BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

3 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

A few things that in my view are pretty clear going forward:

1: we are stuck with Monk at least for another half season. We may aswell give him the benefit of the doubt, get behind him and then judge him on what he has wanted so much,  a clean slate with an ability to shape his own squad.

2: no change in ownership. We as fans shouldn't waste any time wondering or campaigning for a change of ownership. There are so many obvious reasons why DC isn't selling up. We need to Iive with this and hope to God he starts making savvy decisions.

3: The ability to attract good players might not be as hard as we think. Many fans have said we need to look at The lower leagues and seek out the rough diamonds. Minus 12 doesn't change that it just emphasis this required philosophy even more. 

This isn't a happy clapper approach and I hate the fact the early season optimism is taken away from us by this deduction but...there is an opportunity now and the next 5 weeks or so of recruitment will tell us a hell of a lot.

Good post.

But why do you say it is clear Monk will stay? There must be a good chance Monk will be sacked in the next week or so?

We will need a squad of warriors to get out of this. Some players will cruise through thinking relegation is a given. They have been mid table for 3 years not really playing for anything. I would look at those players who have dug the likes of barnsley, Luton and Wigan out of holes this season, they showed the stones to dig themselves out. 

27 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I dont think Derby will get a penalty.

Their case is about the valuation.

They didn't try and do anything dodgy with the accounts!

What did we do dodgy?

They were signed off.

We are deducted 12pts for breaching ffp rules. The efl said so.

Nothing at all to do with accounting.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We will need a squad of warriors to get out of this. Some players will cruise through thinking relegation is a given. They have been mid table for 3 years not really playing for anything. I would look at those players who have dug the likes of barnsley, Luton and Wigan out of holes this season, they showed the stones to dig themselves out. 

I think we have a few to base next season on. Dawson, Wildsmith, Iorfa, Borner, Palmer, Bannan, Luongo

Then there’s the new recruits and maybe retaining a couple of loans From last season. 

Main worry - as always, is goals. We need good recruitment there. 

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What did we do dodgy?

They were signed off.

Waiting for the full judgement - but it seems we weren’t allowed to put the sale of the club in the 17/18 seasons accounts. 

Not dodgy no. Nothing underhand really as the club seem to believe they were doing right. 

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What did we do dodgy?

They were signed off.

Well if there was nothing dodgy with the accounts in the 3 year period we did not break the £39million loss rule according to the accounts, so why have we been found guilty?

Selling the stadium in one financial year and putting it in the previous years accounts smells dodgy to me!

Keeping Monk is a bigger issue than 12 points. I’d happily  take the 12 point hit if it resulted in a change of management, throughout the club. From the top to the bottom. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 2

Most fans will adopt the siege mentality.

We will appeal so it could get better (but most likely worse 😂) and where we are now may not be where we are at the start of next season.

Football is broken, it is not all our own fault.

Owlstalk is not representative of our fanbase because it’s full of big, moaningfannies!

Come on Wednesday!

The End.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I think we have a few to base next season on. Dawson, Wildsmith, Iorfa, Borner, Palmer, Bannan, Luongo

Then there’s the new recruits and maybe retaining a couple of loans From last season. 

Main worry - as always, is goals. We need good recruitment there. 

Dawson and Wildsmith are part of the problem IMO. We wouldn’t have been anywhere near the drop zone had they not played regularly. A new keeper is a necessity because we’ll continue to concede 2 goals a game with either of them as regulars and we certainly can’t afford that now.

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Well if there was nothing dodgy with the accounts in the 3 year period we did not break the £39million loss rule according to the accounts, so why have we been found guilty?

Selling the stadium in one financial year and putting it in the previous years accounts smells dodgy to me!

Because it is acceptable to do so.

But not acceptable under efl rules.

We gave not been found guilty of 'dodgy accounting'.

I think the accounting point here is well dodgy. How can you account for a sale to someone years before the transaction happened or even the company you sold to was even set up🤨

But it just highlights the whole FFP / P&S as a farce.

Chansiri has obviously got the money and sees that we're going to need a major cash boost. The loopholes the EFL make people jump through to invest in their own club is ridiculous.

If he was just allowed to spend what he wanted we wouldn't have D taxis, his name plastered all over the stadium, name on our shirts, 10 year season tickets, etc.

Guest Mcguigan

So, apologies if this has already been addressed, if the £38m profit has been excluded from the 17/18 accounts and that in turn has meant we've breached P&S limits. Where does that £38m profit sit now?

I'm presuming, although there's nothing on the companies house website, the 18/19 accounts are now filed. So is it too late to include the profit in there.

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Because it is acceptable to do so.

But not acceptable under efl rules.

We gave not been found guilty of 'dodgy accounting'.

I think we need to look in the rule book!

15/16 £9.8 million loss

16/17 £20.8 million loss

17 /18 £2.5 million profit!

That's a loss of £28.1 million over the 3 years!

If there is nothing wrong with the accounts then we are within the EFL rules of losing no more than £39 million over a three year period!

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

What did we do dodgy?

They were signed off.

We was charged in November in relation to the sale of Hillsborough.

This is from the EFL statement in November...

“The charges are in respect of a number of allegations regarding the process of how and when the stadium was sold and the inclusion of the profits in the 2017-18 accounts.”

Following a hearing on said charges we have been given a 12 point deduction.

So yes, we have done something dodgy. 

Birmingham were only deducted 9 last season for breaching FFP.