Copper charged

On 13/11/2020 at 13:11, LiamAP22D said:

In your post I quoted. 🙄 another guy thought the same and answered your post too 🙄 

People make comments on here with no knowledge of anyone they're talking to at all, its funny.

Your the kind of person that, if you knew what my career was you'd have more hate for me than this Copper for sure.

Parking warden?

Mobile Speed Camera Operator?

Or one of them call centre c.unts trying to sell you s.hite. If I want it I’ll go get it myself, now f.uck off and die.

lol 

• Haha 2

On 13/11/2020 at 14:11, LiamAP22D said:

In your post I quoted. 🙄 another guy thought the same and answered your post too 🙄 

People make comments on here with no knowledge of anyone they're talking to at all, its funny.

Your the kind of person that, if you knew what my career was you'd have more hate for me than this Copper for sure.

SAG? 

Lawyer?

Labour party fundraiser? 

• Haha 3

Dominic Cummings?

Paxo?

On 14/11/2020 at 14:48, Inspector Lestrade said:

Found this Q&A 

I don’t have recorded consent for everyone I’ve ever taken photographs of. Should I be reaching out to get this retrospectively?

Oh that sounds like so much fun.

I’m sure you have better things to do - like earning a living!

Under the strictest letter of the law - maybe. But what do you think will happen if you don’t? Probably nothing!

If someone complains that you’re using an image of them on your website without their consent, just remove it. If they report you to the ICO, the worst that will happen is that someone will get in touch and ask you if you need any help becoming compliant with respect to the photographs you take.

The best thing you can do is protect yourself going forwards with consent to use images.

And don’t forget, there is scope to say that it’s impossible for you to run your business without being able to use the photographs you take of clients in your marketing. That old ‘legitimate interests’ chestnut again…

What about the ‘right to be forgotten’? Can a past client revoke consent and demand that I delete stored photographs of them?

They can try but deleting your intellectual property and your art is very different from deleting someone’s name and email address from your files, isn’t it?  it’s likely that you could cite legitimate interests as a basis to refuse that demand.

And honestly, how likely is this to happen?

What about taking photographs in public places - do I need clear consent from anyone who might appear in my photographs?

No. This is still ok within reason.

Using your common sense is essential here. If you’re going to capture and share controversial images or images that might cause offence to the people in them, you are leaving yourself open to hassle. Just be sensible.

I take photographs at large sporting events etc - do I need consent from everyone who might appear in my photographs?

I watched a great live video from lawyer, Suzanne Dibble on this. You should most definitely join her fantastic GDPR Facebook group by the way.

When people attend an event like this do they reasonably expect a photographer to be present?

Will the photographs have minimal privacy impact on the individuals at the event?

If the answer to these questions is, yes, then you should be able to use legitimate interests as a basis to go ahead without consent.

If you want to be uber cautious then simply put up some posters asking people to make themselves known to you if they do not want to be photographed. Personally, I’d assess the risk and plough ahead without that hassle.

If you’re taking photographs of people looking happy and enjoying the event then 99.99999% of people will have zero issue with these photographs being taken and shared. And if someone does get in touch with a concern and asks for a photograph to be removed. Just remove it.

However, if you’re taking photographs of passionate encounters or little old ladies with their skirts tucked into their knickers and sharing them online then you’re leaving yourself open to a complaint (and shame on you!).

What about private events like weddings? Do I have to get consent from everyone who attends to be able to photograph them and use those photographs?

Let’s get real. Exactly how on earth can you be expected to do that before, during or after a wedding?!

When people attend a wedding, do they reasonably expect a photographer to be present?

Will the photographs have minimal privacy impact on the guests at the wedding?

If the answer is yes - then you can use legitimate interests as a basis to capture, store and use those images.

Just make sure you have the consent we mentioned above from your client. It’s a good idea to ask your bride and groom to make it clear to guests that there will be a photographer capturing their day and if any of their guests do not wish to be photographed or do not wish to appear in any of the photographs online then they should make themselves known to you.

Remember, you have a contract with your bride and groom to fulfil. That should be your number one priority.

It’s worth mentioning again that using common sense is the way forward. Sharing images of drunk guests in compromising situations online is an open invitation to complaints. Sharing great photographs of the bride and groom and their guests looking like they’re having a blast is not going to land you in any trouble. And if someone reaches out and asks you to remove a certain photograph from your blog post for whatever reason, just do it.

Who is this Q&A between?

The source of the data and who is providing the advice will have an impact on how valid this is. 

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Why can't you say?

One of his early posts from when he signed up stated he was out of the country for 8 months a year, that was in 2017, maybe he was a scout for us at that time and oversaw the signings of Pelupessy and Van Aken, you wouldn't readily admit to that would you? 😂 

Legal Aid Agency

21 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

One of his early posts from when he signed up stated he was out of the country for 8 months a year, that was in 2017, maybe he was a scout for us at that time and oversaw the signings of Pelupessy and Van Aken, you wouldn't readily admit to that would you? 😂 

How the hell do you remember this lol 

Apologies for Van Aken guys. buck stops with me lol

Edited by LiamAP22D