Ladbrokes

Just now, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

On the other hand, lots of people on here insisted that yesterday's result wasn't a draw.

Maybe you need to show Ladbroke one of Neil's threads.

Results only count in 90 minutes for match betting.

NOT in real life where yesterdays  game  was clearly, obviously and PERMANENTLY  recorded as a win

Frankly I'm finding it extremely disturbing and bizarre that so many Wednesday fans are spending their time trying to erase a win from the record books and convince others that we didn't win yesterday

That's not normal behaviour from ANYONE never mind a fan of the team that won

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Results only count in 90 minutes for match betting.

NOT in real life where yesterdays  game  was clearly, obviously and PERMANENTLY  recorded as a win

Frankly I'm finding it extremely disturbing and bizarre that so many Wednesday fans are spending their time trying to erase a win from the record books and convince others that we didn't win yesterday

That's not normal behaviour from ANYONE never mind a fan of the team that won

Again, I agree we won the tie.

But in terms of form, we drew that game.

Delighted we got through obviously. But if we win next Saturday we won't have form of WW in my opinion.

Imagine this scenario, a team is one game from beating their all time record win streak, having won 15 games in all competitions (including some cup games). In the next game they draw 0-0 in 90 minutes and then win a penalty shootout. Would they really claim that they had set a new record.

I mean I'm sure Huddersfield would, but would other clubs?

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apology accepted

We won as you (rightly) say

That is what the records will show forever no matter how much the Monk haters want to try and do some voodoo magic style convincing of others that we didnt

lol

To be clear, I'm not a Monk hater. But I have always believed results in 90 minutes are what counts from a form point of view.

Hence my comment yesterday about when Portugal won the Euros winning only one game all tournament.

But again, we won the tie. This is great news as, with no real pre-season I think it is advantageous to get as many League Cup games as we can in the next few weeks. Hopefully we can win another couple and get to full fitness quicker than other teams. If they are all won on penalties I won't complain. I just won't count them as wins in our form.

Guest Manwithastick
25 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

On the other hand, lots of people on here insisted that yesterday's result wasn't a draw.

Maybe you need to show Ladbroke one of Neil's threads.

Finally, the 'point' of the thread. 

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Apology accepted

We won as you (rightly) say

That is what the records will show forever no matter how much the Monk haters want to try and do some voodoo magic style convincing of others that we didnt

lol

Err, wrong. In. the historical list of Wednesday results it's logged as a draw.

Guest Manwithastick
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't matter what you personally believe or not

The FACT is that we won yesterday

Question: If the competition rules had the result of a DRAW after 90 minutes decided by the throw of a coin, would you argue we WON the game

if we won a coin throw?

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Question: If the competition rules had the result of a DRAW after 90 minutes decided by the throw of a coin, would you argue we WON the game

if we won a coin throw?

Do we get to keep the coin?