The Methods of Tony Pulis

Guest Hornsby
6 minutes ago, Pieman said:

The Telegraph article is a good read, as his stats.

But look at those senior players at WBA.

Compare with our losers.

DC protecting his investment I guess. By getting rid of Monk who is a bit like Pulis lite with a bit of technical stuff thrown in. Replacing with full fat Pulis.

Having remembered the anguish of Boro fans with him in charge I am quite gutted about this. But perhaps he is closer to Bruce as an experienced hand and man manager. Bruce was particularly good at saying the right things, not so sure about Pulis!

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

DC protecting his investment I guess. By getting rid of Monk who is a bit like Pulis lite with a bit of technical stuff thrown in. Replacing with full fat Pulis.

Having remembered the anguish of Boro fans with him in charge I am quite gutted about this. But perhaps he is closer to Bruce as an experienced hand and man manager. Bruce was particularly good at saying the right things, not so sure about Pulis!

Bruce has the man management skills. I worry that Pulis is not only full fat, but also full on stubborn.

49 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Well he's won over immediately based on the Elite Soccer training drills. Attacking throw ins, ours are abysmal, supporting the striker, ours are always isolated, mastering midfield, let's hope that is a change from passing to the centre half then doing a pirouette on the ball, positive attacking play, we don't score enough goals, scoring from crosses, well what more can you say. Get him in.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, edwinowl said:

It’s just till the end of this season. 
Shot  to nothing to get us out of this poo . 
Id have preferred Cooke or Pearson but let’s just get on with it. 

What poo? 

We're one win from safety. If we think we need this clown to gain us 3 points  on the teams above us over the course of 30+ games that's pure fantasy. 

It's a desperate appointment driven by Paxo. DC's been sold down the river again. I would have sympathy for him, but I cant be arsed, he shall reap what he sows. This will only alienate more fans.

1 hour ago, Anthndav said:

Excerpt from POSITIVE ATTACKING PLAY;

”Any coach who runs this session will be guaranteed to see their players making plenty of crosses, taking all kinds of shots and scoring lots of goals.”

Simple this coaching malarkey ...

• Haha 1