Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wycombe could be spending all week working on shooting from distance and then running in to tap in the (inevitable) push out by Dawson

It could form their entire approach to the game (and would be if I was their manager)

Why on earth would Monk give away his team selection to the opposition?

Come on now... let's stop being silly

To be fair. The team kind of picks itself now due to the amount of injuries we have

• Like 1

DC has supported his manager as much as could reasonably be expected and beyond. He has ploughed millions into the club and still is. It's a great pity that his judgement has been so flawed over his tenure and that after spending such a colossal sum we have actually gone backwards since he took over. DC is well intentioned just not well informed. Monk needs to go.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

We apologise for what happened in the local derby. 

Will Monk change formation?

“I always look at perspective. I don’t go with emotion.

Will he make a change in goal?

“I have to make decisions and whatever I feel is right for the team.“

This team deserves to be judged on this season. 

If we get the next three games right, it’s back to a positive. 

We are not looking too far ahead. Of course, we believe we can do it.”

Some snippets I took from it. 

Most people don't care about losing the "local derby" we care about how we lost and losing multiple games.

It's gonna be 3-5-2 again isn't it. So what's that Odubajo, Palmer and Borner then. I'd rather go 4 at the back with Odubajo, Palmer, Borner and Penney.

I wished you did go with emotion.

Pity Westwood or another experienced GK was right for the team then.

Ok then. We've played 8, won 2, drawn two and lost 4. Scored 5 conceded 9. We currently sit at the bottom of the table, 9 points off safety. We've lost are last 3 games, probably 4 tomorrow. We've only scored in 4 games, 3 games with 1 goal and 1 game with 2 goals. I could go on, other people have mentioned them.

I very much doubt that, we be lucky to get 1 win at the moment and you just said what you weren't going to do.

Like others have said reading that has made me angry, he's arrogant and it's all an insult to the fans intelligence. I found that he always mentioned the team, but never himself. Like he's not to blame. Anyway take a shot every time he says Birmingham, he loves them. 

:duntmatter:Me

What annoys me is the part where he says we have a chance to put it right Saturday. 

No we don’t. We’ve just lost to huge 6 pointer fixtures. You can’t put that right with 1 win over a god awful side rooted to the bottom and are going down. 

Then he talks about performances being good, they weren’t. Average at best springs to mind. We have a team void of any creativity and goal threat and that’s been evident all season.

Then he talks about a bad week. It’s been possibly the worst 10 months I’ve known as a Wednesday fan and we’ve know plenty of bad times. The last 31 games we are on course for 28 points over a season. Not a small sample but 2/3rds of a season. F*cking 28 points!!!!

I think I’d take almost anyone as manager if we could get him out today. It’s just constant lies and bullsh*t.

I’m sure some managers don’t know about technology, that we can watch ever minute of every game, or YouTube, sky and other channels have long highlights, or social media and comprehensive match reports. You can’t just lie and only the fans in the stadium know you’re talking crap. It’s under a microscope now.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I am sorry all managers to me talk drivel. I never listen pre match or post match.

The only manager who was entertaining to listen  was nutty Carlos, always good for some surreal bizarre analogy.

Win games and keep stun is the best approach.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

IRONY ALERT

The irony is that we have fans in this thread posting the most predictable stuff, saying the same stuff over and over and over again that ALWAYS gets posted after press conferences when results aren't going well - all saying that the manager is saying the predictable stuff, or saying the same stuff over and over and over again and what always gets said in press conferences when results aren't going well

The irony alert is that my comment was a joke with what you said. Chill out a bit/take a break, you're becoming the exact thing that you're morning about. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thank you. You do get a bit entangled (Is probably the best word.) sometimes. I sometimes and probably other people find it hard to judge where you stand. 

Where I stand is totally irrelevant. 

Always has been

Always will be

I'm just a fan

It's not for ME to say I'm a god. That's not for me to say

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

IRONY ALERT

The irony is that we have fans in this thread posting the most predictable stuff, saying the same stuff over and over and over again that ALWAYS gets posted after press conferences when results aren't going well - all saying that the manager is saying the predictable stuff, or saying the same stuff over and over and over again and what always gets said in press conferences when results aren't going well

Is the irony not you posting the most predictable stuff day in day out, saying the same stuff over and over defending Monk?

Then when he gets to the point of being practically indefensible you then pick on and have a go at other posters.

That’s how it seems to me and any friends that mention this site.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, jonesy87shef said:

Is the irony not you posting the most predictable stuff day in day out, saying the same stuff over and over defending Monk?

Then when he gets to the point of being practically indefensible you then pick on and have a go at other posters.

That’s how it seems to me and any friends that mention this site.

Another one who feels the need to tell us what his friends think/do

lol

Owlstalk Shop

As much as I’ve lost faith in Monks ability to turn us around, why do folk lose their sh*t about what managers say in these interviews? He’s not going to rip into Dawson like one of the rabid twitter bullies. He’s not going to call out individual players and roast them in-front of the media. It’s not his style, and no matter how much folk moan that’s not going to change.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

As much as I’ve lost faith in Monks ability to turn us around, why do folk lose their sh*t about what managers say in these interviews? He’s not going to rip into Dawson like one of the rabid twitter bullies. He’s not going to call out individual players and roast them in-front of the media. It’s not his style, and no matter how much folk moan that’s not going to change.

lol

Exactly

It's so bizarre watching people meltdown after these press conferences

So strange

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another one who feels the need to tell us what his friends think/do

lol

Out of the whole post that’s the bit you take from it.

I explained what I think and others too. I’ll leave it at that because the other things that have been said wouldn’t make for nice reading and would no doubt end in a ban from here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1