Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

Guest wilyfox
Just now, @owlstalk said:

We only got a 12 point deduction in the first place because of Chansiri

OMFG! You’re like the energiser bunny beating that fookín drum.

Bet you’re enjoying this though.. lol

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

OMFG! You’re like the energiser bunny beating that fookín drum. 

It's the truth though

Not sure why you keep deflecting away from the truth when it's shown to you

The truth that CHANSIRI and ONLY Chansiri got us in this 12 point deduction this season is like sunlight to your Dracula

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's the truth though

Not sure why you keep deflecting away from the truth when it's shown to you

The truth that CHANSIRI and ONLY Chansiri got us in this 12 point deduction this season is like sunlight to your Dracula

lol

The highlighted part is where it goes wrong for you.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone thinking this should never ever watch/read/listen to any press conferences and then comment on them

Anyone who believes that should not really have any interest in football as they have no understanding of the game. It has and always will be a results based business.Success is measured by what happens on the field not what a clown says at a press conference.  If someone doesn't understand that basic they really shouldn't comment.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Anyone who believes that should not really have any interest in football as they have no understanding of the game. It has and always will be a results based business.Success is measured by what happens on the field not what a clown says at a press conference.  If someone doesn't understand that basic they really shouldn't comment.

I have no idea what any of that was supposed to mean and judging by the way it was composed I'd put forward the suggestion that neither did the author

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

It couldn’t be more simple.

Wily is saying the deduction is Chansiri/how the club was/is runs fault.

He is also saying if we hadn’t been so god awful the second half of last season and just got a few more essential points. Then the deduction would have been applied last season.

Meaning we would have started this season on 0 points with everybody else rather than -12. The points deduction being this season and not added last season lays at the door of the owner, Monk and the players.

Am I missing something here, did I misunderstand at the time.  I thought the EFL wanted to relegate us and make an example, they delayed because we were doing so well before Xmas and sidetracked themselves with the personal charges, once we started to fail it got too late to arrange the deduction so monk doing well delayed the -12, not him doing poo after Xmas, may be wrong, someone on here will know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Next you'll say because he once used a hammer to do some DIY when he was 22, he is to blame for everything Sutcliffe did

...he probably tried but missed.

The handle was not secured to the head and he ended up putting his neighbours windows through...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Well, i wanted Monk to have a chance and he got one. However, if we lose to Wycombe, that will be 3 defeats in a week to arguably the 3 worst teams in the division (excluding us). Not sure how his tenure could continue after that. Mind you, this is DC we are talking about. 

Seen nothing in last 2 years that suggests DC is remotely interested

• Like 1

Well bucking the trend here a bit, as a Presscon goes it is what you would expect certainly, but nothing wrong with it.

He accepts we were poo and apologises, knows it was bad and unacceptable and takes responsibility.  I know actions speak louder than words, but in a presser words is all you have.

Also, unless he has Dr. Who's phone number, the only game he can attempt to put it right is the next one, so he and the team will be working hard to make that happen, they cannot do anything else, other than throw the towel in, and that ain't gonna happen.

We made an OK start and made inroads into the minus 12, but have hit a very bad patch and the injuries and sending offs have made an impact.  I do believe that if Lees hadn't gone off v QPR we would have seen that one out.  The only games I am really upset about are the last two, but they are gone now, always the next one.  Can't see DC ousting Monk any time soon so wont waste any time on it. 

As the Boss man says, if you don't rate the Pressy and know what will be said and know it will wind you up, give it a miss.  Although I do believe some can't wait for it as it gives another opportunity to have a go!

Forwards and onwards UTO

• Haha 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

4 hours ago, 0114 said:

Monk on the challenge

“It has been a disappointing week for us for sure and none of us are happy about that.

"We get a chance to put it right and that is what we are focused on. We have to dust ourselves down and realise what we have done wrong in the last two games.“

Monk’s apology

“I’m not happy with my overall record. I want it to be a lot better than what it has been.

Performances were very good up to the Birmingham game. We are very unhappy with the last two performances.

We apologise for what happened in the local derby. 

We get a chance to put it right at the weekend.”

Will Monk change formation?

“I always look at perspective. I don’t go with emotion.

We have faced some disruption in the last three games with players going off with injuries and being sent off.

We had a settled defensive line going up to Birmingham and we were producing clean sheets and getting points.

Perspective from my point of view is needed.

This is not Championship Manager. You don’t just change something because it is off a whim.“

Injury updated

“Izzy Brown has trained all week and so has Dom Iorfa. We will have a look at him next week.

We don’t know how serious Aden’s injury is.

Massimo is still out.”

Will he make a change in goal?

“I have to make decisions and whatever I feel is right for the team.“

Monk’s message to the fans

“I want to try and put in a place they can be proud of. We’ve had a bad week. I’m not overall happy with my record. It is my responsibility. No one wants to make it work more than me.“

Monk on Wycombe

“We will get a chance to put it right and that’s where the focus needs to be. We know it’s going to be difficult and tough.

We have made steps forward with the culture and we will continue that way.

I’ve never had a record like this. I would love for it to be better.

This team deserves to be judged on this season. Up until the Birmingham game, everyone was saying it was a positive start.

I am encouraging these players to fight back.”

Monk on turning things around

“We are going to have to fight and look after each other.

I’m sure everyone was proud up to the Birmingham game and people were pleased with the progress.

We are trying to prepare as hard as we can for the weekend.

If we get the next three games right, it’s back to a positive. 

We know what we are capable of. We have had a bad week and we are hugely disappointed with it.

We are not looking too far ahead. Of course, we believe we can do it.”

Izzy Brown

“He has been back out on the grass for a good 10 days. 

We are judging it on where he is fitness wise. He has had no problem with it flaring back up and we are hopeful he will be in contention for the weekend.”

Monk on team selection

“All the way up to Birmingham, we had clean sheets and were defensively solid but we have not had that this week. The performances have been below-par. 

I will always try and make the right decision for the team.”

Perspective 

“You can’t go through a whole season without having a few bad games but with our situation it is magnified a lot more. 

The two performances were well below what we are expected.

I don’t care about the negatives. I try and learn from them but it is about moving forward and trying to put things right.

I am confident in the players and I know they can do it. The belief needs to be there.”

As much as I want Monk to succeed, I just cannot see it.

• Thanks 2