Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

33 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WOW

Amazing

It's just got too weird now today.

Too desperate to lump absolutely everything and ANYTHING on Garry Monk.

Next you'll say because he once used a hammer to do some DIY when he was 22, he is to blame for everything Sutcliffe did

I believe that nice Mr S used a screwdriver as the instrument of choice. I am unaware of Mr Monk’s preferred implement but something blunt and painful might be appropriate in terms of a motivational tool?

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's the truth though

Not sure why you keep deflecting away from the truth when it's shown to you

The truth that CHANSIRI and ONLY Chansiri got us in this 12 point deduction this season is like sunlight to your Dracula

lol

Well yes, but he will have been badly advised by Lex Luthor (Kryptonite 1867) and associates. I prefer to think it was naive rather than malicious. I think his heart is in the right place and he will have learned from his mistakes ( as we all do). See what a nice person I am.

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk underperforming is one thing - it's true he is. He's not doing well at all.
Some of his tactics, lineups, formations, substitutions and comments haven't been good enough

But come on...

Trying to link him to the points deduction is nothing more than pure desperation

But he did supply the gun that was used in the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and precipitated the First World War...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim said:

He’s been looking for a chance to put it right or a reaction for the best part of 12 months. He’s lost the fans, He’s lost the players. Basically Chansiri is doing to him what he is doing to Dawson. Flogging a dead horse but Monk has a chance to quit but he’s far too up his own backside to do that? This is going to get toxic and the only thing making it bearable for him is that there is no fans in the ground to tell him how sh!t a manager he is?

Now then Jim! It’s about time you got off the fence and told us what you really think. You don’t want people jumping to the wrong conclusions do you?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Monk says that he talk to DC all the time, ( and he has said that before) that would makes me think that he still is interested.

Yeah but the club have my email and mobile number and he has never even tried to contact me and give me an update or explain his thinking.  Also the Chairman should be fronting the press conferences and posting regular statements all the time.  Obvs not interested.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

lol

4 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Yeah but the club have my email and mobile number and he has never even tried to contact me and give me an update or explain his thinking.  Also the Chairman should be fronting the press conferences and posting regular statements all the time.  Obvs not interested.

He is so rude, why cant he call us up personally its the least I expect. Cheapskate and spiv I reckon.

Edited by Big Jack

38 minutes ago, A E Neuman NYowl said:

Just seen Monk on Look North and he looked  absolutely exhausted and looks like he hasn't slept for a month.

I am not a fan of Monk but don't like to see anyone in this state, he needs taking out of the firing line for his own health.

He could always resign... wouldn’t get his golden handshake then though, would he?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

But he did supply the gun that was used in the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand and precipitated the First World War...

History lesson now haha. Did you know you the kid who shot him was underage for execution, so was imprisoned until after the war when he became of age and was then executed? It's a bit ironic really with everything what happened in the war and underage people in fighting in it, he had to sit and wait/watch it all unfold because he was underage. And people call history boring haha.