Season ticket refund

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The club owner is minted

It’s not the ordinary sheffield working mans place to subsidise a billionaire football club owner paying agents and advisors millions of pounds to bring players to the club and pay them millions of pounds 

No chance 

I'm not convinced he is minted, or at least inclined to spend to a point we believe he should.

37 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

My main issue is that we as fans paid the money,  before all this happened.

The club took the money in good faith and we all knew the club were taking this money up front for sunk costs.

As fans, things didn't change much - what we had spent was what we had spent, and we would have spent it regardess.

I don't get why some are being so precious about not having money back they would not have had back had this virus not occurred. 

Maybe that's because they would have received what they had paid for.

If you bought a holiday up front but as a result of a pandemic arising unforeseen it wasn't fulfilled, would you happily regard it as a sunk cost? 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe that's because they would have received what they had paid for.

If you bought a holiday up front but as a result of a pandemic arising unforeseen it wasn't fulfilled, would you happily regard it as a sunk cost? 

Again,  a random company doesn't hold my affection - but SWFC does.

37 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

A lot of fans are getting precious about having money back they had already budgeted for going out.    My issue is that these fans are now going apeshit crazy wanting it back fast.     They would have watched the games happily but as they haven't they feel aggrieved.    In the main it's not about having money back, because if you can't afford it you wouldn't pay it.    It's about being aggrieved.   

On the basis of a 12 point deduction, maybe you should make the highlighted statement to the club! 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

On the basis of a 12 point deduction, maybe you should make the highlighted statement to the club! 

As I have said previously. I would have been happy as a supporter to give the 2019-20 and 2020-21 season ticket refund so far to the club. They have not even given me the opportunity to make this decision. I am not after money from the club,  just some basic business approach to this problem.   Nearly all Premier League and Championship clubs have already dealt with this.  

13 hours ago, HarryPlopper said:

My main issue is that we as fans paid the money,  before all this happened.

The club took the money in good faith and we all knew the club were taking this money up front for sunk costs.

As fans, things didn't change much - what we had spent was what we had spent, and we would have spent it regardess.

I don't get why some are being so precious about not having money back they would not have had back had this virus not occurred. 

TVVAT

2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

It's beyond daft now. The club being totally silent on the matter is making it even worse. Why there isn't a statement providing a small update to keep us in the loop I have no idea. 

The truth is people aren't that bothered about it

If they were they'd kick up a stink

But they don't

So they can't be that bothered about it

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

The truth is people aren't that bothered about it

If they were they'd kick up a stink

But they don't

So they can't be that bothered about it

I think if others are like me they are bothered however our hands are sort of tied.

No way is any fan going to go further than implementing a section 75 at most, in which case you may as well just keep on waiting. Legal action isn't going to happen is it as it'd be like suing your family. 

Other than that we are happy for the club to resolve it but the silence is weeing people off. The options are extremely limited other than moaning on here to vent a bit of frustration or take to twitter to rant. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheGaffer said:

I think if others are like me they are bothered however our hands are sort of tied.

No way is any fan going to go further than implementing a section 75 at most, in which case you may as well just keep on waiting. Legal action isn't going to happen is it as it'd be like suing your family. 

Other than that we are happy for the club to resolve it but the silence is weeing people off. The options are extremely limited other than moaning on here to vent a bit of frustration or take to twitter to rant. 

True

Why don't fans just call their credit card supplier and do a chargeback?

Owlstalk Shop

To add to that during this time both my partner and I lost our jobs. Luckily both back IN work now but at times it was getting to the point where next year's season ticket money being sat in the clubs hands was rankling quite significantly. I'm sure others aren't as fortunate and it must be extremely frustrating still

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

True

Why don't fans just call their credit card supplier and do a chargeback?

For me it was to limit any impact on the club. I'm not 100% but I'm guessing credit card companies etc charge for that service, not to the customer but to the provider? Also its partly principle, the club promised, I'd like them to uphold that promise.