Bullen, Thompson and Weaver

Guest Smackavolley

22 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

From what I’ve seen over the years, Bullen doesn’t deserve any criticism in all his time at the club, from a player to coach to caretaker manager all he has done is his best for the club and at times been put in some awkward positions but he has shone as a dedicated, reliable and honest bloke throughout his time.

Bullen is an asset to SWFC!!!!!

He really is

Those pouring scorn and hate on him don't have anything other than 'he blocked me/my mate on twitter' to tell us 

It's tiresome hearing it from them

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Smackavolley
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He really is

Those pouring scorn and hate on him don't have anything other than 'he blocked me/my mate on twitter' to tell us 

It's tiresome hearing it from them

The 2 development teams now have a few coaches who have played the game and importantly, played for Wednesday.

I think it's a big boost for the young players coming through. It will be interesting to see if our U18's and U23's do better this season than last.

I wish Bullen and Weaver all the best.

I think the current situation is as responsible for this as anything. The club seems to be moving backwards and is more disconnected from the fan base now than it’s ever been? Add in to the equation arguably paying the highest ticket prices in the division and the criticism and for the want of a better word, hate is going to flow?

It’s obviously not right or acceptable but I think the atmosphere on here at time is indicative of our current situation. Some posters come over holier than thou and when the posters who come under fire from them respond, it’s them who get their wrists slapped.

As I’ve said many times before I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and I can accept it with good grace and humour if someone disagrees with me. Once one poster who hasn’t met me from adam said one of my posts showed me up for the person I am? 😂 Well that’s what the ignore facility is for? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Jim

20 minutes ago, Smackavolley said:

The 2 development teams now have a few coaches who have played the game and importantly, played for Wednesday.

I think it's a big boost for the young players coming through. It will be interesting to see if our U18's and U23's do better this season than last.

I wish Bullen and Weaver all the best.

Absolutely - it's a great move really and the youngsters will really benefit from these guys experience

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Still think Bullen should be given a role within the club.

Thompson to concentrate on u23 possibly with Weaver.

Whilst Weaver has been goalkeeping coach sine Andy Rhodes left you have to say Dawson and Wildsmith haven't developed if anything they have got worse!

Plenty for Bullen to do. He is a very loyal and flexible servant to the club. He can organise the plastic cut-outs, liaise between newcomers and old-hands, and still be there as stand-in manager when needed. 

To me this makes perfect sense restructuring. We’ve added 3 new members to the first team coaching set up (as Thompson was already there last season) and also given Bullen and Weaver fresh roles whilst keeping them on at the club. 

Hopefully this will bring a freshness to the first team, development squad and the academy. It’s been long overdue IMO (no slight on Bullen and Weaver) especially now the bulk of the squad is to be refreshed too.

Guest Grandad
23 hours ago, BRADDO said:

It's time for a shake up from top to bottom. Move em on. 

Really don't understand this attitude.

Talk to me about Thompson

what do you know of the work he has done at Sheffield Wednesday since he arrived. In detail

49 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Really don't understand this attitude.

Talk to me about Thompson

what do you know of the work he has done at Sheffield Wednesday since he arrived. In detail

I didn't insist that you understood. Neil keeps insisting that every poster has a right to their own opinions on here. This is my opinion. I want a root and branch overhaul of our club from top to bottom. The club is a stinking failure from the old coaching set up to DC himself. 

Can you at least understand that? 

Guest Grandad
19 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I didn't insist that you understood. Neil keeps insisting that every poster has a right to their own opinions on here. This is my opinion. I want a root and branch overhaul of our club from top to bottom. The club is a stinking failure from the old coaching set up to DC himself. 

So you'd be happy to see staff move on - regardless of whether that individual has done a good job or not?

Bin the lot

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

So you'd be happy to see staff move on - regardless of whether that individual has done a good job or not?

Bin the lot

Well, considering the club has been a car crash for three seasons, millions spent for regression and little evidence of players being coached to improvement, yes. 

38 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

We are seeing an overhaul, and happy to see Neil Thompson promoted. Bullen & Weaver working withe younger players again. We have new coaching staff in place, what else are you wanting ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

We are seeing an overhaul, and happy to see Neil Thompson promoted. Bullen & Weaver working withe younger players again. We have new coaching staff in place, what else are you wanting ?

I think you've misunderstood me. I'm not going over it again but I'm delighted that Monk finally has his own staff around him. 

Can’t be bothered to start a new topic ... BUT 

Isn’t  it embarrassing to be a Wednesdayite when Lee Bullen the captain who led us to that play off final win in 2005, the fella who has made Sheffield his home and has answered the call every single time the club has needed him to step upto the plate in recent times ...  Has to delete his social media account because he’s no longer prepared to listen to the pure abuse he gets off his own fans 

What excuses we making as a fan base this time ??  Twitters not real ?  Players/staff shouldn’t read it ?   Small minority again is it ?

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Can’t be bothered to start a new topic ... BUT 

Isn’t  it embarrassing to be a Wednesdayite when Lee Bullen the captain who led us to that play off final win in 2005, the fella who has made Sheffield his home and has answered the call every single time the club has needed him to step upto the plate in recent times ...  Has to delete his social media account because he’s no longer prepared to listen to the pure abuse he gets off his own fans 

What excuses we making as a fan base this time ??  Twitters not real ?  Players/staff shouldn’t read it ?   Small minority again is it ?

It's ridiculous and obviously doesn't make it right, but it will be a small minority again, won't it?

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's ridiculous and obviously doesn't make it right, but it will be a small minority again, won't it?

I don’t honestly know 

If it is , the majority need to start making more noise 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t honestly know 

If it is , the majority need to start making more noise 

The majority won't be on Twitter, though. They simply won't be aware of what's being said.

Unfortunately, as a platform it tends to trade in extremes, trolling and attention-seeking.

• Like 1