Westwood wanted by Blackburn despite his ‘injuries’

Guest gizowl
52 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Go on then. Good luck with your future career.

That's where players mentality has changed over the years, money comes first, if you think he'll take a drop in money just for the chance of playing first team football somewhere your in cuckoo land. 

13 minutes ago, gizowl said:

That's where players mentality has changed over the years, money comes first, if you think he'll take a drop in money just for the chance of playing first team football somewhere your in cuckoo land. 

Maybe. Making like uncomfortable for him while he's here is a start.

11 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

If as suggested he is on 30k a week I would seem to me the best way forward is to let him leave on a free.  The buying club could pay him a signing on fee t9 offset any reduction in weekly wages. We reduce our wage bill by the aforementioned £1.5m.  Everyone’s a winner ......kushty

The signing fee would have to equal what he would lose in wages so essentially they would still pay 30k a week anyway it’s just split between wages and a signing fee.

A championship club isn’t going to pay 30k a week for a 35 year old keeper who is way past his best, injury prone and no resale value. The only chance we have is a prem team needs a quota player.

1 hour ago, the third man said:

just go back to what i said, two managers can't / couldn't manage him, three could

What about the Irish managers as well. Shall we include them in all this because from memory quite a few didn’t pick him either. 

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Westwood is not only the best keeper and player currently contracted to SWFC he is also box office and entertaining 

I can swallow paying the highest ticket prices in the EFL if I get to be entertained by quality like Westwood

When I have to witness characterless roadcones ship goal after goal in our net I really resent paying those prices 

Guest Willow Owl
14 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Westwood is not only the best keeper and player currently contracted to SWFC he is also box office and entertaining 

I can swallow paying the highest ticket prices in the EFL if I get to be entertained by quality like Westwood

When I have to witness characterless roadcones ship goal after goal in our net I really resent paying those prices 

He’s finished at Wednesday, he’s now behind an academy keeper. I wonder why ?

Bannan is the best player contracted to the club. Never injured, always 100% and has never been banished to train with under 23s.

Do not think the club would give him a 2 year contract on an alleged 30k a week then just discard him to the under 23’s if he was being a model professional. 
Too many managers have discarded him for it to be coincidence.

Just my opinion, based on what is current factual evidence of his position at the club.

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, the third man said:

just go back to what i said, two managers can't / couldn't manage him, three could

Let’s forget the international managers that have discarded him as well shall we.

Guest Therealrealist
14 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Let’s forget the international managers that have discarded him as well shall we.

Maybe he wasn’t the best Irish keeper available to them..he his the best keeper contracted to swfc at this moment in time..is he not? And another thing..if he’s such a bad egg around the place why did reinstating him in to the team the first thing good owd bully did? Nobody ever answers this question..

Edited by Therealrealist

I will agree that several managers have found Westwood hard to work with.

I don't agree with the constant diatribe by some that he and another are the root cause of issues at the club mind.

Sometimes those who are most vociferous are the ones that actually see the problem but aren't allowed to be part of the solution, because they are so opinionated.

I don't see the constant pointing of fingers by several people on this website saying "these are the people at fault" being in anyway constructive, accurate, or to be quite honest - truthful. 

Edited by HarryPlopper

Guest Willow Owl
22 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Maybe he wasn’t the best Irish keeper available to them..he his the best keeper contracted to swfc at this moment in time..is he not? And another thing..if he’s such a bad egg around the place why did reinstating him in to the team the first thing good owd bully did? Nobody ever answers this question..

I don’t believe he is our current best keeper or he would be training with the first team. Monk said in December / January that he had told Westwood that when he regained fitness he would have to fight for his place in the team. If as you say he is still the best keeper, he couldn’t have fought that hard as he is now banished to train with the under 23’s

Bully never became full time manager ( thank god ) so is irrelevant in the overall discussion.

We are spending to much time living in the past.

Guest Therealrealist
2 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

I don’t believe he is our current best keeper or he would be training with the first team. Monk said in December / January that he had told Westwood that when he regained fitness he would have to fight for his place in the team. If as you say he is still the best keeper, he couldn’t have fought that hard as he is now banished to train with the under 23’s

Bully never became full time manager ( thank god ) so is irrelevant in the overall discussion.

We are spending to much time living in the past.

So here we go again..for the millionth time..who is the best keeper under contract at swfc??