GARRY MONK vs NEW MANAGER THREAD

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah i'm used to it by now mate (or blind to it)

Numb to it after all these years

lol

Hope you're safe and well

Yeah all good, whatever happens we’re still t’best club in t’work & have t’best fans! UTO

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Be stupid to let him go. I can't see us having any money to spend, and brining in another manager would cost more money. Id be surprised if we can even bring in loan signings as we'd have to pay part/all if there wages.

Let who go?  Monk? Not a question of letting him go! Just of getting rid!  Then onwards and upwards. 

7 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Be stupid to let him go. I can't see us having any money to spend, and brining in another manager would cost more money. Id be surprised if we can even bring in loan signings as we'd have to pay part/all if there wages.

There might now be more of a case for getting rid of Garry 'I know what a winning dressing room looks like' Monk in this situation.

Next season we will need a manager who is a great man manager and motivator to fire up the players to overcome the points handicap. I don't think Monk is capable of that.

11 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I think Monk knew this was coming. I think DC did as well. We’re set up for a rebuild & Monk will be doing it. Have to accept that now.

At least he hasn’t walked away like Cook. We’d be even further behind in our preparations if he had. 

Agree, the season was wasted the minute Bruce walked last summer. 

Let's hope we get the Monk pre Christmas, than post Christmas. A lot depends on the backing of DC though, not only to overhaul the squad, but to add to the coaching staff.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

As above... With vast majority of the fans wanting Monk out the door, who will really want to come and take on this mess.

Just have to back Monk now at least until November. Hopefully he’s given chance to bring in some more young players.

We have been in far worse positions... Up the owls

The v

17 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

As above... With vast majority of the fans wanting Monk out the door, who will really want to come and take on this mess.

Just have to back Monk now at least until November. Hopefully he’s given chance to bring in some more young players.

We have been in far worse positions... Up the owls

Good and how do you come to the presumption that the Vast majority want Monk out? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Monk did well with his hands tied and a points deduction hanging over his head at Birmingham.

15 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Ironically, Garry Monk is almost THE perfect manager to have in our position.

He absolutely bossed it at Birmingham with that team under a real financial mess.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Literally the only person with a proven track record of steering a club with a minus points deficit to success = Garry Monk

Birmingham were never in serious danger of relegation in 18-19 even with the 9 points deduction.

That was entirely due to the 3 teams at the bottom being so poor. Rotherham 40 pts, Bolton 32 pts, Ipswich 31 pts.

Birmingham only won 2 of the last 12 games that season under Monk.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Birmingham were never in serious danger of relegation in 18-19 even with the 9 points deduction.

That was entirely due to the 3 teams at the bottom being so poor. Rotherham 40 pts, Bolton 32 pts, Ipswich 31 pts.

Ahhhhh I didn't realise that's how it worked when looking at manager's achievements

That puts a whole new spin on a lot of things I believed up to this point

lol

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Birmingham didn't have Chansiri as owner.

No they didn't,but they appointed that very,very over rated "wheeler dealer" Redknapp,agreed to spaff all their cash on expensive players,and got done for it.thank the lord swfc have never ever appointed that guy as manager.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhhh I didn't realise that's how it worked when looking at manager's achievements

That puts a whole new spin on a lot of things I believed up to this point

lol

"steering a club with a minus points deficit to

success"

I'd hardly describe it as 'success'.

They would have finished 14th without the points deduction. They ended up in 17th,  12 points above the relegation places.

That was despite winning only 2 of their last 12 matches. 

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

"steering a club with a minus points deficit to

success"

I'd hardly describe it as 'success'.

I think most people would consider a manager taking a club with a huge minus points deficit to safety as a definite success

Otherwise why are people wanting to change our manager?

lol

Pure logic

Owlstalk Shop