Season ticket refund

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

My main issue is that we as fans paid the money,  before all this happened.

The club took the money in good faith and we all knew the club were taking this money up front for sunk costs.

As fans, things didn't change much - what we had spent was what we had spent, and we would have spent it regardess.

I don't get why some are being so precious about not having money back they would not have had back had this virus not occurred. 

Guest Grandad
17 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

I have a serious problem with your response.

The club has a cash flow issue.

If you can't understand that, go back to school.

The club has received a similar sum of money for this season that it always does, bar the odd season ticket holder who didn't take advantage of the early bird, and the (very) few (and dwindling) pay on the day attendees

And has a Chairman with "unlimited funds" (his words)

Guest Grandad
Just now, HarryPlopper said:

The club took the money in good faith and we all knew the club were taking this money up front for sunk costs.

As fans, things didn't change much - what we had spent was what we had spent, and we would have spent it regardess.

I don't get why some are being so precious about not having money back they would not have had back had this virus not occurred. 

The majority of fans just want the money back for LAST SEASON. Not this

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Easiest way to explain it is ‘what if this was a RyanAir flight’

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

The majority of fans just want the money back for LAST SEASON. Not this

A lot of fans are getting precious about having money back they had already budgeted for going out.    My issue is that these fans are now going apeshit crazy wanting it back fast.     They would have watched the games happily but as they haven't they feel aggrieved.    In the main it's not about having money back, because if you can't afford it you wouldn't pay it.    It's about being aggrieved.   

• Haha 1

A lot of fans are getting precious about having money back they had already budgeted for going out.    My issue is that these fans are now going apeshit crazy wanting it back fast.     They would have watched the games happily but as they haven't they feel aggrieved.    In the main it's not about having money back, because if you can't afford it you wouldn't pay it.    It's about being aggrieved.   

Imagine if it was a RyanAir flight tho

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

"Wanting it back fast"?????  your having a laugh aren't you?

• Like 2

The truth is that if the club files for bankruptcy, our claims will. E very last in the list. And with us heading directly for relegation, like a bomb heading for the ground,  going for bankruptcy or administration wouldn’t be a surprising move for the owner. Watch this space. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Aingarth said:

The truth is that if the club files for bankruptcy, our claims will. E very last in the list. And with us heading directly for relegation, like a bomb heading for the ground,  going for bankruptcy or administration wouldn’t be a surprising move for the owner. Watch this space. 

I'm not convinced this isn't an option.

Hence my stance.

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad

Fast?? 

Hahahaha

Had I bought tickets for anything. Flights, gigs, cinema, theatre, sporting events, a stately home, an exhibition. Anything

And I can't attend and it's no fault of my own.

I want my money back. Whether I can afford it or not. Is that unreasonable?

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Fast?? 

Hahahaha

Had I bought tickets for anything. Flights, gigs, cinema, theatre, sporting events, a stately home, an exhibition. Anything

And I can't attend and it's no fault of my own.

I want my money back. Whether I can afford it or not. Is that unreasonable?

No it is not unreasonable.

I don't support ryanair though.    

Supporters have paid up front for something in return - i.e watching games at Hillsborough. It's a basic contract. The fact that some supporters want their money back is understandable. I can't think of any other transaction where a party wouldn't typically want their money back.

Although it's not the clubs fault, SWFC don't appear to be claiming any force majeure clause, so supporters would be entitled to at least a partial refund within  a reasonable time frame.

Each to their own if some supporters don't want a refund.

Actually I think Grandad has hit the nail on the head with his opposing thought to mine.

I am coming at this situation as purely club in mind, some are coming with a thought of personal interest in mind, and others have a middle ground.

I apologise to anyone who genuinely needs the money back for their circumstance, but I urge all else to try to keep it in the club if possible for as long a possible because I genuinely believe the club as a business is a concern.

I hope this makes my position a little clearer.

Actually I think Grandad has hit the nail on the head with his opposing thought to mine.

I am coming at this situation as purely club in mind, some are coming with a thought of personal interest in mind, and others have a middle ground.

I apologise to anyone who genuinely needs the money back for their circumstance, but I urge all else to try to keep it in the club if possible for as long a possible because I genuinely believe the club as a business is a concern.

The club owner is minted

It’s not the ordinary sheffield working mans place to subsidise a billionaire football club owner paying agents and advisors millions of pounds to bring players to the club and pay them millions of pounds 

No chance 

• Like 6

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
8 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

The Chairman is quoted as saying our money "covers nothing"

Well if that's the case, he doesn't need it then

So. Pay it back. I can buy Christmas gifts for the family with my refund

Edited by Grandad