So which players do you think will come/sign/return?

Oh and the same applies to buying or loaning youngsters from the Premiership. When Onomah came here on loan he was an established Under-21 international but was pretty gash in the games he played for us. Those we have been talking about don't have anything like that pedigree so we shouldn't, by right, expect them to be any better. Of course we'll all hope they turn into Brunts and Whelans but it's always a risky business.

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Now we've got -12 points next season which players do you think will come out of the ones we've been linked with?

Will Nuhiu/Lee re-sign?

Will Windass return?

Connor Wickham?

Never going to come here, too much on wages.

We will attract players who want to came here to further their career's

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Any common sense, we would look to bringing in the stars of the lower leagues in. They’ll join, regardless of the situation, plus play with no fear.

Yeah would agree would much rather we look to the lower leagues in our situation and say which are the best we can get from there, rather them see how many Man City players they are not keen on in their u23s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I think you’ll find more bargains like this than 10m rated strikers like Tony was my point but i agree. 

The thing is, we don’t need a squad of talent, we need a squad of heart, fight and spirit first and foremost. Teams such as Barnsley, Millwall, Luton etc don’t beat others on this league because of the quality of the players so to say. We’ve lost that fight, instead believing we have a right to do what we want. 

Quality can come later, for me I just want a team/squad of players that compete. If that means shipping out some of my / fan favourites so be it. But shipping can wait as we have too many gaps to plug first. 

We’ve already got talent and quality in Iorfa, Borner, Reach, Harris & Bannan. Like you say, what we need are the grafters and the tryers to knit the side together. For too long we’ve been an uneven team with an erratic attitude to winning games.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jack whitham said:

Only Lee out of that list please.

I used to live near Lee and used to see him around town and at the hospital where his g/f works as a nurse. He loves being at Wednesday, I haven't spoken with him for a while, but I think he would stay if he was offered any half decent contract, hope he does.

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Thats the narrative, and yet we apparently offered new terms to Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri. Now we are considering new deals for Lee and Nuhiu? I’m really struggling to understand our thinking here. The manager has been very vocal about the need for a clear out, and a major rebuild, so had all those players accepted their new deals, who exactly would have left?

If thev first 3 were offered new deals I hope it was on therms approprite to their contribution and the constrained transfer market. Fletcher reduced wages  Forestieri, about £10k pw considering his contributions in the last 3 years. ( maybe he should sign for no wages all things considered. Fox can get an increase if he keeps up his improvement...maybe.

Maybe that's what was offered and why the first 2 were on their bikes. Fox probably wouldn't have signed however large the wage.

Given the current situation with the potential to have empty stadiums until next year I envisage clubs operating with smaller squads. Players will probably jump at the opportunity if an offer is made. For us I'd like to take a long term view and identify people on frees or loans from the premier league.