BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Presumably because the audit partner was sufficiently convinced by the evidence presented to him/her by the Directors of SWFC Re the timing of the transaction but the financial analyst employed by the EFL and the IDP were not. If it was the same evidence then that it is a matter of professional judgment so two opposing views can be understood but if it transpires that it is because the evidence provided was different and or incomplete then the relationship between the Directors and Auditor is in big trouble. If the accounts for 18/19 are not already signed then more trouble may be coming Chansiri‘s way.

As I keep saying I have a real professional hat intrigue in all this. The secondary consequences to folk involved in all this 

Will the Club sue the auditors

Will the auditors sue the club

Will the professional regulators ask a few awkward questions

There could be money involved let's roll in the PI insurers for good measure

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

One man got us into this mess and we are relying on the same man to get us out of it!?

It is unlikely DC is going anywhere so his only option is to change the way the club is run. Can he do it?  Does he have the will or the ability? 

Personally I dont think so, a complete management restructure is needed quickly, a proper chairman, CEO, DOF etc. should be the first order of business. We can then look at recruiting the coaching and playing staff to do the business on the pitch.

This needs to happen sharpish so we will soon see if he has learned his lesson and whether he can swallow his pride.

Interesting times...

That may have been a recommendation of the panel to improve the clubs internal governance processes

Who knows

Guest Bulgaria
54 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:
1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

I think we have a few to base next season on. Dawson, Wildsmith, Iorfa, Borner, Palmer, Bannan, Luongo

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a bid for Bannan and we let him go.

6 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Still hearing that Admin rumour,  told that Chansiri DID threaten the EFL with it

Ok....

Let's look at this...

Who've you heard THAT from?

Who did THEY hear it from?

Why would that detail come out of the hush hush meeting that nobody could get a sniff of over the last month or so?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ok....

Let's look at this...

Who've you heard THAT from?

Who did THEY hear it from?

Why would that detail come out of the hush hush meeting that nobody could get a sniff of over the last month or so?

TBH I’ve heard the same. 

But

I can’t understand, why the EFL would change their stance because DC threatened admin. Why would the EFL care?

Does this whole sorry episode not show how incompetent Chansiri is as a business man let alone a footballing man.

Surley at the start of the 17-18 season he would have had some clue as to how much money we were going to lose, so why take so long to buy Hillsborough?

Why couldn't he have done it in November of 2017 and have the sale date then in the same year as the accounts!

Why wait until June 2018? Did the £35 million loss come as a shock to him and then he decided to do something about it when it was too late!

• Like 2

Just now, jonnyowl said:

Does this whole sorry episode not show how incompetent Chansiri is as a business man let alone a footballing man.

Surley at the start of the 17-18 season he would have had some clue as to how much money we were going to lose, so why take so long to buy Hillsborough?

Why couldn't he have done it in November of 2017 and have the sale date then in the same year as the accounts!

Why wait until June 2018? Did the £35 million loss come as a shock to him and then he decided to do something about it when it was too late!

Was talking about this last night. When he sacked Carlos in 2017 and employed Looky, he must have known we weren’t going up that year. That was his third year as owner. So by the end of that season (17/18) he was 3 years in. With losses accruing. Why didn’t he sell the ground then. My only guess is he thought we’d go up the following season. 

5 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

TBH I’ve heard the same. 

But

I can’t understand, why the EFL would change their stance because DC threatened admin. Why would the EFL care?

Exactly

They wouldn't 

There's no reason at all for them to be bothered in the slightest!

lol

Owlstalk Shop

This feels like it been coming for a long time.

We finally got to this point. 

We have to make sure that this is our lowest point.

God help us if it isn’t. 

Terrible management of a business. Not much we could’ve done worse.  

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be shifting on players like Adam Reach first to be honest

ASAP too

Agree.

Think a few clubs will be sniffing at Bannan and Reach now.

Reach needs a new start somewhere else, I believe we would get our money back on him.

Just now, Bulgaria said:

Agree.

Think a few clubs will be sniffing at Bannan and Reach now.

Reach needs a new start somewhere else, I believe we would get our money back on him.

Dont' wanna ever criticise a player of ours but I just cant see Adam Reach being a player I'd want running onto a pitch in a relegation battle

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ferkorf
13 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we get a bid for Bannan and we let him go.

Hopefully we do, a very good player but hes either too good to play with the rabble we have or too arrogant to change his style of play.

Running back to the goalkeeper and playing a quarterback pass upfield which costs us possession 80% of the time isn't good enough

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

This feels like it been coming for a long time.

We finally got to this point. 

We have to make sure that this is our lowest point.

God help us if it isn’t. 

Terrible management of a business. Not much we could’ve done worse.  

Sadly, we aren’t at our lowest possible point. 

I would love to be proved wrong here but unless the Chairman and Manager can galvanise our club and our recruitment is spot on, I fear relegation next season. 

Just too many issues at the club for me. It’s not a negative post, just realistic. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Ferkorf
12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be shifting on players like Adam Reach first to be honest

ASAP too

I forgot he still played for us

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont' wanna ever criticise a player of ours but I just cant see Adam Reach being a player I'd want running onto a pitch in a relegation battle

He will flourish at a top of the table side, there is a good player in there, but as you say, not one for a battle.

I can see Norwich or Even Bournemouth coming in for him.

2 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

He will flourish at a top of the table side, there is a good player in there, but as you say, not one for a battle.

I can see Norwich or Even Bournemouth coming in for him.

Not one for a battle?  He battled his heart out when the squad was depleted by injuries a couple of seasons ago or so.

Just needs to be played in the same role instead of a different role more or less every game.

• Like 2