Copper charged

14 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

If he gets convicted he's looking at a 2 stretch minimum

I know someone that hit a guy with a glass, section 18 - wounding with intent. 

He got 8 month's and actually served 8 weeks.

Not saying that's what the guy will get but it's just a case for the same thing, that I know of.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, morganowl said:

could easily have been a murder charge . been hit on back of the head at such force with a weapon could easily have resulted in that lad been murdered that day. sypolice are a disgrace , treat people right and watch how they behave better .

murder lol 

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

Has he been on sick leave since the incident?

Hes been on restricted duties..he might now be suspended on full pay since hes been charged

58 minutes ago, LiamAP22D said:

I know someone that hit a guy with a glass, section 18 - wounding with intent. 

He got 8 month's and actually served 8 weeks.

Not saying that's what the guy will get but it's just a case for the same thing, that I know of.

The maximum sentence for section 20 is five years’ imprisonment. For section 18 it is life imprisonment. Intent may often be a trial issue where section 18 is charged, and will often rely on inference, but proof by inference is proof nonetheless, and where there is sufficient evidence for a jury to be sure of this intention this should be left to a jury

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

What's funny about that?

I assume the comment was in relation to saying it would be murder. If the youth had of died from his injuries I don’t think it would be classed as murder. Manslaughter yes, but the Police officer didn’t hit him with the intention of killing him.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cross owl said:

Criminalising the entire population by filming everything they do and guilty until proven innocent isn't policing by consent which is allegedly what the police in Britain are . Neither is it what happens in a free country . Its the kind of thing we believed only happened in communist and corrupt countries in the eighties and nineties.  Now we don't even raise an eyebrow at being filmed constantly . 

Film me all day if they want. I don’t break the law and if filming helps keep the peace and catch criminals I’m all for it. Crack on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

I assume the comment was in relation to saying it would be murder. If the youth had of died from his injuries I don’t think it would be classed as murder. Manslaughter yes, but the Police officer didn’t hit him with the intention of killing him.

Ah I see.

Well I'm glad this thread has caused him some amusement.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Police officer didn’t hit him with the intention of killing him.

A jury might see if differently.

Taking the police out of this for a moment, why would a person rush in and hit anyone over the head with an object that is designed to hurt?     

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Taking the police out of this for a moment, why would a person rush in and hit anyone over the head with an object that is designed to hurt?     

I have no idea what a jury would think, but thankfully there wasn’t a fatality in this incident.

19 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Yep Correct. the only thing funny was markowls 'its murder' comment lol 

20 minutes ago, Manwë said:

But it's the CPS that decide what your going to be charged with.

9 minutes ago, markowl said:

I didn't say "it's murder". Probably a good job you're not a copper with that level of investigation...

lol You implied if the lad had died it would have been murder.

Police have a difficult job, but mine was far more difficult.