone calls.

Just now, Hookowl said:

I believe it's not that data can't be saved after purchase that appears to be the problem here.

It seems to be the fact that the original company that did the sale is no longer trading and certain sensitive data (eg bank details etc.) cannot be transferred to a third party.

Obviously I'm only surmising that this is the reason but it would help to explain the individual phone calls.

Why would it take a seperate phone call to the same household though?

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would it take a seperate phone call to the same household though?

No idea on that one mate, I was more thinking about the reason for phoning people to confirm details as opposed to being able to do automatic rebates.

Just had a call for my son.    Doesn't amount to much as it was a £75 ticket.     

I made a point to thank the lady and tell her I hope she hadn't had too much grief - alas she had, but not today she said!

I'll be taking my boy to the shop to spend it, and as I told the woman - I think she said her name was Catherine but not sure,  I  will undoubtedly top him up because it's not a huge amount, but then again £75 for a ticket isn't a vast outlay either and that was my point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

Just had a call for my son.    Doesn't amount to much as it was a £75 ticket.     

I made a point to thank the lady and tell her I hope she hadn't had too much grief - alas she had, but not today she said!

I'll be taking my boy to the shop to spend it, and as I told the woman - I think she said her name was Catherine but not sure,  I  will undoubtedly top him up because it's not a huge amount, but then again £75 for a ticket isn't a vast outlay either and that was my point.

Nice one 

Its really sad to hear that some folk are giving these staff a hard time when they call up to give them a refund?

What's the thinking behind that??

Baffling

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nice one 

Its really sad to hear that some folk are giving these staff a hard time when they call up to give them a refund?

What's the thinking behind that??

Baffling

If and when I get my call, I am going to boo, and shout 'gerrit forrod' continually whilst my refund is sorted - It will make me feel big.

• Haha 3