BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Just too many issues at the club for me. It’s not a negative post, just realistic. 

This is where some people can’t separate the difference - the chairman too.... he’s failed to recognise the possible negative outcomes of decisions he makes... if you don’t do that you can expect more bad outcomes.   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

just can't see him changing it mate. New manager would have 5 weeks to assess the squad, make signings and get his approach across to the players. Its just not enough time.  

I could be wrong but if DC had enough of monk he would've pulled the trigger straight after boro game.  

Monk is cheap and up for the challenge. That may well be enough for DC for the time being. 

Hope you are wrong. What you say makes sense, but surely Monk’s last 6 months are SO dire that even loyal DC now sees sacking as the only way forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont' wanna ever criticise a player of ours but I just cant see Adam Reach being a player I'd want running onto a pitch in a relegation battle

This.......................i said at the start of last season that if he didnt adopt a more aggressive side to his physical and mental approach then his career will end up being what might have been , and to be honest this has been his worst season of the lot so with just one year left on his contract , if anyone is prepared to offer money we should take it and stop making the same mistakes over and over.

• Like 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Hope you are wrong. What you say makes sense, but surely Monk’s last 6 months are SO dire that even loyal DC now sees sacking as the only way forward.

Surely he would have done it straight after the final game of the season?

Monk's going nowhere 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not one for a battle?  He battled his heart out when the squad was depleted by injuries a couple of seasons ago or so.

Just needs to be played in the same role instead of a different role more or less every game.

Yes, he was instrumental in helping us out but that was 2 years ago.

He has value, we need new faces.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Surely he would have done it straight after the final game of the season?

Monk's going nowhere 

Yep spot on and people need to stop giving themselves a hernia about him. It’s not going to happen so move on and put your energy into something else

Edited by shez owl
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

As I keep saying I have a real professional hat intrigue in all this. The secondary consequences to folk involved in all this 

Will the Club sue the auditors

Will the auditors sue the club

Will the professional regulators ask a few awkward questions

There could be money involved let's roll in the PI insurers for good measure

The accounts are the responsibility of the directors so not sure how the club could sue the auditor.

The  auditor, if he feels he was misled would surely resign rather than sue.

The Regulator would presumably only be interested if a mistake was egregious or if the auditor had somehow colluded with the directors to file incorrect accounts. 
Charlton Athletic may be thinking about the auditors insurers.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I hope you are right! But I'm preparing to somehow imagine a way that he can build a squad and get results.  I've come to the conclusion that we need to get incredibly lucky with recruitment

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Frazzlebeak said:

Look on the bright side, shitstorm Friday back with a bang

And what a bang it was!

An all time great bang, I might add.

Sonofbert may disagree however.

9 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Hopefully we do, a very good player but hes either too good to play with the rabble we have or too arrogant to change his style of play.

Running back to the goalkeeper and playing a quarterback pass upfield which costs us possession 80% of the time isn't good enough

It wouldn’t be good enough, except that it’s not true.

On this page Bannan and Reach being criticised. Two of the 4 quality players we have left - I would only add Lees and Iorfa to that sadly-shrinking list.

Well...I think -12 in the Championshio is better than relegation to League One. Given the situation with COVD-19, I think there's a fair chance that a number of teams are unable to compete next season due to no fans being present in the ground. Throw in the lack of tv money down there and, well, the whole thing is shaping up to be a disaster.

As for us...embarrassing really. A points deduction and disdain/ridicule from fans of other clubs. We're now one of those clubs. Where do we go from here? Probably League One tbh. I struggle to see what we can realistically attract unless we are willing to offer greater financial incentive. Even then, it might take some convincing to get decent players to come here. A complete clusterfuck from top to bottom. For years, we've heard about FFP from the chairman and yet he seemed oblivious or intentionally ignorant as to the consequences of non-compliance. The fact he couldn't even sell the stadium to himself in time just about sums it up. 

As for the EFL...suppose they got what they wanted, or did they? Think there are serious questions to be asked about their ability to govern the leagues within their current structure. An independent panel decided our case and it seems to me that an independent board should be governing the EFL too. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It wouldn’t be good enough, except that it’s not true.

On this page Bannan and Reach being criticised. Two of the 4 quality players we have left - I would only add Lees and Iorfa to that sadly-shrinking list.

Nobody said Reach wasn't quality

Just that he's potentially not the type of player you'd automatically point to as a player you'd feature in a relegation battle

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, SiJ said:

Well...I think -12 in the Championshio is better than relegation to League One. Given the situation with COVD-19, I think there's a fair chance that a number of teams are unable to compete next season die to no fans being present in the ground. Throw in the lack of tv money down there and, well, the whole thing is shaping up to be a disaster.

As for us...embarrassing really. A points deduction and disdain/ridicule from fans of other clubs. We're now one of those clubs. Where do we go from here? Probably League One tbh. I struggle to see what we can realistically attract unless we are willing to offer greater financial incentive. Even then, it might take some convincing to get decent players to come here. A complete clusterfuck from top to bottom. For years, we've heard about FFP from the chairman and yet he seemed oblivious or intentionally ignorant as to the consequences of non-compliance. The fact he couldn't even sell the stadium to himself in time just about sums it up. 

As for the EFL...suppose they got what they wanted, or did they? Think there are serious questions to be asked about their ability to govern the leagues within their current structure. An independent panel decided our case and it seems to me that an independent board should be governing the EFL too. 

1 - Rules are set by the EFL at the start of the season (The EFL are the CLUBS themselves)

2 - All clubs agree to them and agree to abide by them

3 - We broke them

Owlstalk Shop

The second we kick off next season everyone on here will be willing us to win so all this "man up" and "grow a pair"  nonsense is ludicrous because when push comes to shove we will all be behind them.

Do i think Monk is the man to turn this around.....well no, I don`t but i think we are stuck with him so lets see.

What i simply cant fathom about the posters labelling fans whingers and moaningfannies is the blind acceptance of the state that DC has got this club into , a very long list of failures and awful decisions through all aspects of the organisation is met with a shrug and anyone who dares to complain that this is all happening whilst we shell out top dollar (yes...for this $hitshow...... top dollar) is laughably told that they wouldnt be wanted in the "trenches".

Just how far and HOW badly does this club have to be run to make them angry and demand change

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

1 - Rules are set by the EFL at the start of the season (The EFL are the CLUBS themselves)

2 - All clubs agree to them and agree to abide by them

3 - We broke them

Excuse but, where did I dispute any of that? 

All I’m saying is going into a new season MAYBE this might inject some fire into all the players and everyone at the club, we’ve got something to fight for now and prove. What we’ve been missing after lockdown all last season. Maybe if we acc get behind our team they might be able to turn this around, even if your not behind the manager or the chairman, there not going anywhere anytime soon so get over it