Season ticket refund

23 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

It is quite frankly disgusting.

Since the very first lockdown I have dealt with literally dozens of organisations (as a Self-Employed small business owner) including HMRC, Sheffield Council, BT, British Gas, Camelot and Menzies. Each one of them have been absolutely 1st class and I am very grateful for their help and assistance.

Yet the football club that I love and support (40 consecutive years as a season ticket holder including 15 of them with my wife) and this is the treatment you get, they are a complete shambles from top to bottom and they don't deserve the support they get.

For a professional business, it's shambolic. 

• Like 3

Guest hirstysfags
On 02/12/2020 at 18:24, @owlstalk said:

I just can't fathom why people aren't just doing chargebacks?

Call your bank, 2 minute call, job done.

How do you get them to release a specific amount?

I missed my call yesterday but they left me a voicemail asking me to give them a call back. 

They did my refund no problems and went in my account today. 

I asked if they could do my daughters at the same time, as she’s only 2 I’d never bothered linking to my ST and had to email the club when rebate options first came about to do this. I got told that she’s on the list but couldn’t refund on the same call as they have been strictly ordered to only contact certain people each day. Explained that it would be me they’d have to phone again and the money would be going on the same card and that I was trying to save them time etc but no budging. 

Genuinely feel sorry for those making the calls - she sounded completely fed up and frustrated that she’ll have to phone me again at some point. 

On 02/12/2020 at 19:51, steve simpson said:

A polite question from an old man. Does anyone know how much I should be getting back for 2019/20.

It was a senior ticket in the grandstand.

I may have already had this info, but I can't find it and I need to know how much I am claiming for charge back.

Thanks if you can help.

i'm the same .....5 home games at just over £13  match 65-70 quid .......i took the i follow option and with 25 quid club shop voucher plus the 25 quid off a future match ticket i came out well in front . 

1 hour ago, S63 Owl said:

I missed my call yesterday but they left me a voicemail asking me to give them a call back. 

They did my refund no problems and went in my account today. 

I asked if they could do my daughters at the same time, as she’s only 2 I’d never bothered linking to my ST and had to email the club when rebate options first came about to do this. I got told that she’s on the list but couldn’t refund on the same call as they have been strictly ordered to only contact certain people each day. Explained that it would be me they’d have to phone again and the money would be going on the same card and that I was trying to save them time etc but no budging. 

Genuinely feel sorry for those making the calls - she sounded completely fed up and frustrated that she’ll have to phone me again at some point. 

Similar story with me, put my request in for mine and my niece’s (which I pay for), then couple of hours later gets a call from our kid, he says can you request mine & the nephew’s seen as you already have them set up on your account. Anyway about 3 weeks ago gets a call to refund our kid’s & the nephews, so I ask the women you may as well do mine while you’re on the phone, she’s says no allowed to do that ad someone will call me when they get to me on the list. Still waiting like, but no rush I’m not desperate. 

Guest Grandad

It seems like despite the best efforts of the fans to help the club sites up the process the club can't actually move away from the process

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Similar story with me, put my request in for mine and my niece’s (which I pay for), then couple of hours later gets a call from our kid, he says can you request mine & the nephew’s seen as you already have them set up on your account. Anyway about 3 weeks ago gets a call to refund our kid’s & the nephews, so I ask the women you may as well do mine while you’re on the phone, she’s says no allowed to do that ad someone will call me when they get to me on the list. Still waiting like, but no rush I’m not desperate. 

Yeh same story - really don't get it as you’re speeding up the process...

The lass I spoke to sounded really annoyed that she couldn’t do what made common sense to speed up the process for everyone. 

I've mentioned before on here about cricket being light years ahead of football when it comes to looking after the paying public. Since posting, cricket has delivered on its promises.

We're also members of Yorkshire CCC and the refund/donation process was sorted out in the summer when it became clear that no one would be attending cricket matches in the UK this year.

We were contacted by the club and given options which included a full refund or donating our 2020 membership fees. In return for donating our fees, we were offered all sorts of stuff such as discounts and priority on Test Match and T20 fixtures, upgrades, complementaries and - best of all, perhaps - you get your name on a board in the Members' Long Room as well as a mention in the annual report and in the the annual Handbook.

Sort of makes you feel appreciated and part of the club. We were happy to donate our 2020 fees and sure enough, we've got our Test and T20 tickets at a substantial saving and front of the queue before any other category. And all this sorted, done and dusted before the end of the 2020 cricket season, about three months after the 2019/2020 football season ended.

It hasn't cost the club anything extra, really, but the club has probably been repaid for loyalty and promptness by thousands of members who have donated their 2020 fees.

• Like 1

On 01/12/2020 at 11:31, room0035 said:

If that has happened to people I would check the t's and c's in your last season ticket order as if its not in there I am not sure they are allowed to do it.

But why surely it's a good thing not having to find the money for next season.

• Haha 1

Just now, teddybeararmy said:

My son and his friend still waiting on Ryanair refunds from June 

I'm still waiting for my call from the ticket office 😡

I ended up doing the section 75 claim against Ryanair. Long process but it worked in the end.

9 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

I've mentioned before on here about cricket being light years ahead of football when it comes to looking after the paying public. Since posting, cricket has delivered on its promises.

We're also members of Yorkshire CCC and the refund/donation process was sorted out in the summer when it became clear that no one would be attending cricket matches in the UK this year.

We were contacted by the club and given options which included a full refund or donating our 2020 membership fees. In return for donating our fees, we were offered all sorts of stuff such as discounts and priority on Test Match and T20 fixtures, upgrades, complementaries and - best of all, perhaps - you get your name on a board in the Members' Long Room as well as a mention in the annual report and in the the annual Handbook.

Sort of makes you feel appreciated and part of the club. We were happy to donate our 2020 fees and sure enough, we've got our Test and T20 tickets at a substantial saving and front of the queue before any other category. And all this sorted, done and dusted before the end of the 2020 cricket season, about three months after the 2019/2020 football season ended.

It hasn't cost the club anything extra, really, but the club has probably been repaid for loyalty and promptness by thousands of members who have donated their 2020 fees.

Agree on the cricket. 

A friend of mine's Dad also had a call from Notts Cricket club to ask how he was during the lock down and to see if he needed any help with anything. A lot less fans to call but still, a lovely touch.

• Like 1