For the “Monk Out” gang

55 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Exactly. It's all we can do. 

11 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Who’s job is it to get the best out of the players?

First off,the Players themselves to do what they are paid to do,not show attitude,and be professional enough to do the job they are paid for,to their utmost ability. Not Allegedly be 'injured' or have alleged unexplained loss of form'..If you think Monk is so sh**e how do you explain him getting the 'best out of the players' in our first 23 games?...How come his tactics,Man Management,and substitutions worked than,but not later?..

Like everyone else you wont be able to show me a Monk out post,or Monks sh8te post from Xmas or before,cos you didnt make any did you?

Edited by parajack
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

First off,the Players themselves to do what they are paid to do,not show attitude,and be professional enough to do the job they are paid for,to their utmost ability. Not Allegedly be 'injured' or have alleged unexplained loss of form'..If you think Monk is so sh**e how do you explain him getting the 'best out of the players' in our first 23 games?...How come his tactics,Man Management,and substitutions worked than,but not later?..

Like everyone else you wont be able to show me a Monk out post,or Monks sh8te post from Xmas or before,cos you didnt make any did you?

The honeymoon period, it happens a lot before getting found out.

It was 16 games by the way. Three of the wins were under Bullen.

I'll turn this around on you. If you think Monk is so great, how did we become so bad after Christmas?

11 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Who’s job is it to get the best out of the players?

To make the perfect omelette, you need to break a few eggs. 
Some eggs might be rotten and you have deal with them accordingly.
A manager can only do so much from the training ground and touch line.

I’m not saying he’s blameless, but compare the hand he inherited to the one Slaven Bilic did. There’s been more issues at our club than most. The tail has wagged the dog for far too long.

• Like 2

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

To make the perfect omelette, you need to break a few eggs. 
Some eggs might be rotten and you have deal with them accordingly.
A manager can only do so much from the training ground and touch line.

I’m not saying he’s blameless, but compare the hand he inherited to the one Slaven Bilic did. There’s been more issues at our club than most. The tail has wagged the dog for far too long.

Not when Bruce was here.

12 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Your either very dim or completely missing the point. No one is saying that what Bruce did in leaving us up "%$£ creak is anything other that diabolical. What they are saying is he showed in the little time he was here how superior he was to any other manager we have had in the Chansiri era or even recent history of the club.

Hit a sore spot have I?.....Naughty Para.....what a silly Statement you have just made...Better than Harry Catterick,Big Ron? Howard? Trevor Francis? Even Carlos took us to a Play off final and almost another....Players allegedly let us down again there didnt they?...Best Manager in the history of the Club? **** me....I will leave it to others to make their minds up who is ''very dim'

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

The honeymoon period, it happens a lot before getting found out.

It was 16 games by the way. Three of the wins were under Bullen.

I'll turn this around on you. If you think Monk is so great, how did we become so bad after Christmas?

I have said why,multiple times in multiple posts....even in this thread.It doesnt convince the people who hold Monk responsible for the S6 collapse,fine i see little point in repeating it,I dont myself believe your correct about the 'Honeymoon period' that for me,doesnt apply to 'results' but rather to how long a Manager gets before fans/supporters turn on them.

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

That's fair comment.

Mind you, managers often start off well and then falter.

Only the real quality seem to be able to do it perennially.

Perhaps opposing managers just rumble the rest.

Yet there's an irony here, because when managing Leeds Monk was the first to really outmuscle us in midfield, and double up down the flanks.

He said he'd picked a team specially for us, and that's the biggest midfield I think I've ever seen.

People contrast Carlos' first season with his second, but what Monk did that day played a part in the change of style.

It wasn't simply about Carlito going all defensive, it was that our adversaries had seen a way to stop us.

It was the Pale One who'd shown them how.

Things started to go awry last season with the loss of Fletcher.

Again, there's a parallel here with opponents doubling up on Wood at Leeds in the closing stages of the season, thankfully denying them a playoff place.

Monk either sinks or swims, but let's hope the Siamese Cat has sounded someone else out, just in case.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, parajack said:

I have said why,multiple times in multiple posts....even in this thread.It doesnt convince the people who hold Monk responsible for the S6 collapse,fine i see little point in repeating it,I dont myself believe your correct about the 'Honeymoon period' that for me,doesnt apply to 'results' but rather to how long a Manager gets before fans/supporters turn on them.

All you have stated is it seems to be everyone's fault bar Monks.

10 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Just stating a fact. Bruce could handle the players. Monk couldn't.

Well we dont know do we? player issues had to be sorted at some point,and Bruce may well have faced the same issues,had he stayed.

4 hours ago, longreach said:

Eh!??

What the frik are you on about?

Simple enough,be consistent,go back through your posts on here,and repost them....You know the ones where you said Monk wasnt the right Manager for us,where you wanted him gone.Any post from Sept 19 to Jan 1 2020....

13 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Not when Bruce was here.

Oh dear. 

Your operative words there are “was here”

Probably didn’t happen when Ron Atkinson was here either, but then I try not to live in the past. 

Perhaps it wouldn’t happen if we could attract and retain the likes of Bruce, but we can’t. 
So in the meantime the anti Monk gang can carry on, others, including myself, will accept we are where we are but try and look forward.
To quote Andy Dufresne, you can get busy living or get busy dying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

I think their respective track records would state not.

Said 'track records' can be made to say whatever a person wants...meaningless,Bruce allegedly in his own words was on the verge of leaving Management after his time at SUFC,and than went on to have 4 Clubs in 3 years......comparing apples with pears

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Oh dear. 

Your operative words there are “was here”

Probably didn’t happen when Ron Atkinson was here either, but then I try not to live in the past. 

Perhaps it wouldn’t happen if we could attract and retain the likes of Bruce, but we can’t. 
So in the meantime the anti Monk gang can carry on, others, including myself, will accept we are where we are but try and look forward.
To quote Andy Dufresne, you can get busy living or get busy dying.

Its a forum for debate and opinion. Stating your opinion on here doesn't mean we can't look forward. Perhaps we can't all see a rosie immediate future?

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

Said 'track records' can be made to say whatever a person wants...meaningless,Bruce allegedly in his own words was on the verge of leaving Management after his time at SUFC,and than went on to have 4 Clubs in 3 years......comparing apples with pears

What utter waffle. 

Bruce has a track record of some success.

Garry Monk does not. Garry Monk has history of falling out with players.

It is that simple.