If Monk Left, who would replace him with?

If Monk left  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your realistic replacement?

• Nigel Pearson
    • Cowley Brothers
    • Ryan Lowe
    • Richie Wellens
    • Tony Pulis
    • Gary Megson
    • Nigel Clough
    • Darren Ferguson
    • Paul Cook
    • Other

Gareth Ainsworth?

I'm not sure I would want him and I am quite sure he is too sensible to come, but I am surprised he doesn't get a mention. 

Of course if we win on Saturday and get the reaction GM wants then all this talk will subside. If we lose then people might start to notice Ainsworth.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why aren't you all shouting for The Cowley brothers NOW?

I was shouting for the Cowley's a year ago and I voted for them in this pole. Right now though I am not quite ready to fire Monk. If that changes then I will be shouting for the Cowleys again.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, George said:

I was shouting for the Cowley's a year ago and I voted for them in this pole. Right now though I am not quite ready to fire Monk. If that changes then I will be shouting for the Cowleys again.

Danny Cowley is too busy coaching his daughters under 12 team to come here lol

• Haha 1

I get the impression the Cowleys were sold a bit of a dud at Huddersfield. Promised things and then the new (ex agent) owner wanted full reign on transfers and a head coach rather than a manager. Seeing as we're closer to Lincoln nowadays than we are Huddersfield it still wouldnt be a bad appointment, but more importantly our dictator style ownership probably makes it undesirable to them and most people on that list. There won't be (m)any managers on that list that'd take over the team rock bottom in the championship with a one paced side and minimal wiggle room financially or free reign to change it

• Thanks 1

Didn't want the Cowleys then and don't want them now. Job is too big for them

We are getting towards the firefighting stage where it is going to take an experienced head to get us out of the mess

Of those available we are probably looking at Dingle Mick or maybe Pulis. Both play football that make your eyes bleed but in the situation we find ourselves in beggars can't be choosers

Cook is another option but if he comes in then that immediately causes an issue with Windass. Not ideal

If we do go down then maybe go down the route of an up and coming manager. That potentially opens the door for Barton, Lowe, Wellens etc All of whom have performed well over the last 12-18 months

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's what I don't understand

And let's be honest here..

Every single person currently shouting for Paul Cook was shouting for The Cowley Brothers a few months ago, telling us what a great job they've done, how they'd be great at Sheffield Wednesday FC

Over and over we saw posts shouting for The Cowley Brothers to come

Go back through my posts if you want, absolutely no interest in the Cowley brothers at any point from me. Cook has worked with bigger clubs than the Cowleys and has had success at a higher level. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Go back through my posts if you want, absolutely no interest in the Cowley brothers at any point from me. Cook has worked with bigger clubs than the Cowleys and has had success at a higher level. 

He's never once finished above mid-table in the Championship

Not once

Ever

Owlstalk Shop

52 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no WAY Paul Cook will be available

If he's that good there's no way he will be out of work

Clubs will have fallen over themselves to sign him up as their manager

Oh.....

Chris Hughton was out of work for 17 months until a couple of weeks ago.

He must be RUBBISH 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's never once finished above mid-table in the Championship

Not once

Ever

Nor had Wilder, worked out OK for him. 

Neil Warnock had never done so before getting Notts County promoted into the top flight. 

Your arguments are somewhat strange and flawed but keep posting the same thing and ignoring any replies.........

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every single person currently shouting for Paul Cook was shouting for The Cowley Brothers a few months ago, telling us what a great job they've done, how they'd be great at Sheffield Wednesday FC

Over and over we saw posts shouting for The Cowley Brothers to come

I'd be happy if we employed them.

I wanted them instead of Monk. 

But it is a good question you ask. Us fans change our tune like the wind. 

It's part of the fun though right? 

• Love 1

Guest Therealrealist
19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Every single person currently shouting for Paul Cook was shouting for The Cowley Brothers a few months ago

Chansiris lad interviewed the cowley brothers and deemed them not worthy of the gig..so let’s leave it at that

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Nor had Wilder, worked out OK for him. 

Neil Warnock had never done so before getting Notts County promoted into the top flight. 

Your arguments are somewhat strange and flawed but keep posting the same thing and ignoring any replies.........

So basically you're saying don't go for any top managers, but go for managers from lower leagues who have never succeeded in the Championship, who have never managed egos, wagebills, or budgets or expectations like we have here?

Ok then mate

Sounds sensible 👍

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

I'd be happy if we employed them.

I wanted them instead of Monk. 

But it is a good question you ask. Us fans change our tune like the wind. 

It's part of the fun though right? 

It is!

I was just curious as to how many fans would be honest, hold their hands up and say 'yeah I was shouting for the Cowleys because everyone else was, but now am shouting for Paul Cook because everyone else is'

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop