Bullen, Thompson and Weaver

Guest Smackavolley

For some time now there has been suggestion of a suggestion of a poor culture within the club. If true then it's good that a new wave of experienced staff have been brought in. Results are key and they've been poor.

Whilst it may be true to say staff have been loyal to the club, it is equally true to say the club has been loyal to the staff to the point that they still have jobs after a poor season. 

Fresh start , I like bullen but can’t see where he fits in now, Monk has his own plans and wants certain staff around him , it’s make or break time for him and i think given time him and his coaching team will be successful ,it will take time 

18 hours ago, Smackavolley said:

What's the feeling about these guys?

Will Bullen go 'upstairs' or still be involved coaching the first team.

Thompson back to U23's and Weaver back to coaching U16, U18 and U23 keepers? Tommy Lee has just left club, so there is a vacancy there.

Surprised there's been no announcements.

They are the first three D-Taxi’s drivers. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I don't get the nastiness to people like Bullen and Weaver - proud Wednesdayites both. I have no idea about the ins and outs and daily job they do.  I don't think many on here do so why resort to snide comments. Be nice. 

It would be interesting to witness some first team training - actual tactical sessions rather then the bog standard fitness and piggy in the middle stuff. Bullen must obviously have passed his A licence to be coaching at this level but Id love to actually witness some of our sessions.

Still think Bullen should be given a role within the club.

Thompson to concentrate on u23 possibly with Weaver.

Whilst Weaver has been goalkeeping coach sine Andy Rhodes left you have to say Dawson and Wildsmith haven't developed if anything they have got worse!

Guest Therealrealist

Why does bullen need to be given a role? If monk doesn’t want or need him he shud be let go..he’s done very very well out of swfc..please explain why he shud be needlessly kept on

Guest Kameron

Get the lot out and freshen it up, I'm no fan of Monk and would have happily waved him good bye but the cosy club has got to be disbanded. It's part of what has held us back for years.

For all I think Bullen needed to be replaced, do think he has something to offer. Whether he wants, or Monk wants him involved with the first team is the question. 

Personally l, think he'd be a good fit working with the u23's with Thompson. 

Always good to have a Wednesday fan in the building and think both his and Weavers enthusiasm for the club would benefit the youth players, while strengthening the pathway to the first team, given they have an idea of what Monk wants  

19 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Still think Bullen should be given a role within the club.

Thompson to concentrate on u23 possibly with Weaver.

Whilst Weaver has been goalkeeping coach sine Andy Rhodes left you have to say Dawson and Wildsmith haven't developed if anything they have got worse!

I've got a lot of time for Bully, and as you say I hope something is found for him. But being a long time servant of the club doesn't give him an entitlement to a job. He needs to perform, and as others have noted the coaching has become a bit stale and we're not really improving players. He and Weaver may have their badges, but there's a difference between coaching by the manual and incorporating new and innovative ideas.

Bullen has deleted his twitter account. Pretty sad actually. How has it come to this?  he’s good at engaging with fans, and uses his position at the club to bring a little bit of joy to various people on twitter. Soon enough there’ll be no one at club engaging on twitter...just the generic messages from the official twitter account. 

I find this obsession with blaming him for everything really really strange.  

Edited by bigdan2003
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Bullen has deleted his twitter account. Pretty sad actually. How has it come to this?  he’s good at engaging with fans, and uses his position at the club to bring a little bit of joy to various people on twitter. Soon enough there’ll be no one at club engaging on twitter...just the generic messages from the official twitter account. 

I find this obsession with blaming him for everything really really strange.  

Quite. 

We have some right oddballs  in our fanbase. 

We appointed some new coaching staff, so the mouth breathers start tweeting abuse at one of the current coaching staff? 

Bizarre. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Bullen has deleted his twitter account. Pretty sad actually. How has it come to this?  he’s good at engaging with fans, and uses his position at the club to bring a little bit of joy to various people on twitter. Soon enough there’ll be no one at club engaging on twitter...just the generic messages from the office twitter account. 

Sad if he feels like he has to delete his twitter account but he does come across as too sensitive at times.
I think he blocked me when I didn't even criticise him.

More likely I was being critical towards something at Wednesday which is hardly difficult these days.