Sheffield Wednesdays new season could start two weeks early

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not clicked on the link but judging by the comments if it’s just the Carabao then I’m afraid we’ve much more pressing matters at hand.

It's the star website, so I won't click on it. 

1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

My engine still has some gas in it, I can do a bit of deep sitting fetching and carrying, can spin on a sixpence and fizz a 70 yard ball up to the big man...i.e. the Bazza role.....wait a minute!!.....we could just pass to each other all game JOCOWl !!

Could do, as long as I'm on penalties. ... Stats will look great... Apart from the one that matters but that's OK. 

4 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

If swfc have to start their season with a Carabao cup tie, I'd treat it as just another "pre season" game, because I couldn't care less about that competition this coming season, it's all about getting a decent start in the league, right it off. 

Just my two penneth like. 

Bang on, next season is about getting off to a good start, getting out of a negative points tally as quick as possible and staying in the division.

The cup competitions really don’t matter.

• Like 1

I honestly can't see the point of the league cup next season.

It's probably only being played so the EFL don't have to pay money back in sponsorship and tv payments.

I don't care if we go out in first round.

Staying up is the first priority.

2 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Well I'll volunteer to dig out my old black boots and turn out for us. Not got the engine I used to have so would sit back as a defensive midfielder and sweep up, spraying the ball 50 yard to feet and controlling the game.. Ie the joey role. 

I could join you but I am 💩💩💩 now.

Come to think of it I was 💩💩💩 in the eighties. 

Edited by owlmark

Use the games as real proper competitive friendlies. Get some confidence and a winning run going for me. 

I don't get this meh it doesn't matter if we lose its only the league Cup. 

I've played rugby with kiwis and aussies in the side. They're known for there 100% winning mentality and they don't like even losing pre season friendlies. 

That for me is exactly the attitude you need to get that toughness and winners mentity in a side. No game is easy, every time you pull the shirt on you go out to win. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owlmark said:

I could join you but I am 💩💩💩 now.

Come to think of it I was 💩💩💩 in the eighties. 

Result... We can prove all the doubters wrong that say we'll be relegated by Xmas... We'll be gone well before then. 

• Haha 1