Ladbrokes

1 hour ago, cowl said:

Why are some trying to insist yesterday was a win?

We drew the game, but won the penalty shoot-out (since cup ties require a winner). It's not that difficult.

So Walsall are in the next round are they? Or are you telling me that the penalty shoot out was not part of the game?
What is wrong with you people?

Nope, I just checked on Sky and the contest was won by Sheffield Wednesday.  

Sorted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Elderly Owl said:

So Walsall are in the next round are they? Or are you telling me that the penalty shoot out was not part of the game?
What is wrong with you people?

Nope, I just checked on Sky and the contest was won by Sheffield Wednesday.  

Sorted.

Why would Walsall be in the next round when we won the penalty shoot out?

We have penalty shoot-outs as a means of deciding who progresses to the next round - had we (or Walsall) been leading at the end of full time we wouldn't have needed the penalty shoot out, but the score was level so we did.

2 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Question: If the competition rules had the result of a DRAW after 90 minutes decided by the throw of a coin, would you argue we WON the game

if we won a coin throw?

Suggesting we lived in an alternate universe where Chris Woods had palmed that Andy Linighan header over the bar and then blocked the first couple of penalties. As David Hirst stroked home the winning penalty, would you be behind the goal vehemently denying that we had actually won the competition?

You could probably follow that up by saying in the historical list of results, we had in fact only drawn the original quarter-final game with Derby, and indeed, after 90 minutes, only managed to draw the semi-final against Sheffield United.

5 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

I backed us to win yesterday.

Been in Ladbrokes this morning to collect my winnings and guess what? They claimed we drew the game and I couldn’t collect.

Very strange.

I enjoy a good flutter. Us not scoring in the first half of games, might be the way to go this season........ as it was the last.

10 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Been in Ladbrokes this morning to collect my winnings and guess what? They claimed we drew the game and I couldn’t collect.

Very strange.

Ahem... As I posted yesterday in another thread:

On 05/09/2020 at 17:36, snaykz said:

I had a bet on Wednesday to win. I’ve just been to the bookies to collect my winnings and they refused to pay out!

Something about “Of course going through on penalties doesn’t count as a win you absolute cretin! Only an imbecile would think that!”

I showed them this thread but still no luck. They’re paying out on the draw apparently. 

I know, I’m as confused as the rest of you!

That seemed to go over everyone's heads as well.

I'm amazed that so many on here genuinely seem to think that winning the shootout means we won the match. A penalty shootout win (or loss) goes down as a draw in the record books. It always has done. The shootout is a separate competition to determine who progresses when a match is drawn. It doesn't alter the result of the match. As someone else said, it's the modern equivalent of a coin t0ss.

Our record this season: P1 W0 D1 L0.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, snaykz said:

Ahem... As I posted yesterday in another thread:

That seemed to go over everyone's heads as well.

I'm amazed that so many on here genuinely seem to think that winning the shootout means we won the match. A penalty shootout win (or loss) goes down as a draw in the record books. It always has done. The shootout is a separate competition to determine who progresses when a match is drawn. It doesn't alter the result of the match. As someone else said, it's the modern equivalent of a coin t0ss.

Our record this season: P1 W0 D1 L0.

Unbeaten so far 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neon Nick said:

Who cares about "bookie odds", the "odds" are always stacked in the favor of "the House", not to give betters a better chance to win money,  their job (the bookies) is to take your money, and, they usually DO.  

Not in this case. This is a clear case of someone not understanding a rule that’s been in since god were a lad. You can bet on winning in extra time, on penalties etc. It’s quite clear. 

In terms of betting on Wednesday, the bets this season are under 2.5 goals, draws and relegation. 

Edited by vulva
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Very strange.

Seriously you shouldn’t be betting if you don’t know the rules. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not in this case. This is a clear case of someone not understanding a rule that’s been in since god were a lad. You can bet on winning in extra time, on penalties etc. It’s quite clear. 

In terms of betting on Wednesday, the bets this season are under 2.5 goals, draws and relegation. 

True enough, fair enough....but don't look for any "insight" from the bookies.