BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the moral of the story here is DON'T BREAK THE RULES and you'll be perfectly fine

Simplistic garbage.

Or break the rules at the right time or in the right way like Bournemouth Leicester Villa Wolves and you'll be perfectly fine.

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, rawowl said:

Young hungry players are what we need via good scouting and then with good coaching improve themselves and improve the team and we then sell if big money comes in for them.

I think you maybe on the wrong clubs forum.

This is for Sheffield Wednesday, we don't do that.

34 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Exactly, a complete lack of responsibility shown from our chairman. Totally disgusting.

The thing is, you just know what’s coming at the next fans forum....

He’ll get all defensive, he’ll bang on about how much money he has put into the club and continues to put in, he’ll claim certain other clubs have no ambition (all of which will no doubt finish above us in the league), he’ll defend the fact that our fans are getting ripped off by the club for tickets, shirts, etc and it’ll just be a complete and utter waste of time.

There will be no admission of any fault on his part (I’ve noticed in recent meetings he’s claimed that he always said we’d fall foul of FFP, completely forgetting the “we have plans” remark) and there’ll be no apology to the thousands of fans who have paid stupidly high ticket prices to watch him make the club worse than when he bought us.

This points deduction is entirely down to him and for me is unforgivable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Bramhall Owl said:

But have we broken any?

9 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

What exactly is the ‘rule’ that we’ve broken though?

The one that says you can't lose more than £39m over a 3 year rolling period.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It's ironic.

For most of the last 60 years we had no money, and we were bobbar as a result.

Now we've finally got money, but they won't let us spend it.

So we're still bobbar.

😀

9million on JR..oh they let us spend it alright lol 

Edited by keepitsteel89

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Infuriating how Wigan fought for their lives to try and stay up winning games and playing for the badge. Thrashing Hull 8-0 etc.

All we needed was to win two more games and we would go into this season on a level playing field. 

Spineless.

The fact they would have deducted off this season if it didn’t mean relegation doesn’t sit well with me at all I’ve gotta say 

Where’s the integrity of the League there ?? 

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

All we would have needed this season and the EFL would have given us the punishment this year and we go in to next season with a clean slate.

So all those lapses of concentration in the last minute of games, spineless performances, clueless tactics and terrible management of games really did make a difference.

The blame lies at one mans door but if these players showed a bit more fight throughout the season we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Everyone at SWFC hang your heads in shame. You don’t deserve this fanbase. 

Do we know this for certain though? 

Tbh, I find there to be a lack of rhyme and reason as to when these punishments are dished out.

Wigan get hit with a minus 12 this season in order to ensure they are punished with a maximum effect. On the other hand, we get hit with a minus 12 next season, even though minus 12 would have relegated this season.

Going by that logic, it appears they would have rather hit us with a minus 12 next season, irrespective of how many points we clocked up in the current one.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Infuriating how Wigan fought for their lives to try and stay up winning games and playing for the badge. Thrashing Hull 8-0 etc.

All we needed was to win two more games and we would go into this season on a level playing field. 

Spineless.

More reason Chansiri should have put in place a full and proper coaching staff to give the manager the support he needed to succeed

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Do we know this for certain though? 

Tbh, I find there to be a lack of rhyme and reason as to when these punishments are dished out.

Wigan get hit with a minus 12 this season in order to ensure they are punished with a maximum effect. On the other hand, we get hit with a minus 12 next season, even though minus 12 would have relegated this season.

Going by that logic, it appears they would have rather hit us with a minus 12 next season, irrespective of how many points we clocked up in the current one.

I 100% believe the delay in giving us the points deduction was because the panel didn’t know where we’d finish. They didn’t want to relegate us. 

In an ideal scenario for us and them we would have gained enough points to stay up with the deduction. But because we’re so crap we didn’t get enough points. So they’ve had to give them us for next season. 

Just like Birmingham last season. They gave them the deduction when they could neither go up or go down. 

Or is the fact that with Wigan it is pretty cut and dry? You go into admin, you get a points deduction. No need for an independent panel to go over that.

With us, it was much more complicated case, requiring independent panels, lawyers and so forth.

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I 100% believe the delay in giving us the points deduction was because the panel didn’t know where we’d finish. They didn’t want to relegate us. 

In an ideal scenario for us and them we would have gained enough points to stay up with the deduction. But because we’re so crap we didn’t get enough points. So they’ve had to give them us for next season. 

Just like Birmingham last season. They gave them the deduction when they could neither go up or go down. 

You might be right.

If I was Wigan, I'd be seething. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

not true. Birmingham were a couple a points above the relegation zone after the deduction I believe with 4 or so games left. 

5 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Get a grip we starting 12 points behind everyone else a good chance we go dwn nxt season u muppet .

Less of the insults pal. Your comment is unacceptable. I've no issues with anyone attacking my posts, but don't attack me. I hope that is understood. Now, back to your post.

Starting off in -12 points does not mean we will go down. That is your opinion only, and one you are trying to force on to other people. You are just upset because the club you no doubt love, is in a mess, due to a Chairman who is out of his depth. I get that. But get real. A ball hasn't even been kicked yet and already you are writing the team and the season off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2