GARRY MONK vs NEW MANAGER THREAD

Just now, Jim said:

I think the next 2 weeks or so will tell us a lot about whether Monk is up to it or not or as at least the stomach for a fight?

You've told us (numerous times every single day in every single thread) over the last 6 months that he's not

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Remind me what coaching and management team we've currently put in place for the manager to support him and give our club the best chance of success?

I mentioned it before and it looks like I have to mention it again.

Just how man masseurs do you want at the club.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You've told us (numerous times every single day in every single thread) over the last 6 months that he's not

I know and that’s what I believe but I’m suggesting he could yet prove me wrong which he could. TBH I don’t care whether I’m right or wrong. I just want to see us give it real a go next season rather than just wave the white flag of surrender like we did last season?

And for balance there’s been posters on here telling us every day for the last 12 months how cr@p the Chairman is but you probably agree with them so you don’t reply to them as much as me?

Starting off the season on minus 12 points will surely now make DC look at the overall managerial structure. Monks recruitment plans will now have to change with the type of players he would have wanted. I wasn't feeling very confident about next season anyway and that wasn't including the minus 12 deficit. We was probably looking at mid table at best so with the EFL outcome now taking affect from the coming season we're going to no doubt be in a real dogfight right to the very end. Is Monk the kind of manager that can put together a squad of players that will run through walls? Is he the kind of manager that can transform a player?  Is he the kind of manager that the right players want to come and play for? If not then this coming season looks bleak. 

Sack Monk now, get that Wigan chap in.

If after four games we are not back at 0 points, sack him too.

Sack the next guy before he even manages a game (better safe than sorry) and then put his assistant in charge for one game (which we lose).  Sack him.

Just sack everyone, all the time.

Anything else is folly.

• Like 2

Just now, Ian_D said:

Now the dust settles on yesterday's news, is Monk the man to get us 62 points next season?  That should be the chairman's main thought over the next few days.

The chairman's main thought should not be about Monk, it should be about his own absolute 100% complete and utter fizz up.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Won't need 62 because Rotherham, Wycombe and at least one of Luton, Barnsley, Coventry, Huddersfield, QPR etc won't get 50

Guest wilyfox

Can Chansiri lure good players? He needs to salvage this situation he got us into. I don’t agree with people using this as a stick to beat Monk with. 

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Won't need 62 because Rotherham, Wycombe and at least one of Luton, Barnsley, Coventry, Huddersfield, QPR etc won't get 50

It needs to be the minimum target though,  we don't want to be going into the last couple of games with a chance of going down. 

We've just managed 56 points in a season, which would have seen us on 44 points and bottom with a 12 point deduction. And that was despite having play off form for the first half of the season and that squad's since been decimated with presumably little money available to rebuild it to the required standard. 

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

If monk is staying it’s critical that he is allowed his own coaching team in

If Chansiri won’t allow that then Monk is a dead man walking

If he gets Klopp, Guardiola and Brian Clough in, his tactics will still be awful. 

• Haha 1

Starting off the season on minus 12 points will surely now make DC look at the overall managerial structure. Monks recruitment plans will now have to change with the type of players he would have wanted. I wasn't feeling very confident about next season anyway and that wasn't including the minus 12 deficit. We was probably looking at mid table at best so with the EFL outcome now taking affect from the coming season we're going to no doubt be in a real dogfight right to the very end. Is Monk the kind of manager that can put together a squad of players that will run through walls? Is he the kind of manager that can transform a player?  Is he the kind of manager that the right players want to come and play for? If not then this coming season looks bleak. 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure forums are for you mate

Maybe you’re right, I’m a fan o’Owlstalk by the way, though 4/5 identical threads every couple o’weeks wi t’same comments, surely riles you don’t it?

1 minute ago, Andysowls said:

Maybe you’re right, I’m a fan o’Owlstalk by the way, though 4/5 identical threads every couple o’weeks wi t’same comments, surely riles you don’t it?

Nah i'm used to it by now mate (or blind to it)

Numb to it after all these years

lol

Hope you're safe and well

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop