Benajmin Bloom's Overview of the -12 Verdict

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn't you watch it?

lol

Yes...keeping saying we don't  know anything  about what reaction the club give doesn't  help the poor helpless souls on here does it. Stating the bleeding obvious is an easy get out

Edited by daveyboy66

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Hang on isnt that why you posted it on here? Do you think it's  some insightful knowledge to enlighten us ?

I can understand some amazing witty criticism of the video, but all the 'poor helpless souls on here' nonsense just needs to stop now mate.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I can understand some amazing witty criticism of the video, but all the 'poor helpless souls on here' nonsense just needs to stop now mate.

FFS aren't you  getting a bit precious here...a bit of irony I would have thought would be what this site has always been about  🤣

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

FFS aren't you  getting a bit precious here...a bit of irony I would have thought would be what this site has always been about  🤣

I don't mind anyone discussing the topics at all, debating the points, talking about what's being discussed

But we have to start to draw a line about all this 'poor helpless souls on here' type stuff

It's divisive, antagonistic (but you know that already) and is just tiresome

If you see someone you disagree with, debate their point with them and prove them wrong

But if we could all just agree to drop the ''poor helpless souls on here' type stuff and just get along the place would be a more positive one 

That's all 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't mind anyone discussing the topics at all, debating the points, talking about what's being discussed

But we have to start to draw a line about all this 'poor helpless souls on here' type stuff

It's divisive, antagonistic (but you know that already) and is just tiresome

If you see someone you disagree with, debate their point with them and prove them wrong

But if we could all just agree to drop the ''poor helpless souls on here' type stuff and just get along the place would be a more positive one 

That's all 👍

Ok mate...I'll toe the line 🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

The poor helpless souls would be better off seeking enlightenment from their priest, imam, shrink, or even their local Monk - yes, try him, he must know what's going on.

But in fact the original video is a remarkably clear, concise and unbiased summary up to Friday evening.

My personal view is that the points' deduction was deferred to next season because EFL knew that if we were relegated, then Chansiri being a proud and obstinate man, would appeal the relegation thereby throwing two divisions' fixture lists into such confusion that the beginning of next season would have been delayed. Hope this helps! 

4 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Speaks well and very clear, and basically says the EFL can do what ever they want !!    Think we should all start lobbying for a Premiership 2, and get out of this Micky mouse run league !!!   UTO 

Who is going to fund a PL2? 

It would require either the current top 20 teams to surrender a portion of their current PL income, or for the broadcasters to pump more money into a seperate league.

To expect either would be p i s s ing into the wind, frankly. And besides, the vast majority of EFL clubs seem to work within P&S without too many issues, so don't expect other championship clubs to be queuing up to back it either.

Here's a novel idea, how about our owner sorts himself out and appoints a few knowledgeable football people to run the club properly. Then maybe, just maybe in a season or two, we can get out of this league by the conventional route, without gambling away the family silver, like countless other clubs do.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, Tea Baggins said:

Hes a good bloke. Spoke at length to him before Leeds at home last season.

Is he the guy that ages backwards?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You should rampage through the corporate dining area in ya jeans shouting that at next home game

lol

Bloody good thing he earns more than his gaffer! Category C match is just £1,499 + VAT

:Chansiri:

10 hours ago, johnnyfoxhill owl said:

Isn't it the league cup where the EFL get 10% of the gate money from the home team,if so and were drawn at home,why doesn't everybody boycott it.after all as chansiri says our gate money doesn't count for owt.that way the c@nts at the EFL get f#ck all from us.

After next season I’ll be boycotting every match until Chansiri is gone.

14 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Who is going to fund a PL2? 

It would require either the current top 20 teams to surrender a portion of their current PL income, or for the broadcasters to pump more money into a seperate league.

To expect either would be p i s s ing into the wind, frankly. And besides, the vast majority of EFL clubs seem to work within P&S without too many issues, so don't expect other championship clubs to be queuing up to back it either.

Here's a novel idea, how about our owner sorts himself out and appoints a few knowledgeable football people to run the club properly. Then maybe, just maybe in a season or two, we can get out of this league by the conventional route, without gambling away the family silver, like countless other clubs do.

Who funded the premier league when it was launched ?  And look at the monster it is now !  A premier league 2 would only grow as well,   Has for your novel idea, it sounds ok but I’m afraid getting out of the championship as become the biggest gamble ever !!   UTO 

15 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

The poor helpless souls would be better off seeking enlightenment from their priest, imam, shrink, or even their local Monk - yes, try him, he must know what's going on.

But in fact the original video is a remarkably clear, concise and unbiased summary up to Friday evening.

My personal view is that the points' deduction was deferred to next season because EFL knew that if we were relegated, then Chansiri being a proud and obstinate man, would appeal the relegation thereby throwing two divisions' fixture lists into such confusion that the beginning of next season would have been delayed. Hope this helps! 

I thought the punishment was the decision of the independent tribunal.

8 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I thought the punishment was the decision of the independent tribunal.

The guilty verdict and 12 point deduction comes from the tribunal but not clear where the deferral to next season comes from. Always a good idea to mistrust the word 'independent' anyway.  

According to the Daily Mirror: 

'Had the EFL elected to impose the deduction now, taking it away from their 2019-20 total, then they (Sheffield Wednesday) would have found themselves in the third tier next term.'

Except that Chansiri would/could have appealed the relegation, in a court of law if necessary, and then two EFL divisions would be in doubt regarding their composition and without definite fixture lists.

Any alternative reason for the deferral of the points' deduction to next season?