BREAKING NEWS - EFL VERDICT - 12 POINTS

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Corporation tax??

Stamp Duty?

Even if no Corporation tax was paid in the year, he's reduced losses which can be used in future years. 

We've definitely not avoided tax. 

Corp tax - I don't think they will unduly worry about losses being used as I doubt we will ever get into the territory of using the rest of them

I am interested in how it worked as the accounting period was 14 months and the interaction between trading losses and chargeable gains here

Stamp duty - as its not a transfer within a group this could be a cost. Not an area I get heavily involved in but its a transaction tax so unless there was an exemption or relief it was payable. But by the purchasing company not SWFC

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The EFL usually appeal everything so that other clubs can’t come after them. So I fully expect both swfc and EFL to appeal. Or at least the latter.

But an appeal, I understand, is more about whether due process is correct. Rather than the judgement of the panel. Like a judicial review. But I could be wrong 

94.7 Following a Disciplinary Appeal, the League Arbitration Tribunal shall have the power to:

94.7.1 confirm the decision; or

94.7.2 set aside the decision in whole or in part and substitute a new decision; or

94.7.3 order a rehearing before a differently constituted Disciplinary Commission.

I cant help but think that we would have gotten the -12 points this season if we wouldn't have been relegated had it been applied.

Anyway, the statement is strange, not acting in bad faith but still we receive a point deduction?

My theory is that some useless g1t at the EFL said it was ok to do what we did with the ground sale but it turns out what they said was completely wrong. We may have acted with this persons approval, hence not acting in bad faith, yet because we actually still broke the rules we were deducted 12 points.

The only thing I can see wrong with my theory is that the accounts were fully audited and signed off as being fine, in which case you would suspect everything to do with the ground sale was within the rules. However, it is possible that the accountants relied on the very same approval by the guy at the EFL.

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

My interpretation of this in simple terms was

1. rules permit infrastructure sale. With no further detail on account parameters but need for fair value 

2. we then make use of this. Claiming the rules didn’t prevent us so what rule have we broken. Valuation signed off and hindsight accounting presumably permissible otherwise wouldn’t be signed off by chartered accountant.

On that basis I thought we might have got away with it and forced a change to the rules. So it will be interesting to see what the judgement actually says.

We have not broken the rules in relation to selling the stadium - the rules permit this. They didn't in the past but were changed to be consistent with the EPL and presumably UEFA

The valuation could always be challenged. The rules permit fair value adjustments to be made. A set of accounts could therefore have 10m sponsorship income for the shirts - perfectly allowed in those figures, but the EFL would amend.

The rule break appears to be the allocation of the stadium sale to the period ended 31st July 2018. We await the reasons for that view - if they are ever published

Chansiri has wrecked this club.

Absolute nailed on relegation next season now.

The worse thing about it is knowone will want to buy this club now, we are a joke.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 4

Guest mkowl
5 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

94.7 Following a Disciplinary Appeal, the League Arbitration Tribunal shall have the power to:

94.7.1 confirm the decision; or

94.7.2 set aside the decision in whole or in part and substitute a new decision; or

94.7.3 order a rehearing before a differently constituted Disciplinary Commission.

So who is on the League Arbitration panel !

21 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

So it's potentially one lost season or several more, depending on how the club reacts on and off the pitch.

Let's dig something positive out of this mess.

1) The decision is here, no more waiting. Now we basically know that we will not attract any high-profile players -- unless they get a lucrative contract with a relegation release clause. This means our recruitment strategy must rely on players who are willing to work for a long-term solution.

2) Chansiri must do something. He cannot hide behind the process anymore. I don't care what it is, I'll judge it when I see it.

3) This should unite the supporters. We are all in the same mess. Well, except for those with the 10-year season tickets, sorry.

high profile players....  the type that have got us into this mess.

Young hungry players are what we need via good scouting and then with good coaching improve themselves and improve the team and we then sell if big money comes in for them.

I do think many fans would be happy to once again throw money around to gamble on promotion rather than draw a line in the sand and do things the right way even if it means the Premiership will be harder to reach .

I know you personally wasn’t saying sign high profile players. And I agree with your post by the way.  Just think many will see this a blow for signings when it could actually work for us.

Edited by rawowl

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The worse thing about it is knowone will want to buy this club now, we are a joke.

I’ve been reading comments from other fans, and from people in general outside of our club, and they’re not very complimentary. Our name is now mud.

How sad to see this. How on earth did he get us in this mess?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve been reading comments from other fans, and from people in general outside of our club, and they’re not very complimentary. Our name is now mud.

How sad to see this. How on earth did he get us in this mess?

My thoughts exactly. Proud club with a proud tradition bought by an incompetent arrogant man spending his family’s money like a fool, with no respect for the many thousands of fans, or the generations that went before them. I’d say that our name isn’t mud, but his name is.  He needs to step away now and appoint someone to run the club who knows what they’re doing.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Paxo (aka. Doyen)

Some of us have been banging on about these characters for years on here, and it's clear they don't like being questioned as Neil has closed many threads about them. It's clear they are reading this site. 

I don't believe Chansiri when he said Paxo has nothing to do with Doyen, research shows that's Bullshiete. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The EFL usually appeal everything so that other clubs can’t come after them. So I fully expect both swfc and EFL to appeal. Or at least the latter.

But an appeal, I understand, is more about whether due process is correct. Rather than the judgement of the panel. Like a judicial review. But I could be wrong 

I think both parties will appeal. First to get a stay on any legal ramifications from other parties. But also to get a second chop at the verdict. Other tribunals have been regular turned over.

38 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Yep

We’re f*cked for years

And he STILL won’t bring in a senior team to help him 

Sell us and leave 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Yep

We’re f*cked for years

And he STILL won’t bring in a senior team to help him 

Sell us and leave 

I wouldn’t hold your breath for an apology either to a fan base who are currently paying the most expensive ticket prices in the division to watch this guy run us into the ground.

• Like 3