For the “Monk Out” gang

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

What are you rambling on about....Bruce failed to get Wednesday promoted.

We were in dire straights under Jos. Bullen, Agnew and Clemence steadied the ship then Bruce came in and lost 3 matches in his 18 in charge. How can that be called a failure?

When he left we were in a far better place than under Jos. He'd added Iorfa, Harris, Luongo, Boerner, made Westwood his no.1 keeper.

We started last season reasonably under Bullen with 9 points after 6 games.

We weren't in a mess when Monk came in, we had a good squad and had made a decent start.

Yes we did well in his first 17 games with 30 points.

Then his man management skills and tactics took effect, in the following 23 games we were abysmal with only 17 points and 4 wins.

Covid saved Monk's job.

I think with a crowd in at Hillsborough and seeing only 1 win and 6 goals scored in the last 12 homes games, the atmosphere would have become too toxic for him to have survived.

Top post fella 

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Anyone who thinks Monk's a better manager than Bruce needs their bumps feeling. 

A stranger coming on here would think Bruce had taken us to the champions league final, when all he did was implement what most on here had suggested for 3 years.

And as soon as he got a better offer, he showed his true colours.

In years to come, he’ll be remembered for the way he left, not what he did with the team.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn't understand Monks appointment in the first place and I don't understand our perseverance with him now, let alone letting him build a new team. Have no confidence he will overcome the - 12 and turn it into a successful season. He's just not a good manager with a record to prove it. I was hoping after the abysmal second half of the season when we nearly got relegated, we would bring someone else and build a new team. 

I'd love it if he could prove me wrong and his new signings have given a little optimism. Saying that, i only know Brown so don't know if the others are any good (🤞). We will see but I'm genuinely worried about the new season. I hope im wrong. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A stranger coming on here would think Bruce had taken us to the champions league final, when all he did was implement what most on here had suggested for 3 years.

In years to come, he’ll be remembered for the way he left, not what he did with the team.

Monks still crap though, and not even close to Bruce as soon a manager. 

Monks a bullshitter. Blames everyone else and bullshits his way through his seasons.. Wherever he his   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Monks still crap though, and not even close to Bruce as soon a manager. 

Monks a bullshitter. Blames everyone else and bullshits his way through his seasons.. Wherever he his   

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but like him or not he’s the manager of our club. 

If results and performances continue like the second half of last season then we can’t afford to retain him. 

As I’ve said before the likes of Hughton and Bruce think they’re too good for Hillsboro - we’re a club with no money and start the season behind the 8 ball.

Recruitment looks positive so I’m optimistic that we can build a team that will be competing at the right end of the division eventually, this coming season might be just about survival. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but like him or not he’s the manager of our club. 

If results and performances continue like the second half of last season then we can’t afford to retain him. 

As I’ve said before the likes of Hughton and Bruce think they’re too good for Hillsboro - we’re a club with no money and start the season behind the 8 ball.

Recruitment looks positive so I’m optimistic that we can build a team that will be competing at the right end of the division eventually, this coming season might be just about survival. 

I think it's a " not " Like from me..  He's using the club. And given his decisions last season, clearly doesn't give a to55. His record is appalling in the game and quite frankly I still cannot understand how he ended up here. Other than another " Advisors " Little offshore pocket liner. 

I hope he proves me wrong. 

But his continued self absorbed failure last season leaves a bitter taste. 

The new signings.. Let's see how the results go.. Plenty of hype... No action yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

I think it's a " not " Like from me..  He's using the club. And given his decisions last season, clearly doesn't give a to55. His record is appalling in the game and quite frankly I still cannot understand how he ended up here. Other than another " Advisors " Little offshore pocket liner. 

The new signings.. Let's see how the results go.. Plenty of hype... No action yet. 

His record as a manager isn’t appalling. That’s been built up by hype on here.

4 hours ago, English Man said:

Didn't understand Monks appointment in the first place and I don't understand our perseverance with him now, let alone letting him build a new team. Have no confidence he will overcome the - 12 and turn it into a successful season. He's just not a good manager with a record to prove it. I was hoping after the abysmal second half of the season when we nearly got relegated, we would bring someone else and build a new team. 

I'd love it if he could prove me wrong and his new signings have given a little optimism. Saying that, i only know Brown so don't know if the others are any good (🤞). We will see but I'm genuinely worried about the new season. I hope im wrong. 

Did I miss that ? Without the FFP sanction we were never in danger of being relegated...the teams who were in the bottom three deserved to be there only Wigan were playing above relegation form. To score the number of goals we did away shows we must have been playing some decent football what we didn't do was defend properly and kept giving away goals to individual mistakes...the Fulham game showed that because without the individual mistakes we'd have got something there. It also showed the team spirit because we'd have laid down and surrounded before lockdown if we'd been 3-0 down and that's down to Monk without the divisive element in the dressing room.

Edited by daveyboy66

11 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

And Monk undid all that!

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Did I miss that ? Without the FFP sanction we were never in danger of being relegated...the teams who were in the bottom three deserved to be there only Wigan were playing above relegation form. To score the number of goals we did away shows we must have been playing some decent football what we didn't do was defend properly and kept giving away goals to individual mistakes...the Fulham game showed that because without the individual mistakes we'd have got something there. It also showed the team spirit because we'd have laid down and surrounded before lockdown and that's down to Monk without the divisive element in the dressing room.

It was more down to Fulham dropping down a gear when the game was won.

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

It's appalling. He's been sacked from his past clubs and is one of the worst managers in our modern history. That's fact.. Not hype. 

Go back and look at where Leeds finished in the seasons prior to his arrival. He walked from there,  not sacked. 
He was sacked from Boro When they were 2 points from the play offs. Where are they now.

At Brum he took them up the table, until a points deduction came into play. 
If that leads you to the word appalling, I’m glad your not my manager.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Well his excuses have now gone such as player unrest etc. Now his players his staff. Let’s see what happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

And Monk undid all that!

It’s all Monks fault. That’s why this thread was created, to give you another  chance to have a good whinge. 

He’s here to stay, he’s part of the club. 

Our fans can either get behind our club, or continue to lament that a bloke who didn’t give two sh!ts about us has gone.

I know which option I’ll take.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Top post fella 

Top post?? quoting  a mans 'achievements' who did what Bruce did to Wednesday? ime sick of seeing people knocking one out about  someone who stayed for 18 games,didnt get us into a promotion spot,or a playoff place....than left....despite having a 3 year contract.....But he is Johnfcukingtravolta  in Sat Night Fever,to some....Henceforth your all 'Bee Gee's thats your new name...

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Top post?? quoting  a mans 'achievements' who did what Bruce did to Wednesday? ime sick of seeing people knocking one out about  someone who stayed for 18 games,didnt get us into a promotion spot,or a playoff place....than left....despite having a 3 year contract.....But he is Johnfcukingtravolta  in Sat Night Fever,to some....Henceforth your all 'Bee Gee's thats your new name...

Your either very dim or completely missing the point. No one is saying that what Bruce did in leaving us up "%$£ creak is anything other that diabolical. What they are saying is he showed in the little time he was here how superior he was to any other manager we have had in the Chansiri era or even recent history of the club.