The Methods of Tony Pulis

57 minutes ago, striker said:

What poo? 

We're one win from safety. If we think we need this clown to gain us 3 points  on the teams above us over the course of 30+ games that's pure fantasy. 

It's a desperate appointment driven by Paxo. DC's been sold down the river again. I would have sympathy for him, but I cant be arsed, he shall reap what he sows. This will only alienate more fans.

Why is it pure fantasy ?? 
The guys record is better than most of the clowns we’ve had before. Include this clown that’s just gone! 
It won’t alienate me and from what I’ve seen there’s more than me. 
Long term for me no though as above. 

• Like 1

Pulis is the most hated Bristol City manager in the past 40 years. Even now he still gets mentioned as such.

His method of play is dour just like his persona. The Boro fans absolutely loathed him just as we did. You guys could do far better than him. 

He signs lots of tall players, Flint was one and serves up typical football to serve those strengths. 

If he joins you it won’t be long before you want rid of him. I’ll give it until the end of the season.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Alan Robinson said:

Pulis is the most hated Bristol City manager in the past 40 years. Even now he still gets mentioned as such.

His method of play is dour just like his persona. The Boro fans absolutely loathed him just as we did. You guys could do far better than him. 

He signs lots of tall players, Flint was one and serves up typical football to serve those strengths. 

If he joins you it won’t be long before you want rid of him. I’ll give it until the end of the season.

Thanks mate - good overview from someone who's experienced it

I dont' think our fans understand what's coming their way

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Great, I really can’t wait. 

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The last bit is the giveaway. 
Until the end of the season 

Not My first choice either but is what it is by the looks of it. 

2 hours ago, thesouthowl said:

My Gillingham mates love Pullis, they reckon they would have him back like a shot and played decent football. Mind you they do support Gillingham so their bar is low! 

They probably say the same about you

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Good summary, I don't want him anywhere near the club in the first place. An embarrassment of an appointment if it happens. 

If you're reading this Tony, why don't you just fizz off back to Soccer Saturday on Sky, you're not wanted here. 

If you're minions are reading this DC, WTF are you thinking?

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

They don’t, they really don’t.  Pulis is dreadful. It’s amazing that he continues to find employment. It’s remarkable, really remarkable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slinger208b said:

Excerpt from POSITIVE ATTACKING PLAY;

”Any coach who runs this session will be guaranteed to see their players making plenty of crosses, taking all kinds of shots and scoring lots of goals.”

Simple this coaching malarkey ...

That’s how it should be, simple.

3 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

Here we have it from someone that has experienced his management first hand. 

1 minute ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Monk was dodgy too - Pulis kept them up and left 15 days before he was allowed to - so what - he kept them up which was what the bonus was for and then left 25 days earlier- WOW 

""By any standards his conduct [prior to and during the litigation] has been shown to be disgraceful," the panel said."

By all accounts Pulis has had to be persuaded to come here.

We're in the bottom three, and we're fielding a wretched team on the pitch.

We're crippled in the transfer market and we've got Chansiri as chairman.

I mean, managers must be absolutely queuing up for the job.

Someone on here mentioned Wenger yesterday.

Howe wouldn't take this job; he'd want a PL team or at the very least a parachute one.

And if, by some miracle, he did come here we'd be bricking it every time a PL manager lost his job.

Looking at Pulis' record, it will be a coup to land him.

Some on here would prefer so-and-so who's doing well at Torquay, or an ex-PL star looking for his first job.

When you're as crap as we are you need a safe pair of hands who knows every trick in the book and a few more besides.

• Like 1