The Garry Monk Era is here...

14 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Sacked Sacked Sacked and asked to leave. 
The boy did good ( obviously )

What is it you deem as success,  existence ?

Are we REALLY back to the point where I have to point out how absolutely mindnumbingly STUPID it is to judge a manager on whether or not they've been sacked before?

REALLY????

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

lol

Bit of advice

People get sacked because they're not good eough

Looks to me like we are REALLY back to the point where I have to point out how absolutely mindnumbingly STUPID it is to judge a manager on whether or not they've been sacked before

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Looks to me like we are REALLY back to the point where I have to point out how absolutely mindnumbingly STUPID it is to judge a manager on whether or not they've been sacked before

Raineri sacked eight times, alladyce five times, mclarren five times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

As stupid to stick your head in the sand and pretend that doesn't stand for anything. 

Anyhow let's hope he changes his style and we do well. 

UTO

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we are not allowed to  judge him on past sackings, maybe we should judge him on performence at hs current club?

Inherited a team in the top half who had won half their games.

Ran with it and did okay for a while and then decided to put his own mark on the team. This resulted in relegation form.

I can see why you are so optimistic. 😄.

16 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

If we are not allowed to  judge him on past sackings 

You're totally 'allowed' to mate

You can judge him on whatever you like
But if you judge a manager as being rubbish because he's been sacked before it makes you look absolutely, totally, completely stupid.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're totally 'allowed' to mate

You can judge him on whatever you like
But if you judge a manager as being rubbish because he's been sacked before it makes you look absolutely, totally, completely stupid.

Not if that Manager has had no success anywhere at all, just failures.

I judge him as being rubbish because he has had no success anywhere.

He took us from a top half team to relegation form.

Understandably the **** in crew always go on about the first half of last season. So I’ll ask the question what makes a supposedly class manager who got us to third in the table then oversee the second worst form in the championship in the second half of the season?

Was it Fletcher getting injured? Was it dropping Westwood and Hutchinson? Or did he decide mid-season to change a managerial style that was obviously working before the collapse?

For balance if you look at his previous jobs, falling out with players and subsequent bad runs are common place, are they not?

Edited by Jim

Just now, Emilianenko said:

What successful manager would jump at the chance to come here

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Understandably the **** in crew always go on about the first half of last season. So I’ll ask the question what makes a supposedly class manager who got us to third in the table then oversee the second worst form in the championship in the second half of the season?

Was it Fletcher getting injured? Was it dropping Westwood and Hutchinson? Or did he decide mid-season to change a managerial style that was obviously working before the collapse?

For balance if you look at his previous jobs, falling out with players and subsequent bad runs are common place, are they not?

Nailed it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Wasn't it a combination of things? 

The main two for me was the announcement that some players would be allowed to leave, and Fletcher getting injured.

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Here's the thing in football though

You just don't see football teams succeed with managers and players who have historically succeeded 

It doesn't happen

If it DID all a chairman would have to do to GUARANTEE promotion from this division is to only hire a manager who had succeeded before, and then fill the squad with players who had only succeeded before

To just highlight how ridiculous that is with just two local examples, Sheffield United would never ever have hired Wilder and got promoted  (no chance - their players hadn't succeeded to the levels you require, and the manager would't have been hired)

The second local example is Jamie Vardy who was at Fleetwood Town - he'd never have been given an opportunity at Leicester  and they'd have not succeeded as a club as a result

I'm sorry but to suggest only people who have succeeded before will bring success is such an outdated, old man way of thinking. It just is not true. Football doesn't work like that. There  are too many variables, and too many upcoming players, managers who prove it to be wrong, PLUS people who have been sacked/failed before go on to success.

So this nonsense about someone's previous history is just that.

Utter total nonsense.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh?

Swansea made more than £7m profit on transfers during his time in charge, all while competing in the Premier League.

He improved Leeds from 13th to 7th in the Championship with a net spend of less than a million.

Middlesbrough are the only club where he (or their transfer committee as is the way of the modern game) spent much more than they brought in, but that's not unusual for a newly-relegated team coming down from the Premier League and trying to avoid the kind of post-relegation slump suffered by many other teams. He had them competing for the playoffs at the point he was sacked.

At Birmingham he was able to spend money on one player whilst having to make do with free signings and loans for the rest due to their P&S issues. To have kept them up from where they were and then to easily overcome their points deduction to finish 17th could hardly be considered a failure.

Mate you are wasting your time. There are some in here who no matter what happens will never be in favour of GM. 
I now think it is better not to engage with them as they don’t respond to logic and facts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Please let me counteract this statement by saying with 100% confidence that you personally don't know that, and that you're just blindly parroting what you have read someone else (who has an agenda) has posted.

There's NO WAY you've done any research on this point, and not only that, but everyone  reading knows this to be true too.

Just repeating what someone else says does not make it true.

Don't believe the hype and stop being a sheep

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop