If Monk Left, who would replace him with?

If Monk left  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your realistic replacement?

• Nigel Pearson
    • Cowley Brothers
    • Ryan Lowe
    • Richie Wellens
    • Tony Pulis
    • Gary Megson
    • Nigel Clough
    • Darren Ferguson
    • Paul Cook
    • Other

Paul Cook is the man for me, until he loses two in a row, and then I will be saying we he's a poor man manager and the job is too big for him and we should have gone for Pearson instead.  

• Haha 1

I’d like to see Ryan Lowe get the gig. In every season he’s been in management he has had a team up the right end of the table. He’s managing in League 1 now and Plymouth are up there. He’s under contract so we probably wouldn’t go for him but I believe he would get the time from the fans as well as the Chairman and I genuinely think he will be better for us than Wilder has been for United.

I think Cook or Johnson would probably get it but I think Lage would be given serious consideration given his Carlos links and I think the Chairman hankers for those days back so he’d be well in the frame. 

Sadly I think Monk will be given the time to take us down as whatever he whispers into Chansiri’s ear as got the Chairman in a trance?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah

And

Gary Megson
BIg Sam
BIg Mick
Big Ron

Big Sheridan
Big Waddle
Big Warnock

etc etc

Might as well go the whole unoriginal, predictable cliche hog

I think everyone knows you are in the pro monk camp, to be fair same as me until wednesday night and also like me you seem to be anti the usual merry-go-round of the usual suspects

So if the situation was to change Monday for what ever reason who would be on your list and who would you like to see in the job (other than Monk of course) 

Genuine question 

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Might as well give the job to Steve Bracknell then

Unlikely to do much worse than 1 home win from 16 games and 25 points from 31 games. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The choices offered in the poll aren't realistic 

You think Nigel Clough would turn us down? If these aren't options, who is? I know we're not exactly Man City, but if Nigel Clough and Richie Wellens are turning us down then we are probably in League One already

Here's what I don't understand

And let's be honest here..

Every single person currently shouting for Paul Cook was shouting for The Cowley Brothers a few months ago, telling us what a great job they've done, how they'd be great at Sheffield Wednesday FC

Over and over we saw posts shouting for The Cowley Brothers to come

Why aren't you all shouting for The Cowley brothers NOW?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Tony Pulis said:

You think Nigel Clough would turn us down? If these aren't options, who is? I know we're not exactly Man City, but if Nigel Clough and Richie Wellens are turning us down then we are probably in League One already

Why would we want them?   The very first manager you offer says he won't manage us, so why give the option?

Just now, A12owl said:

Why aren't you giving us your opinion?

It would just be good to know. 

Here's what I don't understand

And let's be honest here..

Every single person currently shouting for Paul Cook was shouting for The Cowley Brothers a few months ago

Why aren't you all shouting for The Cowley brothers NOW?

Owlstalk Shop