If Monk Left, who would replace him with?

If Monk left  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your realistic replacement?

• Nigel Pearson
    • Cowley Brothers
    • Ryan Lowe
    • Richie Wellens
    • Tony Pulis
    • Gary Megson
    • Nigel Clough
    • Darren Ferguson
    • Paul Cook
    • Other

44 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

So not only are you proposing to hire the most recent manager in world football to fail the exact requirement we have this season , you compound it as he has already fallen out with our top goal scorer before he arrives.

I'll repeat:

In 2020, Paul Cook averaged 1.86 points per game as Wigan manager.

In 2020, Garry Monk has averaged 0.86 points per game as Wednesday manager.

If the fact that Monk kept Birmingham up two seasons ago with nine points deducted is more important to you than the above then fair enough - but I disagree.

• Love 1

Well having watched that first half I have Bernese mountain dog, which are widely accepted as being the most most loving but stupid breed of dog known to man, and I think he could do a better job than monkey

• Like 1

Holy poo - anyone who believes any of the managers on that list would want the Wednesday job are deluded!

we are a seriously unattractive prospect. The squad is unbalanced, appears to be poorly motivated and anyone coming here would inherit a team that looks highly likely to be relegated. Not only that but we will sell a good chunk of the current players once we get relegated.

I’d keep Monk until:

a) relegation is mathematically certain (or almost certain), then get rid where we can pitch the Brief to prepare for next season in league one with promotion back to the championship as the ambition.

or

b) If he keeps us up from here Monk deserves a run at the playoffs next year (as he will need near playoff form from this point to keep us up.....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1