For the “Monk Out” gang

29 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

What utter waffle. 

Bruce has a track record of some success.

Garry Monk does not. Garry Monk has history of falling out with players.

It is that simple.

Quote:Emilianenko..'Its a forum for debate and opinion.' perhaps you should follow your own advice and do some? debate that is? and lay off the insults?..Its simply not accurate to say Monk has no track record of success,thats an opinion,and you are certainly entitled to it,but its not a 'fact' Many people in life,and in their working lives struggle and go on a journey,before they get to the stage where they are happy with their lot.

Bruce in my view in his early career certainly went through a learning process(as everyone does) and very probably made some mistakes on the way.

Monk and Bruce,are different types of 'Manager', & may well deal with their staff differently,that doesnt make one a 'success' & the other a 'failure'

Monk may have had good reason for dealing with players the way he has,in his Career...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Same difference. Monk still extended.

What a joke of a manager.

Well letting the Players go he has,he has stopped at least them laughing all the way to the Bank,hasnt he?what was it FF Agent allegedly said? 'Cant believe the Club hadnt offered him a new contract'?...PP no better than a squad/cover Player to me,but with 7 players leaving,Westwood not selected,& 2 of the 3 new signings recovering from injury,we had to have cover.

PP knows the squad,and the systym Monk wants to play,and isnt too injury prone,just insurance..

45 minutes ago, parajack said:

Quote:Emilianenko..'Its a forum for debate and opinion.' perhaps you should follow your own advice and do some? debate that is? and lay off the insults?..Its simply not accurate to say Monk has no track record of success,thats an opinion,and you are certainly entitled to it,but its not a 'fact' Many people in life,and in their working lives struggle and go on a journey,before they get to the stage where they are happy with their lot.

Bruce in my view in his early career certainly went through a learning process(as everyone does) and very probably made some mistakes on the way.

Monk and Bruce,are different types of 'Manager', & may well deal with their staff differently,that doesnt make one a 'success' & the other a 'failure'

Monk may have had good reason for dealing with players the way he has,in his Career...

Or more likely he has poor man management skills.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Oh dear. 

Your operative words there are “was here”

Probably didn’t happen when Ron Atkinson was here either, but then I try not to live in the past. 

Perhaps it wouldn’t happen if we could attract and retain the likes of Bruce, but we can’t. 
So in the meantime the anti Monk gang can carry on, others, including myself, will accept we are where we are but try and look forward.
To quote Andy Dufresne, you can get busy living or get busy dying.

I'm in the doom and gloom brigade, but that's true.

Our record at hanging on to quality ain't great, be it Catterick, Wilko, Big Ron, or Fatso.

The main reason being a lack of resources to back them.

The Blades are getting away with it because Wilder is British, and the clubs who would tempt him away want foreign.

Let's hope that Leeds don't move for him when Bielsa leaves.

Now there's a thought, and not a pretty one.

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Or more likely he has poor man management skills.

Maybe who knows?...Monk was /is a leader of that we should be able to agree,(Captained  the Swans through all 4 Divisions),,such people dont suffer fools gladly,or tolerate their authority being Q..Footballers,as we know,can have ego's allegedly as big as their pay packets...Maybe he did ruffle feathers,the only debate to me seems to be,did it need doing?

Some like me say yes,others say no....either way we shall see soon enough if Monk can ring the changes ...I just hope people give him a chance.1 Transfer window isnt enough, I doubt 1 Season will be enough,but we can hope.I would be happy with avoiding Relegation,playing some good football,and stopping the 3,4 goal loss's

That must stop

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Maybe who knows?...Monk was /is a leader of that we should be able to agree,(Captained  the Swans through all 4 Divisions),,such people dont suffer fools gladly,or tolerate their authority being Q..Footballers,as we know,can have ego's allegedly as big as their pay packets...Maybe he did ruffle feathers,the only debate to me seems to be,did it need doing?

Some like me say yes,others say no....either way we shall see soon enough if Monk can ring the changes ...I just hope people give him a chance.1 Transfer window isnt enough, I doubt 1 Season will be enough,but we can hope.I would be happy with avoiding Relegation,playing some good football,and stopping the 3,4 goal loss's

That must stop

As a defender and a captain along with Bully, do you not think they should have been able to organise our defence a bit better? Conceding goals far too easy for my liking.

Also Steve Bruce was a better captain than Monk.

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm in the doom and gloom brigade, but that's true.

Our record at hanging on to quality ain't great, be it Catterick, Wilko, Big Ron, or Fatso.

The main reason being a lack of resources to back them.

The Blades are getting away with it because Wilder is British, and the clubs who would tempt him away want foreign.

Let's hope that Leeds don't move for him when Bielsa leaves.

Now there's a thought, and not a pretty one.

Thinking about Wilder is never a pretty thought. But I’ve got a feeling he’ll be at the Lane until things go sour, not because another club comes calling.

Not sure who Fatso is ?

I’m not doom and gloom cos there’s no point. The fans have very little control of what’s going on, I started supporting Wednesday in the mid seventies, didn’t seem much fun then either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Sorry about that.

Hopefully this will remedy the situation.

Garry Monk lost 6 times as many games as Steve Bruce.

So what?....Bruce didnt stay did he? and his win record over the same  number of games was similar.....if not better..Come on lets let it go now,After what Bruce did to the Club we all love,this fanfare of love really isnt due him...NO i dont think he is a bad bloke,yes he is a decent Manager,No in one respect i dont blame him for wanting to manage his boyhood Club,who wouldnt?

But we were left floundering in the process.....

Just now, parajack said:

So what?....Bruce didnt stay did he? and his win record over the same  number of games was similar.....if not better..Come on lets let it go now,After what Bruce did to the Club we all love,this fanfare of love really isnt due him...NO i dont think he is a bad bloke,yes he is a decent Manager,No in one respect i dont blame him for wanting to manage his boyhood Club,who wouldnt?

But we were left floundering in the process.....

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Evidence suggests that Monk is better than Bruce.

Compared to Bruce he's won twice as many games as SWFC manager.

Whooooosh

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

As a defender and a captain along with Bully, do you not think they should have been able to organise our defence a bit better? Conceding goals far too easy for my liking.

Also Steve Bruce was a better captain than Monk.

Come on,neither of us can possibly know that,only the Players who were their colleagues,and played under either.Even than it would be a matter of opinion.Monk allegedly said he doesn't  Coach players to consistently make bad choices in defence,or make silly Schoolboy errors in defending.

We all saw them on the pitch do it,thats not down to coaching,or tactics..something else....Not good enough? dont care enough? not give a ********?..Something else

1 hour ago, William 1867 said:

Same difference. Monk still extended.

What a joke of a manager.

Joke or not , he is our manager , dont care whether he is popular or not with players and fans.

He now has his own team and cleared out the high earning egos, time and results will tell his legacy.

So while he is our manager he has my 100% support.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1