Bullen, Thompson and Weaver

Guest Smackavolley

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sad if he feels like he has to delete his twitter account but he does come across as too sensitive at times.

It's not for people to assess how sensitive someone should be on their own social media 

Remember that these messages and tweets that are sent someones way are seen, read, and make an impact on a real human being 

It really is sad that he's deleted his twitter because of a few bully boys but that's how Twitter is/works, where bullies fire off all sorts of stuff to try and get people to bite, react or get dragged down to their level mentally.

Bullen was fantastic at fan interaction on there, promoting all the good Sheffield Wednesday things going on, and there's nobody else at the club really doing that so it's a big loss.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I've got a lot of time for Bully, and as you say I hope something is found for him. But being a long time servant of the club doesn't give him an entitlement to a job. He needs to perform, and as others have noted the coaching has become a bit stale and we're not really improving players. He and Weaver may have their badges, but there's a difference between coaching by the manual and incorporating new and innovative ideas.

Not a single person can tell me what (specifically) Lee Bullen has done wrong coaching wise

Why? 

Because nobody has a clue either way. It's pure guesswork 

He might have been the GOOD aspect of the coaching team for all we know - nobody knows so to call for someone go get replaced when nobody knows specifically what they've done right or wrong is naive

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not a single person can tell me what (specifically) Lee Bullen has done wrong coaching wise

Why? 

Because nobody has a clue either way. It's pure guesswork 

He might have been the GOOD aspect of the coaching team for all we know - nobody knows so to call for someone go get replaced when nobody knows specifically what they've done right or wrong is naive

Gary monk has identified what he thinks he needs to get this squad firing..and that is obviiusly a new coaching set up

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not for people to assess how sensitive someone should be on their own social media 

Remember that these messages and tweets that are sent someones way are seen, read, and make an impact on a real human being 

It really is sad that he's deleted his twitter because of a few bully boys but that's how Twitter is/works, where bullies fire off all sorts of stuff to try and get people to bite, react or get dragged down to their level mentally.

Bullen was fantastic at fan interaction on there, promoting all the good Sheffield Wednesday things going on, and there's nobody else at the club really doing that so it's a big loss.

If you have a well paid job in the public eye then you are going to get some criticism at some point especially in football.

Goes with the territory.

I agree no one should accept abuse but you have to take the criticism on the chin sometimes in his position.
I am not what he specifically blocked me for but I didn't abuse him or even criticise him personally. It wasn't even a comment on Lee Bullens twitter feed or any of his posts.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If you have a well paid job in the public eye then you are going to get some criticism at some point especially in football.

Goes with the territory.

I agree no one should accept abuse but you have to take the criticism on the chin sometimes in his position.
I am not what he specifically blocked me for but I didn't abuse him or even criticise him personally. It wasn't even a comment on Lee Bullens twitter feed or any of his posts.

Thing is your one kindly worded tweet questioning his competence was probably out of a hundred less kindly worded tweets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Don't get the abuse that get Bullen gets.

Started when someone fired some nasty angry rubbish at him and he blocked them

They then went crying off to their mates who instead of saying 'what did you expect tweeting him that to his personal social media account?' they backed up their mate and did the same thing to Bullen who then blocked them too, so it then became a badge of honour to get blocked by him as if it proves some kind of point

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley
16 minutes ago, Tommo_ said:

Bullen staying as first team coach. Thompson u23s head coach and Weaver academy goalkeeping coach. 

Isn't rocket science 

No it isn't and if it was, your rocket has just exploded on take off lol

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Started when someone fired some nasty angry rubbish at him and he blocked them

They then went crying off to their mates who instead of saying 'what did you expect tweeting him that to his personal social media account?' they backed up their mate and did the same thing to Bullen who then blocked them too, so it then became a badge of honour to get blocked by him as if it proves some kind of point

Haters gonna hate.

How is Benidorm, watch out for the mobility scooters.

• Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist
22 minutes ago, Tommo_ said:

Bullen staying as first team coach. Thompson u23s head coach and Weaver academy goalkeeping coach. 

Isn't rocket science 

ITK 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

So is Thompson still U23 manager or 1st team coach now..

Bullen just a U23 coach.

It reads to me like Bullen is in charge of the U23s and Thompson is a 1st team coach. If so, that'll give Bullen the chance to manage the young-uns and get more managerial experience - if at a lower level.

40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Quite. 

We have some right oddballs  in our fanbase. 

We appointed some new coaching staff, so the mouth breathers start tweeting abuse at one of the current coaching staff? 

Bizarre. 

I don’t condone any of it for one second, and it’s times like this I wish Twitter would make people upload ID when they sign up. Would be interesting to see much nasty abuse these people give out when they know Twitter knows their identity. The most abusive nasty accounts are rarely brave enough to show their faces. Until Twitter sort that out, it comes with the territory and any high profile figure has to expect it. They have to have thick skin and ignore it or just not use social media.

It’s like on here. A great place for Bullen to read I’m sure if we’ve just won 3-0, but if we’ve had a miserable season and a 12 point deduction, the discontented ones always shout the loudest.

Good choice for him to quit Twitter. He doesn’t need that abuse, but it will always happen if a team with a fan base our size doesn’t win every week.