Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

Monk on the challenge

“It has been a disappointing week for us for sure and none of us are happy about that.

"We get a chance to put it right and that is what we are focused on. We have to dust ourselves down and realise what we have done wrong in the last two games.“

Monk’s apology

“I’m not happy with my overall record. I want it to be a lot better than what it has been.

Performances were very good up to the Birmingham game. We are very unhappy with the last two performances.

We apologise for what happened in the local derby. 

We get a chance to put it right at the weekend.”

Will Monk change formation?

“I always look at perspective. I don’t go with emotion.

We have faced some disruption in the last three games with players going off with injuries and being sent off.

We had a settled defensive line going up to Birmingham and we were producing clean sheets and getting points.

Perspective from my point of view is needed.

This is not Championship Manager. You don’t just change something because it is off a whim.“

Injury updated

“Izzy Brown has trained all week and so has Dom Iorfa. We will have a look at him next week.

We don’t know how serious Aden’s injury is.

Massimo is still out.”

Will he make a change in goal?

“I have to make decisions and whatever I feel is right for the team.“

Monk’s message to the fans

“I want to try and put in a place they can be proud of. We’ve had a bad week. I’m not overall happy with my record. It is my responsibility. No one wants to make it work more than me.“

Monk on Wycombe

“We will get a chance to put it right and that’s where the focus needs to be. We know it’s going to be difficult and tough.

We have made steps forward with the culture and we will continue that way.

I’ve never had a record like this. I would love for it to be better.

This team deserves to be judged on this season. Up until the Birmingham game, everyone was saying it was a positive start.

I am encouraging these players to fight back.”

Monk on turning things around

“We are going to have to fight and look after each other.

I’m sure everyone was proud up to the Birmingham game and people were pleased with the progress.

We are trying to prepare as hard as we can for the weekend.

If we get the next three games right, it’s back to a positive. 

We know what we are capable of. We have had a bad week and we are hugely disappointed with it.

We are not looking too far ahead. Of course, we believe we can do it.”

Izzy Brown

“He has been back out on the grass for a good 10 days. 

We are judging it on where he is fitness wise. He has had no problem with it flaring back up and we are hopeful he will be in contention for the weekend.”

Monk on team selection

“All the way up to Birmingham, we had clean sheets and were defensively solid but we have not had that this week. The performances have been below-par. 

I will always try and make the right decision for the team.”

Perspective 

“You can’t go through a whole season without having a few bad games but with our situation it is magnified a lot more. 

The two performances were well below what we are expected.

I don’t care about the negatives. I try and learn from them but it is about moving forward and trying to put things right.

I am confident in the players and I know they can do it. The belief needs to be there.”

Edited by 0114
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Spirit 

“No player ever goes out on to the pitch wanting to lose a game.

We have to stick together and fight.”

Agreed, but ours go out with all the drive and force of a wet fart. Inevitable that we put in below par performances. This is now firmly Monk’s assembled squad. No more excuses you clueless twohat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

In other words, Wildsmith is playing. Why not just say it. 

I wanted to give Wildsmith a chance but I think he was given a chance before and has shown he is not quite there, probably both Dawson and Wildsmith are decent league one keepers...  We cant keep flopping between these two keepers that are not good enough...   We either need to get in a better keeper or give Westwood another go..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Owly Mowly said:

Same old words that just don’t wash any more. 

The only thing worse than a press conference is reading stuff like this after them.

I mean - what exactly COULD he say that Wednesday fans would say 'yeah fair enough - I agree - he's right - I'm right behind him now'? 

NOTHING

• Thanks 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The only thing worse than a press conference is reading stuff like this after them.

I mean - what exactly COULD he say that Wednesday fans would say 'yeah fair enough - I agree - he's right - I'm right behind him now'? 

NOTHING

Well, you keep finding things to back him up with.  Even you've dried up lately.  

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NOTHING

He’s been looking for a chance to put it right or a reaction for the best part of 12 months. He’s lost the fans, He’s lost the players. Basically Chansiri is doing to him what he is doing to Dawson. Flogging a dead horse but Monk has a chance to quit but he’s far too up his own backside to do that? This is going to get toxic and the only thing making it bearable for him is that there is no fans in the ground to tell him how sh!t a manager he is?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm amazed he is still here...that lies with Chancer and he is now showing he doesn't have the ability to make quick decisions, and in football you sometimes have too, tbh how many other club owners would have got rid by now?

Monks record is absolutely abysmal, I try not to listen to his droning voice ( no pun intended ) because nothing will make me change my mind about both him or Chansiri.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1