Bullen, Thompson and Weaver

Guest Smackavolley

Guest Smackavolley

What's the feeling about these guys?

Will Bullen go 'upstairs' or still be involved coaching the first team.

Thompson back to U23's and Weaver back to coaching U16, U18 and U23 keepers? Tommy Lee has just left club, so there is a vacancy there.

Surprised there's been no announcements.

Edited by Smackavolley
typo

Guess only time will tell.

Bullen could still possibly be on the coaching team but it will be a step down from the role of assistant manager he was given when Monk took over. 

Weaver the same, not usual to work with 2 first team goalkeeper coaches so you would assume he’s not here or that he’s working with the younger lads. 

Guest Smackavolley

Surely we can speculate 😁

After all Owlstalk, is the epicentre for rumours and opinions about the OWLS in the Universe.

What do you think, lol?

They might not even read Owlstalk, so we might be able to comment and keep it secret from them 🤪

Edited by Smackavolley

Thompson is desribed as U/23 manager and since he has been missing results have not been the same. Think he will revert to that role. Weaver has effectively been replaced as he was Goalkeeping coach. He was moved up when Andy Rhodes left. I suspect he either leaves or reverts to former job.

Bullen sees himself as assistant manager and unless we have two assistant managers his role has gone. Monk clearly prefers working with Beattie and the recruitment of Hughes suggests he wants another first team coach and Hughes is very well regarded. Bullen does not get plaudits from other clubs and you can not see him being head hunted by anyone. I have a feeling he may leave or perhaps be put in charge of Academy, in not performed to expectations. Haslam is well liked by fans and those who play for him but not much finished product has come out of Academy and many who were highly touted have left.

Manchester City have raided us for our best staff regularly with strength and conditioning coach being latest. I suspect if Haslam or Bullen were good City would have come calling. 

I think that Bullen will go back to first team coach, Thompson back to his former role and Weaver takes a step back to the academy and U33s.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bullen knew the role was only temporary. In all fairness he’s done nothing to earn it rather than shadow a few managers who’ve not quite hit the standard required.

Weaver I feel needs a step back as out GK department has gone backwards a little, whether that’s down to the quality of Wildsmoth and Dawson or potential disruption with Westwood.

10 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think that Bullen will go back to first team coach, Thompson back to his former role and Weaver takes a step back to the academy and U33s.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bullen knew the role was only temporary. In all fairness he’s done nothing to earn it rather than shadow a few managers who’ve not quite hit the standard required.

Weaver I feel needs a step back as out GK department has gone backwards a little, whether that’s down to the quality of Wildsmoth and Dawson or potential disruption with Westwood.

Chiffon hell. No wonder the academy gets so much stick. 

It's an academy for walking football.

• Haha 3

Hopefully all 3 will move down to the u23s. Hopefully then our u23s players and potential u23 players will see a clear route to the first team and the opportunity to get game time at u23 level with a coaching team that are both passionate about the team they work for and have worked at all levels of

• Like 1

They have been good servants of the club, however if they aren't up to the job (not saying that is the case) or if we can get better they need to be moved on. We can't afford sentimentality.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

Thompson back to U23's and Weaver back to coaching U16, U18 and U23 keepers? Tommy Lee has just left club, so there is a vacancy there.

Surprised there's been no announcements.

Christ we really did sign a Motley Crew!

Edited by GMOwl72