Season ticket refund

3 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

For me it was to limit any impact on the club. I'm not 100% but I'm guessing credit card companies etc charge for that service, not to the customer but to the provider? Also its partly principle, the club promised, I'd like them to uphold that promise. 

Sod that

Get it charged back

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

29 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

For me it was to limit any impact on the club. I'm not 100% but I'm guessing credit card companies etc charge for that service, not to the customer but to the provider? Also its partly principle, the club promised, I'd like them to uphold that promise. 

They probably just write it off as a bad transaction rather than chase the Company in question.  You'll probably also get a full-refund, rather than a partial refund also.  

I've done it before, and would have no hesitation to do it again.  Sheffield Wednesday are a business and they are in breach of their contract with you.  No fault of their own as there's a pandemic, but they're in breach by not providing what was paid for.  By law, you are entitled to a refund and they have not refunded it in a timely manner.  

If you don't want your money back, or don't care, then stay silent.  You can  will be classed as #1 fan.

If you do want your money back that you're entitled to, then either write to SWFC with a letter explaining why they are in breach of their contract, that you give them 7 days to reply and if they don't respond, then you will take the action to court.  Or write to your CC company telling them that they are in breach of consumer laws.  

Don't be afraid, SWFC is a multi-million pound business that turns over a profit, one of the worlds most successful multi-billionaires runs it, and the wage of many staff is considerably higher than your meagre earnings.    

• Like 2

Guest Hornsby
6 hours ago, Manwë said:

They probably just write it off as a bad transaction rather than chase the Company in question.  You'll probably also get a full-refund, rather than a partial refund also.  

I've done it before, and would have no hesitation to do it again.  Sheffield Wednesday are a business and they are in breach of their contract with you.  No fault of their own as there's a pandemic, but they're in breach by not providing what was paid for.  By law, you are entitled to a refund and they have not refunded it in a timely manner.  

If you don't want your money back, or don't care, then stay silent.  You can  will be classed as #1 fan.

If you do want your money back that you're entitled to, then either write to SWFC with a letter explaining why they are in breach of their contract, that you give them 7 days to reply and if they don't respond, then you will take the action to court.  Or write to your CC company telling them that they are in breach of consumer laws.  

Don't be afraid, SWFC is a multi-million pound business that turns over a profit, one of the worlds most successful multi-billionaires runs it, and the wage of many staff is considerably higher than your meagre earnings.    

I have used the Small Claims Court a couple of times against big firms abusing power. Both successful.

First, it costs pennies and you can do on'-line and don't need a lawyer.

Plus , if you lose you only pay your own costs, not defendants.

Also, very informal in a meeting room, not formal court.

Cos of all  this, most companies  settle asap as costs more to defend a case than value of claim.

Even if they were to win.

6 hours ago, Manwë said:

Trouble is that's one year out of at least ten years of loss.

BTW I'm not saying people shouldn't get their money back though.

Edited by Hookowl

5 minutes ago, steve simpson said:

A polite question from an old man. Does anyone know how much I should be getting back for 2019/20.

It was a senior ticket in the grandstand.

I may have already had this info, but I can't find it and I need to know how much I am claiming for charge back.

Thanks if you can help.

@Grandad is good with numbers like this - hopefully he can help

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

@Grandad is good with numbers like this - hopefully he can help

I'm not sure tbh

I'd guess it's the season ticket cost divided by 23, times by games missed (5)

Guest Manwithastick
On 02/12/2020 at 10:59, @owlstalk said:

True

Why don't fans just call their credit card supplier and do a chargeback?

On 02/12/2020 at 18:24, @owlstalk said:

I just can't fathom why people aren't just doing chargebacks?

Call your bank, 2 minute call, job done.

Cos I didn’t pay by credit card. 

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Still waiting.

Me too mate. Had a check earlier to see how many emails I have sent the club in the last two months without receiving any reply, or acknowledgement they have received them. 

TWELVE. 

Totally unacceptable 

• Like 2

On 02/12/2020 at 10:53, @owlstalk said:

The truth is people aren't that bothered about it

If they were they'd kick up a stink

But they don't

So they can't be that bothered about it

How can you kick up a stink though?  What power do we have at the minute?

My dad has emailed them a few times.  He got one response early on that didn't really say anything.

People call it out on every social media post the club make.  But the silence is deafening.  Honestly, what can we as fans do?

• Like 2

Just not bothered...

It is quite frankly disgusting.

Since the very first lockdown I have dealt with literally dozens of organisations (as a Self-Employed small business owner) including HMRC, Sheffield Council, BT, British Gas, Camelot and Menzies. Each one of them have been absolutely 1st class and I am very grateful for their help and assistance.

Yet the football club that I love and support (40 consecutive years as a season ticket holder including 15 of them with my wife) and this is the treatment you get, they are a complete shambles from top to bottom and they don't deserve the support they get.

• Like 4