Copper charged

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This ^

Apart from this appalling incident, the SYP behave despicably towards football fans. If they behaved like this towards any other section of society they would be (rightly) in trouble.  I know a minority of fans cause trouble and act badly but to treat everyone of every age as though they are about to commit a crime is disgraceful.  Filming innocent people coming out of Hillsborough and refusing to say why, then treating the questioner with disdain is terrible. 

They have every right to film whoever they want in public, as you do.  

Basically if you can see it you can film it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Criminalising the entire population by filming everything they do and guilty until proven innocent isn't policing by consent which is allegedly what the police in Britain are . Neither is it what happens in a free country . Its the kind of thing we believed only happened in communist and corrupt countries in the eighties and nineties.  Now we don't even raise an eyebrow at being filmed constantly . 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cross owl said:

Criminalising the entire population by filming everything they do and guilty until proven innocent isn't policing by consent which is allegedly what the police in Britain are . Neither is it what happens in a free country . Its the kind of thing we believed only happened in communist and corrupt countries in the eighties and nineties.  Now we don't even raise an eyebrow at being filmed constantly . 

How are they criminalising the public?  Banning the taking of photos etc is what happens in communist and corrupt countries can you imagine the outcry if the government stopped people (Whoever they are) from taking photos? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This ^

Apart from this appalling incident, the SYP behave despicably towards football fans. If they behaved like this towards any other section of society they would be (rightly) in trouble.  I know a minority of fans cause trouble and act badly but to treat everyone of every age as though they are about to commit a crime is disgraceful.  Filming innocent people coming out of Hillsborough and refusing to say why, then treating the questioner with disdain is terrible. 

I have never minded being filmed, but i've seen the way those questioning it have been treated.   Sadly the ones questioning it are usually tanked up and haven't done it very eloquently though.

The police aren't breaking any laws doing this and i've only ever seen it antagonise people, but I don't get why they do it at the locations they do - any trouble i've seen has always been a bit further away from the ground.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How are they criminalising the public?  Banning the taking of photos etc is what happens in communist and corrupt countries can you imagine the outcry if the government stopped people (Whoever they are) from taking photos? 

And putting people going about their lawful business under twenty four / seven videoed scrutiny so they can go for every misdemeanor is also what happens in communist countries . 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Equally the general public have every right to film the plod in public places. 

• Like 1

And its the right of everyone to film. Would you deny that right to people?

And its the right of everyone to film. Would you deny that right to people?

And the right of people to be able to go about their lives not being filmed and potentially distributed by anyone who pleases means nothing?