Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

Don't they just swap in a new one if they need to? Pretty sure Michael Owen has some dead bloke's ACL.

I remember an NFL player tearing his patellar tendon and them saying that might be his career done, took him 2 years to get back and was never the same. 

@scram come say medical things

If it's ACL again then there are increasingly few options for reconstruction with each surgery

I know some people that have had 4 recons - 2 on each leg

It's not so unusual to have 2 ACL recons - an isolated ACL rupture is not really a big deal regarding recovery and rehab - just the length of time it takes

But when the ACL goes it can lead to other significant damage and that is often the cause of ongoing/subsequent problems

• Like 1

@scram - do you think this ridicilous playing schedule has been the main factor in this? 

Klopp will be absolute seething right now. 

Sure it will have played its part, but then given the player's history, I would assume that there is always the risk of something like this happening anyway. 

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

@scram - do you think this ridicilous playing schedule has been the main factor in this? 

Klopp will be absolute seething right now. 

Sure it will have played its part, but then given the player's history, I would assume that there is always the risk of something like this happening anyway. 

I think the lockdown then the long lead-in to playing games in project restart followed by the short pre-season for this season have definitely been a big factor

I think the condensed length of season with the same amount of games would make it sensible to do away with international breaks. 

Injuries are up nearly 50% for comparable average over previous seasons