For the “Monk Out” gang

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

A good manager knows how to treat staff. Some need a kick up the arse, some need an arm round them.Some like the direct approach, some need the softly gentle persuasion or encouragement. 

But also, some just can't be helped.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

A good manager knows how to treat staff. Some need a kick up the arse, some need an arm round them.Some like the direct approach, some need the softly gentle persuasion or encouragement. 

A good manager will also know that irrespective of ability, no one individual is bigger than the team.

Some people become unmanageable, and if they can’t fall back in line, the whole team dynamic is impacted, negatively.

These arguments about whether or not **** is up to the job are Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman.

Bottom line ****’s still the manager. Personally I wish he wasn’t but he is. As I’ve said before he could win the champions league with us and I’ll never take to him.

In my experience as a Wednesday fan the bigger the personality the more the manager was successful. Charlton and Atkinson being the prime examples. The type of manager everyone from the boardroom down to the supporters believed in. **** doesn’t have this, probably never will?

This season will make or break his managerial career. It is not the free hit a lot of people seem to think it is. It can’t be after the capitulation of last season.

I hope he’s successful because the Chairman is not going to sack him anytime soon. If he was going to, he would’ve done it by now?

I don’t rate him. I don’t like him and I probably never will? That said I respect the posters on here who genuinely rate him. For this great club’s sake I hope they are right but I genuinely fear for our future if they aren’t?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A good manager will also know that irrespective of ability, no one individual is bigger than the team.

Some people become unmanageable, and if they can’t fall back in line, the whole team dynamic is impacted, negatively.

So by that logic we should have improved massively after Christmas one GM had sorted out the bad eggs?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So by that logic we should have improved massively after Christmas one GM had sorted out the bad eggs?

That’s your logic not mine. Not sure which management course you’ve been on.

But if you’ve got access to the changing room, please share your intimate details.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

But other managers kept them in line. As Plonk said why did we get worse after Christmas once the bad eggs had been sorted? 

Edited by Emilianenko

5 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

But other managers kept them in line. As Plonk said why did we get worse after Christmas once the bad eggs had been sorted? 

Give me the date the bad eggs were sorted. Who was sorted. Who reacted, what was the clique. Who was texting who, who said what , when ? What did Monk say, was it his choice, or was he told to say it ? 

What do you actually have apart from opinion ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Give me the date the bad eggs were sorted. Who was sorted. Who reacted, what was the clique. Who was texting who, who said what , when ? What did Monk say, was it his choice, or was he told to say it ? 

What do you actually have apart from opinion ? 

So Why was our form so bad after the honeymoon period? If Monk didn’t sort any bad eggs, why did he choose not to play two of our better players?

19 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

So Why was our form so bad after the honeymoon period? If Monk didn’t sort any bad eggs, why did he choose not to play two of our better players?

So instead of answering my points, we’re back to your honeymoon perIod. Yours, not mine.

Who said he didn’t sort any bad eggs ? I asked you for more info ? Do you actually read before answering ? Obv not.

What do you actually know apart from speculation ?

Oh, don’t tell me. When the team progressed pre Xmas, it was down to Bruce, Bullen and your 3 month honeymoon period. But when results and performances turned, it was all down to Monk and his management style.

Nothing to do with financial issues that had just been announced, and nothing to do with the loss of our talisman striker.

• Like 2

If it’s true that football is a results business then it’s also true that the best result you can have in football is a win.

It’s true that the best managers win the most games, and therefore it’s true that you can define how good a manager is by the amount of wins.

Monk has won more games than Bruce therefore it’s true that Monk is better than Bruce.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Just stating a fact. Bruce could handle the players. Monk couldn't.

Not sure that’s entirely correct. Bruce recognised major failings in the club which he stated and has been repeated ad nauseam on here would take a number of windows to sort out. As he never got beyond the honeymoon period I don’t think we ever saw how he would tackle things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Clearly you are uneducated. Look up unconscious bias, and get back to me.

Take it up with Sheffield Hallam University quality control,there the ones who awarded me a BA(Hons) Communication Studies.....Unconscious bias Mmmmm,I suppose you have missed the irony of labelling me(look up Sociology Labelling theory) as 'uneducated' thereby revealing your own unconcious bias...

Someone disagree's i cant possibly be wrong,therefor the only answer must be.....THERE FICK....    Easy this social stereotyping....

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

I don’t know exactly what position we were in the league when Monk took over. I do know for sure though that he finished in a much lower position than when he started. So that taking us up to 3rd very briefly doesn’t count for much. 

3 Games i believe....with Bullen in charge,than Monk took over in September.WAWAW mate,but come on,thats a pretty silly comment tbh...saying it doesnt count for much...      Every Manager wants to either be in first or second spot,at that time of the Year,or challenging for such in third....ready for a push in the new Year to the finish line...