Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wycombe could be spending all week working on shooting from distance and then running in to tap in the (inevitable) push out by Dawson

It could form their entire approach to the game (and would be if I was their manager)

Why on earth would Monk give away his team selection to the opposition?

Come on now... let's stop being silly

Haha..or working on forcing the crab manoeuvre. UTO.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

MESSAGE TO ALL WEDNESDAY FANS

If you are just going to post stuff like 'says the same thing every time' or 'we've heard it all before' - Press Conferences are NOT for you

Please don't listen to them, read them or watch them

Thanks

I’d absolutely love repetitive press conferences if they went like this......

”The boys were outstanding last time out and bagged a well deserved three points. We are confident of more of the same tomorrow afternoon” 

and repeat....... lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gizzit said:

A win against wycombe is not the be all and end all.

The next half dozen or so games wont be easy and i doubt we will pick up many points from them.

I imagine any win at the moment will be a huge boost.

We've had this kind of weakness and fragility for too long though - which is worrying given the amount of new players we have brought in.  The problem at the moment is that the players who are playing arent really the new ones...

• Thanks 1

He’s had far too many pressers and should have had his last many games and months ago.

Plays and sets up for winning 1-0 and fails miserably time after time.

It’s a travesty he’s still having pressers.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

As much as I’ve lost faith in Monks ability to turn us around, why do folk lose their sh*t about what managers say in these interviews? He’s not going to rip into Dawson like one of the rabid twitter bullies. He’s not going to call out individual players and roast them in-front of the media. It’s not his style, and no matter how much folk moan that’s not going to change.

So what about his rant last Christmas when he called out the entire first team and said they would be gone in the summer?

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Got to be drinking in last chance saloon; if not DC is even most clueless than I think he us. 

Unfortunately drinking in the last chance saloon is no longer allowed...unless he also has a substantial meal.Whatever happens he will still be here for a while yet. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

So what about his rant last Christmas when he called out the entire first team and said they would be gone in the summer?

It’s not a regular occurrence though is it? That was probably the first and last in his career. 

My point is I really don’t know what people expect the bloke to say in these interviews.

I’m not defending his performance as manager here, his record speaks for itself. But what exactly can he say that will suddenly make folk warm to him? People don’t like what he says, yet he hardly says anything offensive. It’s the standard football manager talk we hear. 

Fact is he could be the greatest public speaker in the world, but it means nothing whilst he’s sitting on a record of the longest winless run at S6 since the 70’s. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

It’s not a regular occurrence though is it? That was probably the first and last in his career.  

Yeah but some nutters think that if you say something once they can then for the rest of their lives go around saying 'He ALWAYS says/does xxxxxxxx'

lol

Owlstalk Shop