Monk‘s Wycombe Presser

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest - it wouldn't matter what he says

No matter what he says people would just jump on him afterwards

It's soooooooo tedious

Not as tedious as 25 points from 31 games! 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

IRONY ALERT

The irony is that we have fans in this thread posting the most predictable stuff, saying the same stuff over and over and over again that ALWAYS gets posted after press conferences when results aren't going well - all saying that the manager is saying the predictable stuff, or saying the same stuff over and over and over again and what always gets said in press conferences when results aren't going well

Parody alert

The games up mate

You've backed a loser

Get over it.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Excellent press conference that.

Great positivity, tells us where things went wrong midweek and the steps being taken to put them right.

Good updates on our injury situation without giving the opposites too much information.

Pays due respect to the opponents but shows confidence in our overall superiority.

Apology to the fans for an unusually poor performance and gives us an insight on how to play football  manager.

Well done Garry.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The only thing worse than a press conference is reading stuff like this after them.

I mean - what exactly COULD he say that Wednesday fans would say 'yeah fair enough - I agree - he's right - I'm right behind him now'? 

NOTHING

Something that would give some hope that there was a glimmer of a plan b from the manager that’s been preaching for a year now that we would “react” after a defeat and have “a team to be proud of” and “didn’t want players in the squad who weren’t reliable for 30+ games a season”

I could go on to quite several more sound bites that have no substance I’m afraid 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone thinking this should never ever watch/read/listen to any press conferences and then comment on them

Talk is talk football is results orientated.If managers can't produce results they get the sack. Monks record is awful. You have your opinion and are welcome to it but don't try and dictate who can do what. Your opinion on Monk is based on what , 9months of failure . This club needs a change as we are freefalling to division 1.

• Love 1

Just now, ZicoSterland2 said:

Talk is talk football is results orientated.If managers can't produce results they get the sack. Monks record is awful. You have your opinion and are welcome to it but don't try and dictate who can do what. Your opinion on Monk is based on what , 9months of failure . This club needs a change as we are freefalling to division 1.

I've honestly no idea what you're on about?

All I'm saying is that yeah have an opinion on anything/everything that Monk says in a Press Conference

But for the love of god, for the sanity of everyone reading make it less predictable and dull than 'he says the same things every time' or 'that's just talk. it's on the pitch where it matters'

ffs

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, erowl said:

He isn't

He shouldn't be and he is going the right way about ensuring he wont be next season, regardless of whether or not he remains in his current position. 

6 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Yes....just cut out the fkn bullsh1t......straight yes or no...and its pretty fkn obvious what should happen. UTO.

Wycombe could be spending all week working on shooting from distance and then running in to tap in the (inevitable) push out by Dawson

It could form their entire approach to the game (and would be if I was their manager)

Why on earth would Monk give away his team selection to the opposition?

Come on now... let's stop being silly

Owlstalk Shop